Media Magomed Ankalaev: UFC "promised me" the winner of Pereira vs Hill

someone should tell magomed about bar drink called "title" i guess
so he can have multiple "title" shots each weekend
cocktail-glass_1f378.png

It hurts for me to say this, he would be favorite against both Jamahal and Pereira

He has won one of his last three and lost to Paul Craig. No title shot for this guy untill he gets 2-3 conclusive wins over solid opponents

Show us on the doll where Ank touched you.

I think Hill styles on Ankalaev. His striking is better and he showed better TDD than Jan and Jiri did against Glover.

Pereira would be interesting because I think both guys have clear advantages and while Ankalaev’s takedowns aren’t great his top control is brutal probably looks a lot like the Jan fight where the fight could be decided by how often Ankalaev can get a takedown to outweigh getting outstruck.
lol. imagine thinking Jamahal Hill styles on anybody, let alone someone like Ankalaev. Hill is a glorified brawler with some good physical attributes, which is apparently enough to get to the top of this shit division.

He's the most boring fighter at 205. He's not getting a shot anytime soon.

No hes not. just say that you dont like him, dont need to make shit up.

He really is. I know nothing about him except his fights and they're boring. He's skilled but not exciting.

While I know the UFC doesn't like Ankalaev its entirely possible they did promise him that.

You could pick either Ankalaev or Rakic/Jiri winner. Its an "either or" sorta thing.

Maybe they feel they've punished Ankalaev enough for having the audacity to feel that he won a draw.

lol. imagine thinking Jamahal Hill styles on anybody, let alone someone like Ankalaev. Hill is a glorified brawler with some good physical attributes, which is apparently enough to get to the top of this shit division.

"Hill is a glorified brawler with some good physical attributes".

You haven't stated anything WRONG with Hill. You're just saying hes just this or just that but its all positive shit you're framing as a negative. Remember one guy said "Hills only a worse version of Jon Jones" thinking thats some sort of diss. Yeah hes ONLY that.

People hate this mfer for some reason.

"Hill is a glorified brawler with some good physical attributes".

You haven't stated anything WRONG with Hill. You're just saying hes just this or just that but its all positive shit you're framing as a negative. Remember one guy said "Hills only a worse version of Jon Jones" thinking thats some sort of diss. Yeah hes ONLY that.

People hate this mfer for some reason.
Im not hating on him. Actually I think he will beat Pereira.

Hes a good fighter, but he doesnt have the skills to "style on" opponents, especially not a technical and calculated fighter like Ankalaev.

Im not hating on him. Actually I think he will beat Pereira.

Hes a good fighter, but he doesnt have the skills to "style on" opponents, especially not a technical and calculated fighter like Ankalaev.

Maybe you don't and I'm unfairly profiling you. But your post still had those undertones. I've never seen a more irrational dislike of a fighter in terms of the community. I'm perplexed why people aren't enthused about this guy.

Ankalaev is a brilliant fighter way better than Alex. Maybe Hill beats him maybe he doesn't. But people shouldn't be shocked if Hill were to run the table at LHW for 5 years.

Sweet McDonald’s hairline ya goof

He has won one of his last three and lost to Paul Craig. No title shot for this guy untill he gets 2-3 conclusive wins over solid opponents
The loss to Paul Craig was his first UFC fight and has zero bearing on wether he gets a title shot in 2024

Would prefer a rematch with Jiri if he looks good

How many of his "last 3" has he LOST?

Alex should be 0-3 his last 3.

Thats so funny. So after his draw...ehm sparring fight with Blacho and win over Walker he thinks that he deserve title shot?? So naive and funny..... <lol>

Most well rounded LHW. A lot of people fear that he’s go in g to get a TS because they know he’s going to win.
i’m not that impressed with him. this is the weakest lhw division we’ve ever seen and he only looks marginally better than his competition. arguably lost to jan too. he very well could be champ at some point but probably won’t set any records. so personally i’m okay with him waiting a bit.

Maybe they feel they've punished Ankalaev enough for having the audacity to feel that he won a draw.
He accused the UFC of corruption in the post-fight interview. Of course the UFC didn't like it. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

How many of his "last 3" has he LOST?

Alex should be 0-3 his last 3.
1, but they gave him a nc. That was a clear dq.
Either way, I’d like to see him fight for the belt next, even though I prefer Jiri as a fighter. It is time Ank gets his shot, hopefully he doesn’t throw iq out of the window when it happens.

Back