Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr ESPN+ May 11th

Might someone post that Patterson was bum just cos he had lost some fights and via stoppage not on cards. He is part of boxing history, was Olympic Gold šŸ„‡ medalist and World HW champ in pros. When he had lost bout vs Johanson via stoppage he get rematch just cos clauses in contract.
Ali is special specimen to discuss greatness of protection he get from Don King. Clauses in contracts. Dragged Foreman to fight in Zaire where 0 normal boxing commission and refused rematch. Forced Norton to do rematch cos clauses....dragged Frazier to fight in Manila. Had borrowed money from Frazier and later called Frazier as slave ( there is book called Uncle Tom, famous American book what stuff means Uncle Tom )......
Later Don had get him licence in order to get allowed to fight vs Holmes and Ali told that Holmes is his ...slave......And get lesson.

G man had promised to kill Benn ....and get lesson.

Loma IMHO had 2 big mistakes in his life.
He is selfish and cocky.
Next mistake is character about post USSR countries.
Western guy if managed to get world championship gold medal and Olympic Gold....easily will get sponsors and investors for pro career cos he is am superstar.
Loma opted to get next Olympic Gold medal at any cost......
So had turned into a pro 4 years later than he might had did.....accumulated damn a lot of mileage under belt before turned into a pro.
Also he really is selfish and cocky guy.

He is selfish and cocky.
Western guy if managed to get world championship gold medal and Olympic Gold....easily will get sponsors and investors for pro career cos he is am superstar.
So had turned into a pro 4 years later than he might had did.....accumulated damn a lot of mileage under belt before turned into a pro.

<mma4>

There are big difference when word " master " is used in U.S southern area or in Europe.

In Europe tittle used to address someone as " master " means that you recognize your conversation partner as master of craft. In some field and speciality.
180+ years ago in southern part of U.S such word not in rare cases had been used to adress slave owner or member of his family and this is....different world immediately without doubts.

Lopez vs Loma had surprised me exactly cos Lopez had normal discipline and did job normally. I had scored 7-5 close for Lopez and I had hated Lopez before this fight, while after this....I don't think that he in reality is bad person. Father ofc unfortunately is special case worth specimen.

He is selfish and cocky.
Heā€™d have to have some level of selfishness or arrogance to carry himself to such lofty amateur status, self belief and a desire to possess an accomplishment are pretty key in such endeavors.

Heā€™d have to have some level of selfishness or arrogance to carry himself to such lofty amateur status, self belief and a desire to possess an accomplishment are pretty key in such endeavors.
Yeah. However to stay too long in ams is huge risk also cos athletes support and sponsorship reality in Ukr....
Had he failed to get medals in some maybe 2 big events in row and they simply might had threw him " under bus ".
Ams aren't pros, no one will care 100-0 or 50-50 record..... all stuff they need is to have guy get medals and cups in important international scale events.....

I lost a lot of respect for Loma after the Commey fight.

He hurt Commey and instead of following up, stepped back and shouted at Commey's corner to stop the fight as if he was gonna kill him if they didn't.

Then he failed to finish Commey and won by decision. That whole clownshow was shameful.

Last edited:

He hurt Commey and instead of following up, stepped back and shouted at Commey's corner to stop the fight as if he was gonna kill him if they didn't.

Then he failed to finish Commey and won by decision. That whole clownshow was shameful.
It was a strange sight. Commey's legs were gone. He managed to recover though when Loma could've finished him. That was foolish but it didn't make me lose respect for him.

Yeah I completely agree how shameful of him trying to save a man from taking more unnecessary brain damage. It's not like boxer just died from ko or something.

Smh.

Yeah I completely agree how shameful of him trying to save a man from taking more unnecessary brain damage. It's not like boxer just died from ko or something.

Smh.
ā€œSavingā€ a boxer is the job of the referee and the boxerā€™s corner.

Loma wasnā€™t trying to save anyone, he was showing off and disrespecting everyone in the worst way possible.

Itā€™s disrespectful to the opponent because youā€™re acting like he doesnā€™t even belong in the ring. Itā€™s disrespectful to the referee who knows his job better than you. Itā€™s disrespectful to the corner who care about their fighter more than you.

