Looing for spectator numbers

JohnPJones

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've tried google but no resources come up, and i'm not sure where else to ask that might have people who could point me in the right direction or have info for a tournament or competition they competed in or hosted recently.

looking to get spectator numbers at karate tournaments/competitions of various sizes, from local city level all the way up to national and international level.

I've tried google but no resources come up, and i'm not sure where else to ask that might have people who could point me in the right direction or have info for a tournament or competition they competed in or hosted recently.

looking to get spectator numbers at karate tournaments/competitions of various sizes, from local city level all the way up to national and international level.

Not sure if this helps but the local MT shows if its a full house, is 1008 spectators to be exact. Might be hard to find out the details without either going to a show and taking a head count, or finding the seating capacity where the events are held

From my experience, in the Balkans, TKD ITF tournament qualifications for the national team can get up to 1.000 - 2.000 people.

For international TKD tournaments, I haven't participated, but it can probably go up to 5.000 maybe? If its done in a country where TKD is big, and they have done a good promotion.

High level European tournament, with participants on invitation, had 4.000 intendance.

Low level ITF tournaments, you can probably get a few hundred people if done in a big venue. If done in a gym, you will probably get dozens.

It's not karate, but it's still TMA, so it might help you. (and I am talking about europe)

Also, the national and international tournaments have not only fighting, but kata's, breaking board competitions, jumping kicks competitions... It's done in the course of 2-3 days, plus weight in, and you often have hundreds of participants.

Sitting places in event's place not always are measurment.
Once I saw regional ( not only one country but not continental ) level tournament, where maybe half seats were used..... Okey, not high level, such a teenagers etc, but they did really harash bouts. Maybe this reason why I don't find anymore some videos that i saw earlier. A few really deep KOs were handled out quickly, some in 1 - 1min 55 sec timeframe. This was under Kyokushin rules and held in Belarus, guys were from maybe 6 countries.
Another tournament they had interesting too, cos for some groups KB bouts under kick light rules were in morning and full contact in early evening, god damn, some competed in both disciplines. some KOs and TKOs were handled out too. Teen ammy not always don't beat hard.

Thanks guys.
So far I’ve heard back from 2 groups I reached out to.
A ‘pan American goju ‘ tournament got 107 spectators
And USA karatedo federation says they get about 1.25 spectators per athlete with local-regional gets 50-1000 competitors and national 1500-2000 competitors

Back