Lost 57lbs in 4 months... and still going.

this is my first time reading this thread, and i am absolutely amazed, and proud..you look amazing man, to go from 340 to 190 is one of the most admirable things ive ever seen

truly inspiring

nice job in cutting the weight, i cut about 22 in 3 months, i was 210 on august and im 188 right now. im am very please with my weight loss but have not reach my goal yet. im trying to get down to 170 and my cheeks are still chubby, but right now it just seem to be harder to loose weight by janurary im going to take bjj at night and still run and lift weights in the morning

the_chosen_one1 said:
how old is your roommate ? because i can't see him staying that light when he gets into his 30's and is still eating like that.

He's 23. I don't see that happening either, and I've been trying to get him to eat healthier for a while now. He seems to be doing better lately by my influence, but he's lazy so he still eats a bunch of garbage just because it's quicker. I'm going to laugh if he gets all fat and I'm in great shape :D

wow I am feeling motivated lol, great work and i wish you the best with everything!!!

I dont want to step on the mod's toes here, but I'd sticky it. Upto them though, great thread eitherway, very inspirational.

~Foz

hehe, no need to sticky it. I didn't really set out to be the poster boy for being really fat and then not being really fat. :)

However, I am glad that what I am doing has inspired others!

most certainly. It's moreso just the inspirtational stuff, I myself am overweight at the moment, not to the same degree you were at but I would like to lose about 30-40lbs. I havent taken it as serious as I should, but I'm getting there. It's just nice to see threads showing you that it really can be done.

~Foz

Great work!
I myself weighed I shit you not 385lbs back in June, the heaviest I have ever been. Then I just decided enough is enough.
I went to the fridge and tossed nearly everything that was in there in the trash and made a promise to myself.
Today I weighed in at 283lbs.

My diet now consists of lots of chicken breast, turkey, lean red meats, tuna and some shrimp. I eat a huge amount of veggies as well. My big deserts are fat free pudding made with fat free milk or jello and a low fat graham cracker. I also enjoy fresh fruits as well but in moderation.

Things I have cut from my diet- Cheese, most grains, fatty meats, all junk food. No pizza, No Chinese takeout or bullshit fast food. No ice cream or any other shit you find in the desert section. Pretty much all high carb or high fat foods. Everything a fat ass shouldn't be eating I stopped eating.

I eat well, very well. And I feel healthy.

Aside from eating right I also setup a workout schedule for myself. Bowflex, biking and heavy bag workouts keep me active. The big workout for me is the heavy bag which I love. I do this every other day and this is my favorite activity of all. Perhaps because I can really see and feel the results not only in my strength returning but my stamina. Going from being winded after 5 rounds to feeling good to go after an hour really does wonders for ones self esteem.

Anyway great thread and keep it up.

Just read through a lot of the thread here (just joined) - great stuff dude! I am currently about 5 weeks in to my eating better/excerising deal. I'm 5'-8" and started at 235, I'm only at about 230 right now though grrr. I've been working out with the (I know, I know) Biggest Loser DVD, which for just getting back in the saddle kicks my butt pretty good, especially the high intensity/boot camp part which I am on now.

My "problem" is the same as many, I am self employed and develop web sites for a living so I am on this computer for 10-13 hours a day. Being at home and working for yourself is tough because you just want to grab what's fast and keep working. That on top of 2 kiddos and doing some stuff for my church, you get so used to going fast food just to get a meal quickly.

My goal is to be at 185 by August 2007 (we are going to Myrtle Beach for vacation). I don't know WHEN the last time I was at that weight was, right out of high school MAYBE. I am 35 now so... We went to Busch Gardens this past Summer and I hate being the guy who won't take his shirt off...

Hopefully I will achieve the same success as you! Looks like I need to spend more time on cardio right now (at 20 minutes currently).

this is by far one of the most inspirational threads i have ever read.....im truly amazed....nothing but my admiration to you frettish....when i feel like i cant lose weight or i cant stick to my diet....this is a great place to come and get motivation....

Update:

I am now 182 (and still about 6'1" :) )

Still have loose skin / some flab around the belly. Hate it.

Slowly getting stronger.

Definitely getting faster and increasing stamina.

This really has changed my life dramatically. I am now at a new job and making twice what I was making years ago. Confidence is up. Girls are lovin' it, etc. All just nice perks of this.

What matters most is I feel amazing.

Great job, Frettish. Not only have you accomplished something amazing, but you've done it with class and modesty. I hope you hit up those weights hard and go from looking good to looking awesome.

Hats off to ya.

Nice job brother! 80% of life is just showing up. That was you making the commitment to yourself. Now look at all the great things that have happened to you. You make us proud.

shit man, great job. im 5/6 and 172, i want to go to 152, i have tried before, but failed miserably. but seeing ths thread and what u been tru, ill deff will start again, congratulations man, inspiring.

Just found this thread. Good job man, this truly is a great accomplishment.

Back