Didnā€™t think this one through, did you?

Loma wasnā€™t trying to save anyone, he was showing off and disrespecting everyone in the worst way possible.

Itā€™s disrespectful to the opponent because youā€™re acting like he doesnā€™t even belong in the ring. Itā€™s disrespectful to the referee who knows his job better than you. Itā€™s disrespectful to the corner who care about their fighter more than you.

Loma isn't the first fighter to ever do that and he certainly won't be the last. Urging the opponent's corner or the ref to stop the fight is just looking for a mercy stoppage. Roy's done it before. Showing mercy in and of itself isn't necessarily disrespectful. Many sports themselves have a mercy rule. Amateur boxing did for years in the electronic scoring points era.

You are right, nothing says respect like beating crap out of the guy when he is out on his feet.

He didn't do that to be disrespectful, he liked commey, he didn't want to hurt him anymore and looked at his corner if they want to end it. He probably wouldn't have done that if that was Haney.

Refs make bad calls all the time, corner too. His corner said that they would stop the fight if he got hurt like that again. Loma shouldn't have done that as he was unable to finish him, but to say that's disrespectful is a stretch.
Ryan just did that against Haney. That was disrespectful too, right? Ref didn't save him in 7th and neither did his corner.

Last edited:
We all know Loma is going to smoke Kambosos, but it's too bad he's also on the tail end of his career because I would like to see him fight Stevenson.

He is selfish and cocky.

Loma isn't the first fighter to ever do that and he certainly won't be the last. Urging the opponent's corner or the ref to stop the fight is just looking for a mercy stoppage. Roy's done it before. Showing mercy in and of itself isn't necessarily disrespectful. Many sports themselves have a mercy rule. Amateur boxing did for years in the electronic scoring points era.
Yeah, but itā€™s the way he did it.

ā€œLOOK AT ME SAVING YOUR GUYā€

We all know Loma is going to smoke Kambosos, but it's too bad he's also on the tail end of his career because I would like to see him fight Stevenson.
id pick Loma to fuck Stevenson up right now, no bullshit. Stevenson is way too happy with flicking out a job and squirming away. Loma would follow him and pepper his face up.
would love to see it because Shakur is boring as fuck and Loma would make it a good fight

id pick Loma to fuck Stevenson up right now, no bullshit. Stevenson is way too happy with flicking out a job and squirming away. Loma would follow him and pepper his face up.
would love to see it because Shakur is boring as fuck and Loma would make it a good fight
I wouldn't favor him over Shakur. Not anymore. He's 36 and has a style that doesn't age gracefully. Shakur can be hit here and there but his defense is pretty tight. He manages distance very well. The only other guy in the sport that might be better at it is Bivol. Both of them are the least hit fighters in boxing. Loma will get inside but the question is how often? When he does get there he needs to make it count. He'll need to rough him up on the inside and land big shots and combinations. I did notice that Shakur only landed 25 more total punches than DLS. Loma vs Shakur could be a lot closer than the odds would suggest (Shakur will be favored by the bookies).

I wouldn't favor him over Shakur. Not anymore. He's 36 and has a style that doesn't age gracefully. Shakur can be hit here and there but his defense is pretty tight. He manages distance very well. The only other guy in the sport that might be better at it is Bivol. Both of them are the least hit fighters in boxing. Loma will get inside but the question is how often? When he does get there he needs to make it count. He'll need to rough him up on the inside and land big shots and combinations. I did notice that Shakur only landed 25 more total punches than DLS. Loma vs Shakur could be a lot closer than the odds would suggest (Shakur will be favored by the bookies).
of course Shakur would be favored. but his style is about popping in and out and then avoiding everything else. Loma would make him fight and we havent seen that before. plus with Loma's angles he'd be a tricky customer for Shakur.
ill admit part of it is wishful thinking because Shakur has stunk up the joint lately. hell, I would be happy if Tank beat his ass. its only a matter of time before someone catches him.
before Loma retires id love to see him vs Tank too. would be a thrilling chess match.

Back