Media Max Flames Topuria "Kinda Un-BMF - Not Very BMF To Say" - UPDATE: Topuria Threatens To Fight Ortega Instead w/o BMF Belt

You need to work on your English comprehension. Nowhere did he say that Topuria wasn’t BMF enough for the title. He simply said that only fighting a person under certain stipulations is not becoming of a BMF. There’s a difference.

Take your own advice.

I didn't say he said that.

I said he was passively suggesting it, aka, not saying it directly.

There is a slight difference. I'm certain if you ask someone, you'll figure it out.

Not only that, it's a sarcastic troll. Get a clue.

The irony of Max claiming the BMF takes on anyone, while at the same time indirectly discrediting a man's qualifications for the fight, is fucking funny.

The rest of the world don't buy PPVs at all considering most of them get it in a package.
I personally have never paid for a PPV because of some drama, but that's just me.

So who do you think makes up the difference between a 700k PPV and a 1 Million buy PPV?

I never said he ducked. I merely paraphrased topuria's own words: “Max, Yair , Brian Ortega, all of them, they can go and retire. I’m never going to give them the chance to fight for the title – never"

What else do you really need to hear?
Funny how the narrative changed to “Ilia was the one who wanted Max all along!”

Delusional idiots just like Ilia.

So who do you think makes up the difference between a 700k PPV and a 1 Million buy PPV?

Fuck, I have a hard time believing any of those numbers, especially with the ESPN deal on.
Id like to know who makes up the difference myself though brother.

I don't get it. What's the reason behind the photo? lol

Regardless, it's a pretend belt made up for people who are not the best fighters, respectively to any division but tick the box as "exciting". It's like going out and buying one off the UFC store.
Just to get a laugh. But buying a trophy and earning one is different, no?

At first glance there's this uneasiness about her, underlined by the assymetry of her mimics, with the viewer sharing that sentiment while looking at her skewed frown and contemptuous eyes. That very feeling of contempt seems to transcend and overwrite that initial uneasiness. I mean, look at her. She's dolled up, her chiseled jawline tells me stories about her above average levels of testosterone, her jewellry is as striking as her bare midriff crop top is endearing. The fact that she was chosen specifically by the cameraman to be shown to the world of violence-loving fight fans speaks volumes. Yet she's still unsatisfied, she chose to be there but she'd rather not be present at that particular moment. Mysterious.
Well written sherbro. Agreed.

I think Max is absolutely right. He is made the BMF value. UFC now has this opportunity to put that belt in every division for the fighters who stand out, accept most challenges. That will motivate them, and even if they are not the champions, their attitude will be well compensated

Max should milk this win. IMO there's bigger fights than Ilia that could line up for him.. like potentially staying healthy incase Chandler gets hurt, or even a fight against the Islam/Dustin winner.

Ilia is a young guy who just won the belt, and at this stage Max, Justin, Dustin, Conor, and even Chandler are legends. Islam is a much bigger fight than Topuria.

Out of all the possibilities for Max, going back down to FW to fight this guy for a belt he's already won and defended multiple times.. I dunno that doesn't seem like the best move but what do I know. I think if I were in Holloway's shoes I would wait and see how these fights play out and see what comes of it. Maybe shoot for a fight late this year and let Topuria and Volk rematch.

LOL

You can't say he ducked Max when he went and fucked up the guy who beat Max 3 times and lost none. He also beat two top ten guys to get the title shot.

Tell ya boy Max to put up the BMF belt for which Topuria is the rightful owner as when Topuria hits people they literally don't move.
Justin didn’t move after Max starched him.

He's 100% right

to my sherdogee's that will ride Max's coat tail till his execution by Topuria: God won't shame you either.
Im fairly confident Holloway is a bad matchup for Topuria, but the fight should happen at 155lbs so the FW and BMF (LW) belts dont get unified whoever wins, its not like Topuria is a boring point fighter, but once he has it unified then some LnP decisionator could take them from him, shouldnt work that way.

Take your own advice.

I didn't say he said that.

I said he was passively suggesting it, aka, not saying it directly.

There is a slight difference. I'm certain if you ask someone, you'll figure it out.

Not only that, it's a sarcastic troll. Get a clue.

The irony of Max claiming the BMF takes on anyone, while at the same time indirectly discrediting a man's qualifications for the fight, is fucking funny.
It’s not ironic. There’s clearly one that’s worse than the other. Max Holloway wants to fight Topuria, and has stated as much since before Topuria won the title against Volkanovski.
The first thing out of Topuria’s mouth since winning the title is that he’s not giving any of the top contenders title shots (name dropping Holloway specifically and a few others), and that he wants O’Malley and McGregor. If Max hasn’t done enough, what have they done? Now Max has to have a BMF title to qualify too? We have to be fair across the board and call a spade a spade. It’s a clear attempt at ducking.
Since we’re speculating, let’s speculate on how badly Topuria was praying for Gaethje to win in the crowd last weekend?

Max should milk this win. IMO there's bigger fights than Ilia that could line up for him.. like potentially staying healthy incase Chandler gets hurt, or even a fight against the Islam/Dustin winner.

Ilia is a young guy who just won the belt, and at this stage Max, Justin, Dustin, Conor, and even Chandler are legends. Islam is a much bigger fight than Topuria.

Out of all the possibilities for Max, going back down to FW to fight this guy for a belt he's already won and defended multiple times.. I dunno that doesn't seem like the best move but what do I know. I think if I were in Holloway's shoes I would wait and see how these fights play out and see what comes of it. Maybe shoot for a fight late this year and let Topuria and Volk rematch.
This seems to be where Max is mentally. I get the impression his fans want the fight more than he does. Not that he doesn’t want it, but that he doesn’t have the energy this late in his career to go chasing after a guy who clearly doesn’t want to sign to fight him. As we’ve seen time and time again, that’s a good way to waste time on the backend of one’s career.
LW has way more fresh match ups, against fighters just as popular as Topuria if not more so. And if he beats Topuria, he’s just fighting a bunch of guys he already beat in the division for title defenses.

I don't get it. What's the reason behind the photo? lol

Regardless, it's a pretend belt made up for people who are not the best fighters, respectively to any division but tick the box as "exciting". It's like going out and buying one off the UFC store.
It's true that it's a pretend belt, but if anyone encapsulates "BMF" in a combat sport it's Max Holloway a well deserved recognition comes from it.

We all know the BMF belt is just a one fight type deal. No one has ever won it off of someone. Using a pretend belt as an excuse not to fight somebody is much worse than being awarded it.

0 title defenses & Top declared that no FW deserved to fight him, he gave a speech about none of the old guard deserving to fight him, its time for the new gen. BUT when they asked him about the top new gen FW, Evloev, Top shot it down & said he didn't deserve it either. Here Top claims he doesn't fight for money yet the only fight he wanted after beating Volk was Conor, LOL. You need to get some more title defenses before you act like you run the UFC

Anyone that fights the BMF belt holder... does not get to fight for that belt. You have to be a proven BMF who has been through the trenches & proved your worthiness to teh Just Bleed Gods. The UFC alone should determine that based on an obvious general concensus among fans. Not even the current belt holder should be able to call who gets the honor of fighting for it. If a non-BMFer wins it, then it means nothing.

Topuria hasn't earned that right. Volk however has.

I like Topuria's attitude as the champ, not taking any shit and putting people in their place.

Back