Looking for a new pair of boxing gloves

Oh, no. I'm just saying that the names of their gloves seem to be completely independent of the boxer they're named after...
Ah okay. I hadn't considered before this conversation that it was named after Robert Guerrero. I know there is a place called Guerrero in Mexico named after a historical figure. You could be right though.

Ah okay. I hadn't considered before this conversation that it was named after Robert Guerrero. I know there is a place called Guerrero in Mexico named after a historical figure. You could be right though.
You know, I always assumed they were named after the fighter, but I may be completely wrong about that. I always wondered why they would be named after Guerrero.

Lol.

You know, I always assumed they were named after the fighter, but I may be completely wrong about that. I always wondered why they would be named after Guerrero.

Lol.
I'm almost certain that I'm wrong. My bad.

I never bothered to consider it until now.

But for good measure here's a photo of Robert Guerrero and rival gloves:Keith-Thurman-Robert-Guerrero-465554772-copy.jpg

I would never go off of someone else's opinion or experience when buying gloves for boxing or kickboxing . Find a good store where you can try on different makes and styles not everyone is going to want the same. I would never order gloves online again unless I knew exactly what I was getting.

I would never go off of someone else's opinion or experience when buying gloves for boxing or kickboxing . Find a good store where you can try on different makes and styles not everyone is going to want the same. I would never order gloves online again unless I knew exactly what I was getting.

Depends where you live. In Australia we don't have a lot of choice on shops that carry different makes and styles of gloves and it is easier just to read a different range of people's opinions.

I have the winning 12oz velcros and rival Guerrero sf-f 10z. The sf-f are abit too soft for my liking. Mainly use them for bags and pads. Anyone tried the rb11's?

Apparently, Loma is using Venum now. I wonder if there was some kind of falling out with Russ Anber.

Soon Venum will be touted as the hottest new boxing glove brand. Just you wait and see.
I heard venom are paying out nice sums of money to fighters to use their gloves. Rival do not pay fighters to use their fight gloves. So venom will be picking up very soon.

I have the winning 12oz velcros and rival Guerrero sf-f 10z. The sf-f are abit too soft for my liking. Mainly use them for bags and pads. Anyone tried the rb11's?

I own Guerrero SF-F 10oz as well. They are really soft. But I don't mind them for bagwork.

I also own Rival RB11s. They're much stiffer, like traditional bag gloves. I like them too but I don't use them much nowadays.

Then there’s little sense in even swinging by through this sub-forum since it’s literally for reading and sharing reviews and experiences on G&E.

{<hhh]

Enjoy buying 3 brands of gloves for the rest of your life then.

Then there’s little sense in even swinging by through this sub-forum since it’s literally for reading and sharing reviews and experiences on G&E.

{<hhh]
I should have been more clear. What I'm saying is it's not enough to take someone else's word for it. It's always better to try on the glove everyone has different needs for wrist support, padding, style, price range.. nothing against this sub forum or anyone opinion I respect everyone's thoughts and experiences.

I'm almost certain that I'm wrong. My bad.

I never bothered to consider it until now.

But for good measure here's a photo of Robert Guerrero and rival gloves:View attachment 543483

I don’t think Guerrero likes those Rivals very much hahaha!

But yeah like dude said, this is like Everlast doing there MX, Rivals Mexican style punchers glove. Except Everlast actually makes the MX in mexico I’d say thats a plus.

What better word to go with Mex style than Guerrero (Warrior) eventhough I’d pick “El Diablo” the yotube legend!

<DCWhoa>

Personaly i would never buy gloves without trying them. Reading reviews help a lot letting you know what to look for when you try them.

Rival, Fairtex, Twins, maybe Leone etc. all make good gloves once you hit around 70 pounds-dollars-euros range (depence where you are).

I should have been more clear. What I'm saying is it's not enough to take someone else's word for it. It's always better to try on the glove everyone has different needs for wrist support, padding, style, price range.. nothing against this sub forum or anyone opinion I respect everyone's thoughts and experiences.

Yeah I didn’t mean to sound like an ass wipe. Sporting stores in most places are shit. The closest one to me just has the Everlast “Pro Style” cheap as hell versions and some centurys and this goes for the majority of sporting stores in the states. I tried on some “Elite Pro Style” and it felt tight, uncomfty, smelled like $15 boots off the fleat market and the padding... What padding?

Guys mainly know what style and brand interests them from a start. So with a few reviews on here they atleast can depend on gear that has good material and durability. Conserves the value, they try it, don’t like it, they can sell it for good cash as they didn’t buy trash it just simply didn’t fit their liking. And you can repeat till you get somewhere but you have something good to work with. If you try a pair of Bad Boys at some gym and think they were legit then buy them. Month or two later they’re falling apart, now what?

I own Guerrero SF-F 10oz as well. They are really soft. But I don't mind them for bagwork.

I also own Rival RB11s. They're much stiffer, like traditional bag gloves. I like them too but I don't use them much nowadays.
I just ordered mine and I'll see how they are. Initially I wanted to get the Guerrero hde-f version as I prefer laced up gloves for bag and pads. I'll end up getting them anyways lol. Next on the list are the winning fg2900.

I just ordered mine and I'll see how they are. Initially I wanted to get the Guerrero hde-f version as I prefer laced up gloves for bag and pads. I'll end up getting them anyways lol. Next on the list are the winning fg2900.

Do get the Winning FG-2900. It's awesome. But it's expensive.

Back