Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr ESPN+ May 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ. Teofimo has an off night, and now we've been treated to multiple main events with Kambosos headlining.
Hope Loma destroys him.

I have no idea how Kambosos is getting these fights either, after the lopez fight he's been soundly beaten twice by Haney, and now he has another ppv against Loma. Unreal the amount of coin he's managed to earn the last few years.

I have no idea how Kambosos is getting these fights either, after the lopez fight he's been soundly beaten twice by Haney, and now he has another ppv against Loma. Unreal the amount of coin he's managed to earn the last few years.
People must be tuning in!

Hope Loma destroys him.
Honestly, I'm hoping for the opposite. I think its the only way we ever see Loma go away. Don't really care much either way about Kambosos, he is what he is. At this point though, Loma is just taking up space, cherry picking the softest opposition that holds a belt and he'll lose it when he fights someone real. Waste of time until Shakur or Gervonta clowns him, I guess.

I'm not really sure this is all that big of a fight. Is Loma really a big name still? He's not undefeated. Clearly past his best. Dropped out of the P4P rankings. Lost to the 2 big names at 135 he fought. I think this is just thinning the herd. At least one person muddying up the division will lose next week and hopefully that'll be the end of it. Loma will lose the belt as soon as he fights someone with a pulse and that'll be the end of that story, god willing.

Honestly, I'm hoping for the opposite. I think its the only way we ever see Loma go away. Don't really care much either way about Kambosos, he is what he is. At this point though, Loma is just taking up space, cherry picking the softest opposition that holds a belt and he'll lose it when he fights someone real. Waste of time until Shakur or Gervonta clowns him, I guess.
Well said, 100% agree.

Tank certainly isn't capable of clowning him (though he may stop him at this stage). Let's recall that Loma fought the undisputed lightweight champion in his last fight, when Haney was still undefeated, and arguably deserved to get the nod. Look at his resume at LW. It's the deepest of any fighter in the division. That's cherrypicking? Is Canelo just taking up space too? He's not undefeated. Just ducked Benavidez.

Clown take.

Clown take.

It’s as bad a take as I’ve ever seen on here. You can’t fight guys who won’t fight you. It’s not hard to read between the lines when you look at his resume compared to his peers, who are only just starting to fight amongst each other after years of posturing and cherry picks! Add to that he’s fighting about 3 weight classes higher than he should be, against fuckin weight bullies who have to rely on home town decisions to keep their titles.

Last edited:
It’s as bad a take as I’ve ever seen on here. You can’t fight guys who won’t fight you. It’s not hard to read between the lines when you look at his resume compared to his peers, who are only just starting to fight amongst each other after years of posturing and cherry picks! Add to that he’s fighting about 3 weight classes higher than he should be, against fuckin weight bullies who have to rely on home town decisions to keep their titles.
Shakur's best win at LW is a completely unproven DLS and Tank's best win is who? Ryan Garcia? I think it's time those two actually fought each other. Loma can fight the winner.

I'm not really sure this is all that big of a fight. Is Loma really a big name still? He's not undefeated. Clearly past his best. Dropped out of the P4P rankings. Lost to the 2 big names at 135 he fought. I think this is just thinning the herd. At least one person muddying up the division will lose next week and hopefully that'll be the end of it. Loma will lose the belt as soon as he fights someone with a pulse and that'll be the end of that story, god willing.
He is not undefeated there fore he sucks. What are you 12? Like others mentioned you are just a clown hahaha. There was a reason you are on my ignore list. Don't know why I wasted my time reading this crap.

Shakur's best win at LW is a completely unproven DLS and Tank's best win is who? Ryan Garcia? I think it's time those two actually fought each other. Loma can fight the winner.
i think Tank's best win is probably Santa Cruz. but yeah i have no clue why Shakur and him havent fought yet. or why Tank has never fought Loma, even though that is a fight that has been discussed for at least five years now.
i dont think anyone cares to see Shakur fight anymore except maybe Floyd fanboys looking for the 2.0 version. but Tank vs Loma would be very exciting, it should happen. not sure who id give the edge to.

He is not undefeated there fore he sucks. What are you 12? Like others mentioned you are just a clown hahaha. There was a reason you are on my ignore list. Don't know why I wasted my time reading this crap.
Don't cherry pick a single phrase from my post and act like its all I said. Loma ducked Shakur to take this fight, which was what I predicted when Shakur called him out. He's not looking for the best fights, he's looking for the softest path to a title.

Don't cherry pick a single phrase from my post and act like its all I said. Loma ducked Shakur to take this fight, which was what I predicted when Shakur called him out. He's not looking for the best fights, he's looking for the softest path to a title.
He didn't duck Shakur. He wanted time off according to Bob Arum himself who promotes them both. If you want to see what ducking actually looks like, Canelo recently ducking Benavidez is a shining example. Or Tank avoiding Loma for 7 years. Those are ducks. Loma, even at 36, will fight Shakur soon. That's my prediction. Let's see if I'm right.

He didn't duck Shakur. He wanted time off according to Bob Arum himself who promotes them both. If you want to see what ducking actually looks like, Canelo recently ducking Benavidez is a shining example. Or Tank avoiding Loma for 7 years. Those are ducks. Loma, even at 36, will fight Shakur soon. That's my prediction. Let's see if I'm right.
Shakur turned down Kambosos to fight Loma, Loma chose Kambosos. You call it what you want, I'll call it what it is.

Shakur turned down Kambosos to fight Loma, Loma chose Kambosos. You call it what you want, I'll call it what it is.
Loma chose Kambosos? Not exactly. They're ranked #2 & #3 by the IBF. This is for the vacant title to my knowledge. Why would he fight Shakur now, without any leverage at the table (coming off a loss and no titles), when he could pick up a title or two before fighting him? That's normal. We literally see it all the time.

Loma chose Kambosos? Not exactly. They're ranked #2 & #3 by the IBF. This is for the vacant title to my knowledge. Why would he fight Shakur now, without any leverage at the table (coming off a loss and no titles), when he could pick up a title or two before fighting him? That's normal. We literally see it all the time.

Why should Canelo fight Beneavidez then?

He can do what he wants, but he's just looking for the easiest path back to the the top, obviously. He had two options, he chose the easier one. This is what a declining fighter who doubts himself does. Shakur could have taken the easy fight with Kambosos but called out Loma instead. Now Shakur isn't even fighting and Loma is fighting the guy he turned down to fight him.

Why should Canelo fight Beneavidez then?

He can do what he wants, but he's just looking for the easiest path back to the the top, obviously. He had two options, he chose the easier one. This is what a declining fighter who doubts himself does. Shakur could have taken the easy fight with Kambosos but called out Loma instead. Now Shakur isn't even fighting and Loma is fighting the guy he turned down to fight him.
Benavidez is Canelo's mandatory and it's one of the biggest fights in boxing. That's why he should fight him. Loma has no mandatories anymore since he holds no titles. He's still rated by the sanctioning bodies like the WBC and IBF but he's free to go in any direction he chooses.

Ultimately the order won't matter. Loma's been looking to collect all of the titles at LW for the last 6 years. That's how I know he'll fight Shakur. As long as Shakur holds a belt that is. Last I heard Shakur is back. His "retirement" was very short-lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back