Magomed Ankalaev vs. Alex Pereira - Who wins this fight if it happens?

Who wins?

• Total voters
What’s stopping Poatan from drilling take down defense day and night for 12 weeks? All he has to do is keep it standing and he wins.

Yeah that was Conor's plan against Khabib too, didn't work out too great. :p:D

For sure Derrick will never get that fight either. Its pointless. Poatan is and always will be an anomaly,and thus.he will basically just fight top level mostly strike oriented fighters for the rest of his career. UFC would be stupid as fuck to match Lewis with him.

yeah but who is "just a striker" that's a top HW. most HWs are strikers but a lot of them have passable grappling skills at least compared to Pereira. i feel like Pavlovich is the only one who will most likely only strike with Pereira, and he brings his own level of danger to the table. unless they match him vs someone like Tai but that's a pointless fight because Tai isn't really a top HW.

I would pick Ankalaev to win this fight, because I don't think I have ever seen him get rocked or staggered in any of his fights. I have seen Pereira get KO'd by a MW, so based on that, I would pick the Russian. I will be rooting for Pereira though.

if ank fights the way he did last night and not attempt one takedown then alex will knock him the fuck out. if he starts the fight with a takedown he controls him and prob wins easily.

If they were to fight, would that be the first non English speaking fighters in a title fight?
Islam fought Charles. GSP fought a Brazilian guy I think. Some WMMA fights. And yeah, Stipe fought Ngannou 😅

What’s stopping Poatan from drilling take down defense day and night for 12 weeks? All he has to do is keep it standing and he wins.
You tell us, why hasn't he done that for his previous fights?

The fans win!!

Ank should be favoured but slightly.

Alex has way too many offensive tools and ways to win this.

Anklaev is the best wrestler in the division. He's very talented in that area. The thing is though, if you go watch his last 7 or 8 fights, you can clearly see he prefers to be a striker. This is problematic against Poatan. I see him going to sleep.

Ankalaev should win this by grappling and do it fast and relentlessly. Wasting 2-3 minutes on the feet might get his front leg chewed and that will likely slow him down too much.
If there are any mma gods out there, Ank should win. If he loses then it’s true - a kickboxer just waltzed in and mowed down the current mma elite. We can’t have that.

War Alex!

Back