Matt Brown Fighter vs Writer Podcast

Antix

Champion Cheeto Fingers
@Green
Reaction score
Any of you guys been catching the Fighter vs Writer podcast every week? It’s hosted via MMA Fighting and not hugely publicised that well but Matt Brown is talking with MMA journalist Damon Martin about current events but also both swapping old school UFC stories.

I’ve been loving it so far and Matt has stories for days about little snippets through his career or run ins with other fighters etc we wouldn’t otherwise know about.

I’m a big fan of Matt Brown’s anyway so it maybe appeals more to me than your average MMA fan but curious if anyone else is giving this a listen and if you aren’t I recommend it.

Matt Brown always kind of came off as a dick to me. Not really a fan of his personality at all. I always enjoyed his fights and tuned in but that's kind of where it stopped for me as a fan.

Matt Brown came on right in the peak ufc/mma cringe era. He helped write his theme song with some nu-metal band. Hell of a fighter.

Anytime I see or hear of Matt Brown I immediately think of Chris Lytle triangle/straight arm bar finish of him

Is it on Spotify? Ive never heard it but could be good?

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...als-his-picks-for/id320642139?i=1000590726758

That’s where I listen to it not sure about Spotify though.

I will say Damon Martin the hosts voice is kind of irritating after awhile but he is very knowledgable about the history of the sport, old fights etc has clearly been around awhile.

It’s mainly good just to hear more of Matt as other than his pre and post fight interviews he doesn’t appear on podcasts a lot, and he has a ton of stories & knowledge to share as a vet of MMA

Matt Brown always kind of came off as a dick to me. Not really a fan of his personality at all. I always enjoyed his fights and tuned in but that's kind of where it stopped for me as a fan.

Why do you think he comes across as a dick?

I always find he gives his honest opinion on things, doesn’t sugar coat anything and just has an old school mentality when it comes to training regimen, how he carries himself in/out of the cage and he’s always pretty respectful to opponents / media on the whole.

Why do you think he comes across as a dick?

I always find he gives his honest opinion on things, doesn’t sugar coat anything and just has an old school mentality when it comes to training regimen, how he carries himself in/out of the cage and he’s always pretty respectful to opponents / media on the whole.

Honestly, I don't even know why lol. He's always just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not trying to bash the guy or anything, he's just never been my cup of tea.

Is it on Spotify? Ive never heard it but could be good?
Got you doggie

It doesn't have its own podcast page, unlike Ariel's show. It's just tossed in there with the MMA Fighting riff raff pods. I'm going to check it out myself, thanks @Antix

Back