Social Man Dies Due to Cancer Drug Shortage

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Think this would be unheard of but I guess not. He was terminal anyhow but wanted to treat it to extend his time and died waiting for the drugs. Very sad story.

Think this would be unheard of but I guess not. He was terminal anyhow but wanted to treat it to extend his time and died waiting for the drugs. Very sad story.

This is quite apropos of the insulin shortage thread and likely for the same reason, corporate greed.

Hard to believe we might need a drug shortage megathread.

Last edited:
But I thought big pharma were the heroes of the covid crisis?! Why would they do this?!
Not a relevant contention, and a fair bit of arrogance to suggest this is directly "big pharma's" fault. Might as well blame the fact that atoms bind into molecules and that every unfortunate circumstance on Earth or elsewhere is the fault of physicists and chemists.

I blame Sun Tzu for this. If this man's cells had not read The Art of War they would not have decided to divide themselves and conquer their host.

Drug shortages have been fairly consistent for 20 plus years (slight spike now). There's a mryaid of production steps from raw materials to distribution. This one could have potentially been avoided had India got its shit together but natural disaster impacted finished US stock.

Shit happens

Drug shortages have been fairly consistent for 20 plus years (slight spike now). There's a mryaid of production steps from raw materials to distribution. This one could have potentially been avoided had India got its shit together but natural disaster impacted finished US stock.

Shit happens
- It's quite common, no?

In covid the lack of Hydroxychloroquine, years ago, my mom got some weeks without Dramin B6. Guys that buy testosterone on pharms always complain of its shortage.

- It's quite common, no?

In covid the lack of Hydroxychloroquine, years ago, my mom got some weeks without Dramin B6. Guys that buy testosterone on pharms always complain of its shortage.

It's not unheard of. There's something 19000 approved medications and about 1.5% of them currently run a shortage. But yeah, usually a .5 to 1.5% shortage rate.

But I thought big pharma were the heroes of the covid crisis?! Why would they do this?!
Platinum drugs are common and generic so anybody can make. Not sure about this case but in general they are used everywhere. Not sure what happened

Back