Social Many North American birds bear names with racist roots. That's beginning to change

wow, why does everybody misinterpret Orwell? both the right and the left.
the man was against the way sets of political ideas are implemented. at his time, that set of ideas were implemented by the nazis. then, the communists started doing the same things. why would anyone believe he'd hate when a certain group does it, but would be ok with it when another group does the same things? i'll tell you why - because you're judging him from a football team mentality. our guys vs your guys. if our guys do the same thing that the other guys were doing, ours was justifiable, theirs was criminal. absolute bullshit.
do better.

Ban football.

You guys have to know the clock's ticking on how long this guy's going to hang onto his name.

Pet-Raccoons.png

Times up-now to figure out if trash panda is anti Asian.

As for bird names, the negro finch is fucked and nut hatch is anti lgbtq

alternate names will be George Floyd finch and rainbow sparrow

Darwin was a racist. Why are textbooks still teaching about him? Cancel Darwin!

Sounds like great material for a classic Dave Chappelle sketch.

You know, Orwell really hated you guys.
By you guys, you nene the extreme left that has become identitarian as well as very totalitarian?
Also the dude did go to Spain and had some pretty nasty experiences with the commies there.

You forgot to read your source

as I said. Orwell hates leftist communists.
Which is why they tried to murder him, which made him hate them even more.
Thanks. I was just mentioning this. Everyone should read about the Spanish civil war. Very relevant to the current USA situation
Also it is a god place to trash the commies from. Since they decimated their own ranks. I mean executed people for no reason. Had secret police arrest and torture people for no actual reason. They killed 400 soldiers for retreating from a doomed attack in the battle of Bruete in a single day.
They also screeed over the anarchists, who are suckers imho. They purged them and put 20k them into concentration camps

The eventual inevitable backlash to all of this deconstruction and revisionism is likely to be truly delicious.

This just in! Feminists demand a change of name for the Blue-Footed Booby and Titmouse!

Henceforth they will be known as the Blue-Footed Baby Nourisher and the Proudly Displayed Mammarymouse.......

wow, why does everybody misinterpret Orwell? both the right and the left.
the man was against the way sets of political ideas are implemented. at his time, that set of ideas were implemented by the nazis. then, the communists started doing the same things. why would anyone believe he'd hate when a certain group does it, but would be ok with it when another group does the same things? i'll tell you why - because you're judging him from a football team mentality. our guys vs your guys. if our guys do the same thing that the other guys were doing, ours was justifiable, theirs was criminal. absolute bullshit.
do better.
It's a dumb appeal to authority for either side as well. As if what we see today, or Orwell wrote about, is the exclusive MO of any particular side. Authoritarian fucks will use whatever tools work and the same tools will invariably work on the same species. Us dumb aggro monkeys being the species willing to fall for the same tricks over and over again.

It's the same sleight of hand as people screeching "that's not Marxism" when cultural Marxism gets brought up. Well, no shit Sherlock! That's why it has a prefix denoting it's about methodology not ideology.

I’ll bet my last nigkle those same birds are the ones flying over the racist highways.

Thick billed longspur is a victory? That sounds like the bird has big ass lips.

Penguin is a microaggression to convicts. Snow Walking Tuxedo Fowl is now the preferred name.

Feminists have claimed another one. Chickens will now be known as Feathered Womenens. Chicks will now be Adolescent Feathered Womenens.

Back