News Loma Lookboonmee vs Bruna Brasil 2/10/2024 Strawweight

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Loma has been wrestling a lot lately. Hell, her head coaches are wrestlers. I wouldnt be surprised to see her mix it up here, even if she doesn't need to.
Thai girls have easier transition to MMA than the men. Is it the lack of CTE in women or the men just doesn't want to grapple? Chatri basically turned ONE into a striking org because the Thais ain't producing MMA guys when Thailand has more MMA gyms and coaches in the region.

Loma has been wrestling a lot lately. Hell, her head coaches are wrestlers. I wouldnt be surprised to see her mix it up here, even if she doesn't need to.

Yeah, it was really cool to see her visibly develop her game after she got into the UFC and faced some adversity. It was like Hickman realized "Well, she's already a Muay Thai fighter who's small for the division (should be an Atomweight) and wants to create a lot of clinch situations. She's comfortable in that position and with the idea of dumping people... so why not just inject a fuck-ton of Greco and Judo into her game?" and now here we are. I was a little worried with the lack of awareness on the mat she showed against Denise Gomes -- she looked like the BJJ was way behind the wrestling in that regard -- but she survived the sticky situations to her credit and then submitted Reed her next time out, so I think she's doing the right things.

I suspect she would be well-advised to mix it up against Brasil. Bruna was probably initially overvalued because of her DWCS highlight reel KO, but if you're going to stand and kickbox with her (especially as the much smaller woman) you're going to give her openings to land. I would probably still nominally favor Loma in a pure striking match, but it would definitely be the path of greater resistance. If Loma mixes things up across all ranges -- outside striking, clinch, and working her TDs & top game -- it's her fight to lose.

Loma is a little fireplug, I support her.
Been a fan since her first fight.

Tons of fun to watch. Makes me sad that no high-level male Thai fighters have made it to the UFC. Topnoi Kiwarm was the best hope for that happening as of late, but he blew both his shots on Road to UFC despite being predictably loads of fun inside the cage. Training partner of Loma at Bangtao, too.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was really cool to see her visibly develop her game after she got into the UFC and faced some adversity. It was like Hickman realized "Well, she's already a Muay Thai fighter who's small for the division (should be an Atomweight) and wants to create a lot of clinch situations. She's comfortable in that position and with the idea of dumping people... so why not just inject a fuck-ton of Greco and Judo into her game?" and now here we are. I was a little worried with the lack of awareness on the mat she showed against Denise Gomes -- she looked like the BJJ was way behind the wrestling in that regard -- but she survived the sticky situations to her credit and then submitted Reed her next time out, so I think she's doing the right things.

I think she would be well-advised to mix it up against Brasil. Bruna was probably initially overvalued because of her DWCS highlight reel KO, but if you're going to stand and kickbox with her (especially as the much smaller woman) you're going to give her openings to land. I would probably still nominally favor Loma in a pure striking match, but it would definitely be the path of greater resistance. If Loma mixes things up across all ranges -- outside striking, clinch, and working herTDs & top game -- it's her fight to lose.

Tons of fun to watch. Makes me sad that no high-level male Thai fighters have made it to the UFC. Topnoi Kiwarm was the best hope for that happening as of late, but he blew both his shots on Road to UFC despite being predictably loads of fun inside the cage. Training partner of Loma at Bangtao, too.

Yeah, she's definitely fun to watch.
I wish we could get Stamp from ONE FC, but Im pretty sure she's an atom weight.

I would love to see more high level Thai guys in the UFC though, maybe add some spice.

"It's time for Thai fans to send full motivation to cheer the only fighter from Thailand on UFC stage"

"Get ready to see inspirational content to cheer for this one and only Thai female fighter on every channel of UFC Thailand."

Yeah, she's definitely fun to watch.
I wish we could get Stamp from ONE FC, but Im pretty sure she's an atom weight.

I would love to see more high level Thai guys in the UFC though, maybe add some spice.

Loma is an atomweight as well which I am sure you know. There are so many good 105 prospects the UFC should open that now that there is (again) no point in having 145 around.

Loma is an atomweight as well which I am sure you know. There are so many good 105 prospects the UFC should open that now that there is (again) no point in having 145 around.
145 is as useless as Ronda coming back sir.
Atomweight would be far more exciting than 145 by 10 miles, not sure why they don't just make it happen.

Back