News Luke Rockhold says the UFC middleweight division is ‘ripe for the taking’

If Rockhold faced Israel my money would be on Rockhold returning to his natural existence in the NetherRealm with the spirits of James Vick, Chris Weidman and Chuck Liddell waiting for him with open arms at it's gates.

giphy.gif
7C4K.gif
PastelVapidIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif
TA-cCwsQIX28Ydu8CZsXl7Nd3TnRlQaXdoDcwqPPuYijvuhueMilPbcdLZMJSwZH1A_oNn9XEKd5qc4Cmm4wVNBmXKqGhW6kMalCwSiIMRRsdKNlytIwcDLt03OqsKCz

Prime Rockhold is probably a nightmare opponent for Israel. The current version of Rockhold gets KO'd early.
Have to agree with you here.. I'd be worried about betting for Rockhold against any of the MW top 10 strictly because of his chin and non-existent boxing defense.

Looking at the rankings and who is booked, I'd say the best fights for Luke would be the winners of any of the following matchups, perhaps at the end of the year would make sense:

- Costa vs Cannonier
- Brunson vs Till
- Hall vs Strickland

or Jack Hermansson, would be a good grappling matchup and Jack is pillow fisted enough that it's unlikely he'll chin Rockhold in the first 2 rounds.

Prime Rockhold is probably a nightmare opponent for Israel. The current version of Rockhold gets KO'd early.

Peak Rockhold would beat every fighter in the MW division, outside of Bobby Knuckles.

Luke is setting himself up for more embarrassment.

Talked all that shit about Jan being subpar, and the dude ends up winning the LHW title and being the first guy to beat Israel.

Also, Izzy actually went the distance with Jan whereas Luke got his jaw broken, so I'm not sure what the fuck he's so smug about.

Peak Rockhold would beat every fighter in the MW division, outside of Bobby Knuckles.

Peak Rockhold still had shitty striking defense and a penchant for getting spectacularly KO'd. Also, while he's an excellent submission grappler, he ain't a dominant wrestler.

I think that Adesanya and Cannonier would KO the best version of Luke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back