Luke Thomas: "If Khabib doesnt take the Conor fight the UFC might strip him"

Khabib won't budge. If it's money he has money, he said it that he's fighting for legacy.

khabib said this but his father said for the right price they can fight. And if you are Colombian, a beautiful country, I spent time in Palmira. Some of the best days of my life.

I think Conor SHOULD fight Khabib......after Tony, Gaethje, or anyone else that has been active and is on a good streak of wins.
<BC1>

(Assuming Khabib wins these fights of course)

its possible, but wouldnt give connor revenge or bring in $$$

Well, no worries... They can strip Khabib and Conor will need to fight the best, thing he simply doesn't want to. So, it will be alright. Khabib doesn't need Conor, Conor needs Khabib. So...

khabib said this but his father said for the right price they can fight. And if you are Colombian, a beautiful country, I spent time in Palmira. Some of the best days of my life.

Palmira is close to where some relatives live. Good weather.

If they are willing to strip Conor twice you can bet your sweet virgin asses they will strip Khabib too!!

If Dana even thinks about stripping Khabib I will be seeing him and have some harsh words with him

TIMESTAMPED:

"Honestly, i wouldnt put it as the most likely possibility, but to tell you the truth i wouldnt put it as some kind of remote possibility either... dude, they just might strip him. Or he might vacate the title.
If the guy really is a man of principle and the UFC is like "this is the fight" and he keeps true to his word, they might strip him and he might walk away from the belt. God only knows.

My hunch is that if he does that he will be branded as somebody.... (reflective pause). The rough spot that he is in, is that if he doesnt take that fight, however illegitimate you might believe McGregor might be in terms of deserving the fight from a meritocracy standpoint.... (pause again). Just look at the optics...

There are certain people who believe that the first fight was close, but Conor rejuvenated would be a different ball game. I think thats wishful thinking, but that perspective is out there.

If he is told that Conor is next, Conor will make a big stink about it. And if Khabib doesnt take that fight he will be branded as a total coward. The optics would look quite bad, even though i dont agree with it. So i think he will be put into a corner. Conor doesnt have levarage in terms of deserving the title shot, but in terms of public perception being on his side, he's got a lot and it would be a really bad look for Khabib if the UFC wants to go this direction

People would say that he is afraid. That he got Conor when he wasnt ready. When he was a year off competition. When he wasnt taking it serious. This is the new Conor. You can just see how it would be presented to the public. He would look like, in his words, a chicken"

Why even strip Khabib? True fans know who the real champ is at LW... and FW... and WW.
View media item 32441

fanboys dont want to admit it

but Conor will generate enough to make shareholders happy, Khabib simply will not match

It was a FLUKE anyway.

upload_2020-1-28_13-55-27-png.718485

The best part about all of this is everyone looking past Tony

There's absolutely no way the UFC will strip Khabib. The guy is a draw, his manager Ali manages a lot of fighters on the roster so he had bargaining power, it will be a fucking PR nightmare for the UFC as well. Just imagine the backlash from the media if they did that.

Back