Looking 78 years back in time 🤯 New York City in 1945

I was 15-16 years old, and I learned a lot from that day.
Also each generation has gotten entitled and lazy with the audacity to think they're better than the older generation.

I personally think elders are an important link to a forgotten past/time.
Maybe it's just me but I appreciate that link, but not everyone does and that's a choice made on a personal level sir.
I was always fond of listening to my elders, and learning from their stories. It wasn’t hard, as I am one of the youngest of my entire family, so every one from family to stranger were elders to me for a long time. There were many of them that had great opinions of things to come, while also realizing what was being lost. Outlooks and insights only time can give you, which we seem to think now that it can be grown in a lab or something. Some easy way to force it.

I get ya, bro.

I was always fond of listening to my elders, and learning from their stories. It wasn’t hard, as I am one of the youngest of my entire family, so every one from family to stranger were elders to me for a long time. There were many of them that had great opinions of things to come, while also realizing what was being lost. Outlooks and insights only time can give you, which we seem to think now that it can be grown in a lab or something. Some easy way to force it.

I get ya, bro.

Exactly sir, only time and experience can nurture those stories.
There's magic in them, but too many people ignore them unfortunately.

Exactly sir, only time and experience can nurture those stories.
There's magic in them, but too many people ignore them unfortunately.
Indeed there is. Even as a man in his forties, I love listening to old timers reminiscing, and giving their impressions on the world. If you surround yourself with people who really think about life honestly, you will not receive only negative or BS impressions of where we are going. Takes effort and energy on your behalf though, so that’s difficult for many of us.

Indeed there is. Even as a man in his forties, I love listening to old timers reminiscing, and giving their impressions on the world. If you surround yourself with people who really think about life honestly, you will not receive only negative or BS impressions of where we are going. Takes effort and energy on your behalf though, so that’s difficult for many of us.

Effort is an allergen nowadays sir lol.
The elders, even the negative ones have something to teach...you just have to filter some of the negative aspects.

When I was 15-16 yrs old I talked a man in his 90s and he told me he remembered when New York still had cobble roads.

He had lived in the same neighborhood his whole life, and was telling me how things changed and more and more people ruined what he remembered of his childhood.

It was kinda depressing to be honest.
The original York still has cobbled roads.

357b4bfb-59a1-483e-b865-91e26c0562f3-1.jpg

When I was 15-16 yrs old I talked a man in his 90s and he told me he remembered when New York still had cobble roads.

He had lived in the same neighborhood his whole life, and was telling me how things changed and more and more people ruined what he remembered of his childhood.

If you are in Greenwich village, Gansevoort still has the original cobbles.

They still have some cobble road left in the Meat Packing District. There's even a few dirt roads in Brooklyn.

NYC has changed so much even since the 80s.

I was on the UWS today. I haven't spent much time up there. It's really nice without all the bums and junkies hanging around midtown.

Last edited:
They still have some cobble road left in the Meat Packing District. There's even a few dirt roads in Brooklyn.

I was on the UWS today. I haven't spent much time up there. It's really nice without all the bums and junkies hanging around midtown.

Where on the UWS (former resident here).?

My understanding is that they created homeless shelters on the UWS and it's gone to shit.

The man I was talking about was talking about ALL the streets sir.

Back