News Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Officially Inducted UFC Hall Of Fame

Prime Shogun was amazing to watch

Shame all his injuries caught with him and was so far out of his prime when he fought in the UFC and yet managed to get the belt

Just shows how great he is

Don't kid yourself. Those couple of fights between the first Griffin fight and the Jones destruction, he looked better than he ever did and he did it against a top fighter in Machida. "sooo far out of his prime in the UFC yet got the belt". Keep deluding yourself.

Crazy Joana and khabib got in before shogun

Carreer journeymen who have never got the belt got inducted. That's most crazy than Joana and Khabib being inducted before shogun. Both had a better UFC carrer than him BTW.

The dude is starting to look like Cain Velasquez in his older years.

It seems the UFC chose to announce it at this event so they could subtly troll Shogun for his numerous embarrassing losses.

The main card was full of fighters who had authored some of Shogun's most humiliating moments.

Getting brutally KO'd by Anthony Smith in what looked like a finishing sequence of a video game:

Tapping to strikes from pillow-fisted Paul Craig:

Getting finished by a regional level fighter who proceeded to dance on Shogun's corpse:

🤡

It seems the UFC chose to announce it at this event so they could subtly troll Shogun for his numerous embarrassing losses.

The main card was full of fighters who had authored some of Shogun's most humiliating moments.

Getting brutally KO'd by Anthony Smith in what looked like a finishing sequence of a video game:

Shogun may have lossed, but at least he has a normal shaped head.
Guys like Smith wouldnt be holding a candle to Shogun in his prime.

Getting finished by a regional level fighter who proceeded to dance on Shogun's corpse:

LMAO at that Michael Jackson celebration as well.
I really wish legends wouldn't fight way past their prime and let these mediocre fighters have their name on their resume.

Very happy for Shogun, legend @Luthien
images

Shogun made me the ripped kitty I am today *>*

LMAO at that Michael Jackson celebration as well.
I really wish legends wouldn't fight way past their prime and let these mediocre fighters have their name on their resume.
We all wish that.

But it's the nature of the game that this will happen more often then it doesn't.

Some fighters don't want to think about life without fighting...even if they have to lose fights.

Look at Shogun how emotional he was watching those career highlights. I'm sure he wants to do that over again.

Whatever it is that kept him alive in that hendo fight...is what makes guys keep going.

UFC and pride kind of combined, they consider overall legacy apart of the ufc hall of fame. Otherwise newer fans or casuals wouldn’t know how a fighter contributed to the sport or any legends. Even in the UFC Shogun had a great career
This. They seem to also consider accomplishments in any of their acquired promotions like Pride, WEC, and Strikeforce. Otherwise, Faber and Wanderlei wouldn’t make any sense based off their UFC accomplishments only.

Shogun was probably my first favorite fighter. Jumped off the bandwagon a long time ago but he’s awesome. He trainy, eaty, sleepy

The fuck you do that for?

Only in it for the good times I see
Im a bandwagoner. I actually only care when they put on good fights and performances lol. Once they fall off the wagon so to speak, is also when I hop off. I was already off by Hendo Shogun 2 lol.

Also as I got better at fighting or just watched more fighting in general, I realized just how slow and sloppy shogun got. Just not a fun style to watch

Im a bandwagoner. I actually only care when they put on good fights and performances lol. Once they fall off the wagon so to speak, is also when I hop off. I was already off by Hendo Shogun 2 lol.

Also as I got better at fighting or just watched more fighting in general, I realized just how slow and sloppy shogun got. Just not a fun style to watch
I mean Shogun absolutley should have retired 10 yrs before he did. No doubt about it.

Ive never been as hardcore shogun fan as others on here,but guys I am,like Fedor...I never jump off that. I stay till the bitter fuckin end. You cant just abandon guys like that. He gave me so much joy in his run on top.

If Fedor came out of retirement right now id be like oh god no...

:: Fedor walks to the ring ::

me: WAR FEDOR GOOD GAWD :: carves War Fedor into arm ::

Pride legend. But, he has 11 wins and 12 losses in the UFC. How is that UFC HOF worthy when he did shit in the UFC? Didn’t even defend his belt.
The ufc also tends to recognize their accomplishments in promotions they’ve bought an owned like pride. Where shogun went 12-1 in what was considered the premier LHw division at the time where he held Grand Prix gold. I think his over all legacy more than warrants it

I mean Shogun absolutley should have retired 10 yrs before he did. No doubt about it.

Ive never been as hardcore shogun fan as others on here,but guys I am,like Fedor...I never jump off that. I stay till the bitter fuckin end. You cant just abandon guys like that. He gave me so much joy in his run on top.

If Fedor came out of retirement right now id be like oh god no...

:: Fedor walks to the ring ::

me: WAR FEDOR GOOD GAWD :: carves War Fedor into arm ::
Hahah bro don’t give me that. It’s super easy to stay a Fedor fan because he always comes to fight. And even in his old age he stayed, fast, powerful, explosive, and aggressive. Kinda like Aldo these dudes are fun to watch cuz they are GOATed. I will always tune in to watch Fedor fight, because you know he’s either knocking the other dude out or getting knocked the fuck out.

Shogun is just not fun to watch and just kind of sad lol. It would be like asking an old school Andre Arlovski fan if they still watch his fights today. The overwhelming majority will say “no” or will half watch half talk to people and go on their phones lmao

Hahah bro don’t give me that. It’s super easy to stay a Fedor fan because he always comes to fight. And even in his old age he stayed, fast, powerful, explosive, and aggressive. Kinda like Aldo these dudes are fun to watch cuz they are GOATed. I will always tune in to watch Fedor fight, because you know he’s either knocking the other dude out or getting knocked the fuck out himself.

Shogun is just not fun to watch lol. It would be like asking an old school Andre Arlovski fan if they still watch his fights today. The overwhelming majority will say “no” or will half watch half talk to people and go on their phones lmao
He absoultey was horrible to watch. But I wouldnt say i aint a fan anymore. I just wish he wouldnt suck as bad. I still love Arlovski even though he isnt fun to watch either. I still root for him. Still glad he keeps getting paid. Im an Arlovski fan. He also justifies his existence far better than Shogun has though,

He absoultey was horrible to watch. But I wouldnt say i aint a fan anymore. I just wish he wouldnt suck as bad. I still love Arlovski even though he isnt fun to watch either. I still root for him. Still glad he keeps getting paid. Im an Arlovski fan. He also justifies his existence far better than Shogun has though,
Hahah. Yeah I’m a fan but I also don’t watch their fights so I guess I’m not a fan. I ride with them as a human being, but not as a fighter loool.

Also why I hopped off the Condit train. I know I’m terrible hahah

Reactions: HHJ
Back