Max Holloway is Now Responsible for Four of the Crazier/Memorable Things I've Seen in a Fight.

Max's career in MMA is long and storied to this point. He's thirty three fights deep at 32 years old and the author of four of (not the) most memorable, possibly crazier moments in Mixed Martial Arts.

1.) Max pointing to the ground and throwing down against Ricardo Lamas in 2016.

2.) His mid-fight, fight lesson on how to block punches against Brian Ortega in 2018.

3.) Having a full blown conversation with commentary and then slipping five punches while looking away after landing his own no look punch before it.

4.) With a comfortable lead, points to the ground to engage with Gaethje in warfare possibly risking his win by allowing Justin a shot at a hail mary with ten seconds left, finishing him with one on the clock.

How can you not like Max? Champion or not, this guy was involved in title fights for 1,500 straight days and is not only a great fighter, but probably a better person.

After all smoke cleared last night Max was continuously giving Gaethje props for giving him the opportunity; telling Okamoto that this was the second biggest moment of his career and the first was beating 'the King of Rio' Jose Aldo in Rio since Aldo meant so much to him; that Volkanovski deserves a rematch before he fights Ilia; and that he cant judge Topuria on his post fight KO reaction as he doesn't know him. Max is an all time good guy and an all time bad ass. Glad he got that $600K.

If you don't appreciate Max to some degree...

7e62e38763bbac919f7f523d52ecf96b.gif

'Don't put limits on me'

#Blessed

Oh man your new avatar. LOL.

I love Gaethje but that was a brutal walk-off KO. Justin's bloody face left a trail on his right knee. I hope he's OK and won't suffer any ill long-term effects.

I had to pay respect to a JBG legend in Gaethje. He sacrificed for us. I updated it by the way.

I had to pay respect to a JBG legend in Gaethje. He sacrificed for us. I updated it by the way.
I love Justin Gaethje.
He is my favorite fighter.

Justin is a warrior and Max blessed him with a warrior's demise.
He went down swinging.
Literally fought to the last second.

I do sincerely hope Justin's health is intact and that he takes the appropriate time to recover including a LONG break from contact and sparring.

If that is the end of the line for Justin, well what a blaze of glory to go out on.

Much respect to both men.
They put it on the line and gave us a phenomenal show that we will never forget.

Last edited:
Max's career in MMA is long and storied to this point. He's thirty three fights deep at 32 years old and the author of four of (not the) most memorable, possibly crazier moments in Mixed Martial Arts.

1.) Max pointing to the ground and throwing down against Ricardo Lamas in 2016.

2.) His mid-fight, fight lesson on how to block punches against Brian Ortega in 2018.

3.) Having a full blown conversation with commentary and then slipping five punches while looking away after landing his own no look punch before it.

4.) With a comfortable lead, points to the ground to engage with Gaethje in warfare possibly risking his win by allowing Justin a shot at a hail mary with ten seconds left, finishing him with one on the clock.

How can you not like Max? Champion or not, this guy was involved in title fights for 1,500 straight days and is not only a great fighter, but probably a better person.

After all smoke cleared last night Max was continuously giving Gaethje props for giving him the opportunity; telling Okamoto that this was the second biggest moment of his career and the first was beating 'the King of Rio' Jose Aldo in Rio since Aldo meant so much to him; that Volkanovski deserves a rematch before he fights Ilia; and that he cant judge Topuria on his post fight KO reaction as he doesn't know him. Max is an all time good guy and an all time bad ass. Glad he got that $600K.

If you don't appreciate Max to some degree...

7e62e38763bbac919f7f523d52ecf96b.gif

He's basically an active Hall of Famer at this point. Perfect this moment came at UFC 300.

BMF gonna BMF goddamn

Max showed the fuck up and made even all his doubters (including myself) to drop their jaw in absolute awe

Guy is a fucking blessing to fight fans

We almost don’t deserve this warrior

“If the score cards were flipped, Justin would have given me that 10sec”

“If the score cards were flipped, Justin would have given me that 10sec”

Perfectly put. Max respects the hell out of Gaethje. He knows Justin didn't have to give him this opportunity and could have possibly waited for a title shot. Justin gave him the chance at that moment as well.

I’m sure someone somewhere will find a reason not to, but if you’re a member of this forum and a fight fan, how can you possibly not be a Max fan ?

Justin as well. A lot of fighters with the broken nose and an eye poke to each eye would have folded not long thereafter. Not only did he basically make it to the end ( not withstanding the last 10 secs of madness ), he was also not just a punching bag and got his leg kicks and some decent pot shots in

Both these guys are true BMFs.

How can you not appreciate 3?

His no-look crushing right on Kattar while talking to the commentators, then slipping all 6 return shots from Calvin cleanly, was just epic.
If you watch in slow motion a couple of the punches connect and he looks very briefly at the "no look" punch. I never really got the hype of this, personally. Other people could do this too, but it's very risky and why would you?

If you watch in slow motion a couple of the punches connect and he looks very briefly at the "no look" punch. I never really got the hype of this, personally. Other people could do this too, but it's very risky and why would you?
You don't get the hype around something exciting even if you can notice a couple minor blemishes during a slow-mo?

I'm not trying to be a dick so I have a question. What would you consider to be a better moment than that in Max's career if that isn't included?

You don't get the hype around something exciting even if you can notice a couple minor blemishes during a slow-mo?

I'm not trying to be a dick so I have a question. What would you consider to be a better moment than that in Max's career if that isn't included?
I'd say last night was a genuine badass moment.

I'd say last night was a genuine badass moment.
Indeed it was my favorite but OP included it as his top 4 so I was curious what you would replace the Kattar one with.

Maybe his domination of Aldo?

Back