Man tries to stop car jacking but it goes really wrong.

No material property is worth dying over. Just take the damn car. We have insurance for a reason.

RIP

It is a slippery slope.

Is this one piece of property with dying over? No.

If you let criminals do whatever they want, whenever they want......what will this lead to?

I think it is worth it for people to stand up for themselves. In this specific case...........how in the world did this guy miss?

Just idotic all the way around. Just let them take the stupid truck. None of this is worth killing or dying over.
Have you personally ever killed or dieded?

Then how do you know if its worth it or not?

Maybe you would like it.

I support the right to carry but damn if this isn't an example of why not everyone should. Unless we're missing some context, this was a lose/lose situation for good samaritan guy. Had he shot and killed car jacker guy, he'd be facing murder charges because it doesn't appear to be self-defense.

It is a slippery slope.

If you let criminals do whatever they want, whenever they want......what will this lead to?

I think it is worth it for people to stand up for themselves. In this specific case...........how in the world did this guy miss?
If I have a family, I’d rather come home that night than have my loved ones come to coroners office to identify my body. If you’re a father and have a young family, you would not want them to grow up without a father.

The only thing worth fighting and dying for is the people you love and need to protect. That’s all. I can replace a car, I can’t replace a loved one.

Yes, I do not know how he missed. The criminal clearly targeted that man when he just ran him over. He could’ve taken the car and left but decided to go in reverse and run him down.

Apparently a good Samaritan tried to help a car jacking attack and got himself run over. Was insane as looked like the guy fired like 5 shots from point blank an missed somehow. Hope guy who was hit is somehow okay.m but I doubt it.

Caution : could be very disturbing to some

That was insane

It is a slippery slope.

Agree - was like thst scene from Pulp Fiction where the kid gangsters shoot at Jules an Vinny at 10 feet empty gun an miss both . Even if your not a good shot 2 feet is 2 ft.

Are we sure he missed all the shots? Maybe he did hit the guy, and that's why the guy got mad and ran him down.

The other thing folks seem to be overlooking is that even if he hit carjacker guy (which it doesn't appear he did but not clear from the vid), he probably wouldn't have stopped him. LEO incidents show that handgun rounds are unlikely to immediately stop an assailant and even direct head shots aren't a guarantee. Despite good intentions, this was terrible decision making by good samaritan guy.

This entire sequence of events is confusing. Dude is stealing a car, you cap a few rounds at him and apparently miss, then just stand in the road and while he comes barreling down the street?

Are we sure he missed all the shots? Maybe he did hit the guy, and that's why the guy got mad and ran him down.
He was probably really pissed off. That scumbag POS, with no remorse killing honest people, will now get less crack rocks for his murderous trade in.

It is a slippery slope.

There were multiple witnesses. You stand back and report the theft. The police will arrest him and he will be charged for his crimes.

Shooting him? The thief was unarmed so self defense laws wouldn't have protected him had he shot and killed him.

It went as badly as possible and now he is the one who is dead.

Unless the thief is posing an immediate threat there is zero reason to get involved. That's what the police are for.

There were multiple witnesses. You stand back and report the theft. The police will arrest him and he will be charged for his crimes.

Shooting him? The thief was unarmed so self defense laws wouldn't have protected him had he shot and killed him.

It went as badly as possible and now he is the one who is dead.

Unless the thief is posing an immediate threat there is zero reason to get involved. That's what the police are for.

That's great if that is what happens where you live.

Where I live, police are not allowed to police and the prosecutors do not prosecute.

had to be blanks in the gun, also I hate women screaming like banshees when anything bad happens

Heroicism is when you knowingly put yourself In harm's way to help another. It was a heroic thing for him to do. His only mistake is letting his guard down so fast in a tense situation, especially when the other party is in control of a 7,000 lb vehicle. The dude needed to flee for cover instead of nonchalantly walking

Back