Marcelo and Braulio Sparring Session Analysis

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I saw this on MGinA a while back - noticed that it was uploaded to YT a few days ago.

Pretty good stuff

man braulio kinda let me down i became a super brauio nut hugger after his 2009 adcc run good god he was triangleing everyone and hit garcia with a arm triangle from the back lol completely smashedddd garcia and he did good in 2011 too but he wasnt near as aggressive in attacking subs from his guard or his no gi passing i guessing was due to the juice?

I mean this is just one roll of 10.
Some really cool moments from both guys those rolls.

Really good analysis as well from Paul. When I saw the YT notification it was like Christmas.

hi i wanted to post question but i couldnt cuz i am white belt yet i wanted to ask that i had 6 months breake from mma and how do i go back and is 6 months a long time or not?and can i get fast better than before?ty lot bro for help

I love watching marcelo roll with all these other top guys. Its always such high level rolling. Braulio was very impressive in this. He seems to be able to do stuff that only he can do. I always learn a lot by watching these.

The mount Braulio got was impressive, I could feel Marcelo frustration not being able to scape.

The mount Braulio got was impressive, I could feel Marcelo frustration not being able to scape.
Marcelo seems to struggle with longer and athletic guys.

I like that Marcelo is confident enough to show clips when he gets tapped is not worried about cultivating an aura of invincibility.

I like that Marcelo is confident enough to show clips when he gets tapped is not worried about cultivating an aura of invincibility.
To be fair Braulio does a mount that is mechanically impossible to scape as long he is focus on maintaning the position and the person isnt Haftor with 2 years of training.

man braulio kinda let me down i became a super brauio nut hugger after his 2009 adcc run good god he was triangleing everyone and hit garcia with a arm triangle from the back lol completely smashedddd garcia and he did good in 2011 too but he wasnt near as aggressive in attacking subs from his guard or his no gi passing i guessing was due to the juice?
Huh? He snapped his fucking neck and got paralyzed. It’s on tape and it’s disturbing. He’s lucky to be able to roll at all man. Thats the reason he only did a handful of matches after 2010/2011.

Didn't know Schreiner was doing these breakdowns, freaking amazing stuff.

He was jacked as fuck in 2011 and his initial gameplan was to just crush Jacare with strength, he claims he got sick before that match and was trying to sneak by a win.

Exactly, unlike the Mendes bros

Back