Media Max Holloway Says He Wants THESE 3 Fights In Order Next On JRE Podcast And..

Win or lose any of these fights, Max won't be around forever. Just appreciate the the wars he's been a part of; the entertainment he's given us; the epic moments he's created; and the person he is outside of the cage.

Lol at saying nobody stands a chance for a guy who just won the title and hasn't fought any contenders.

Well he just smeshed Volk and Volk dominated the division for years including multiple wins over Max who dominated the division outside of Volk, for years.

Ilia hasn't defended but they eye test says he can hang with the top tier guys.

Well he just smeshed Volk and Volk dominated the division for years including multiple wins over Max who dominated the division outside of Volk, for years.

Crazy to see a 2021 member cite MMA Math when we all know it doesn't work like that.

Chandler ate Gaethje & Poirier's best shots & never got put out. Poirier hurt him badly at the end of round 1 but couldn't put him away. Conor will be dangerous in theory but I have no idea after 3 more years of surgeries & coke binges.

Stylistically the old Conor would have won this fight, and that's what's going to be most sad for his biggest supporters. He's a live dog in round 1 & will probably land some shots but I think Chandler will chew up his leg & wrestle him early. Late rd 1 or round 2 tko.

Wouldn't mind seeing Conor win again though, because I know they UFC won't be putting him in a title fight with only 1 fighters on his deal. I'm excited for his return, could be his last.
Good point. Chandler gets hit often and has been rocked but he is tough to put away.

I can't see Conor one shotting him and Chandler has sufficient defense and recovery.
Probably Chandlers fight to lose.

Hang? Sure. Be a dominant champ? Well he's gotta prove that. Fighter A beating fighter B doesn't mean they can beat all the fighters fighter B fought. Especially when fighter B was 35 and coming off a recent KO loss.

Featherweight has been extremely spoiled, it's rare to have multiple dominant champions come right after each other. Featherweight had Aldo, Max, and Volk right after each other.

I really hope Max stays at 155 instead. Going up in weight then coming back down rarely works out well, as evidenced by Chris Byrd and Roy Jones years ago.

Max looked like a fucking beast in his 2nd fight at 155, he could clean out most of the division.

Max should ride out his career at LW.

Ilia buries him at FW.

I get that conor is a showman and all that jazz. But whenever a fighter calls him out, its literally screaming to everyone, gimme the payday and I'm out. It's been 3 yrs since he's fought and he got killed twice too.
He didn't get killed in his last fight. He had a freak injury. It was a doctor stoppage.

If I were managing Max I’d stick at LW and try and slide his way into a title shot or another money fight for the BMF.
I know he wants that belt back but cutting back down to 145 after taking the time to bulk properly to LW sounds like a bad idea. But say he loses to Topuria…than fights 2 & 3 are gonna be hard to sell.

Back