Marcus Aurelius sketch

Marko Polo

Thank you Jurgen
@Black
Reaction score
I’m relatively inexperienced but for where I’m at I’m very pleased with how this turned out. Done the eyes a bit too big but hey, that’s part of the game. We win or we learn!

IMG_2521.jpeg

Edit: Thanks to everyone for your kind words of encouragement!

Last edited:
Damn if that's inexperienced I can only imagine how excellent experienced will look. Are you going to try another famous Roman next or another historical figure?

Damn if that's inexperienced I can only imagine how excellent experienced will look. Are you going to try another famous Roman next or another historical figure?

I was thinking about doing a Leonardo Davinci sketch but his super long beard makes it hard to fit him on a page I’ll have to figure it out.

And thanks man. I’m working to get better so it’s great to hear it’s appreciated

🥰

I’m relatively inexperienced but for where I’m at I’m very pleased with how this turned out. Done the eyes a bit too big but hey, that’s part of the game. We win or we learn!

View attachment 1041267

Looks pretty nice, bravo!
Beside eyes you said (wich can be bit fixed without lot effort) only advice i can offer is to put attention on not make hair area look darker (as if was another color) when drawing statues.
I know it's tricky because you have so many more sources of shadows there, but have to play it on the whites keeping them bright as possible and keeping shadows light

this can be your friend if you like that route
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kneaded_eraser

If you want try cool thing, next time try use a middle level color paper (like gray or beige or similar) so you can work using both white and black, results are very powerful even when you still have to develop your skills and have to "add" light rather than use it as the paper base help a lot to learn how it works

Just to give idea of stuff you can do
maxresdefault.jpg

Disegni-Matite-colorate-su-Fogli-con-fondo-acrilico-omogeneo5.jpg

strathmore-toned-gray.jpg

Back