Max Should Be the Number 2 Ranked Lightweight Right Now, Right?

top contender in featherweight or lightweight? i think they are guys in front of him for sure in the lightweight division. but in featherweight, nobody has an answer left for ilia beyond a volk rematch and max. aljo is a couple matches away from that opportunity too, a victory over yair would probably seal the deal for a title shot for him

Max shouldn't be a top contender for knocking out Justin. Makes no sense. It was a one off fight where anything could happen and styles make fights. That automatically makes him top #5 in LW? No.

Max shouldn't be a top contender for knocking out Justin. Makes no sense. It was a one off fight where anything could happen and styles make fights. That automatically makes him top #5 in LW? No.
if you are talking about LW? sure, i don't care for his ranking much in it. i do think they are too many people in front of him in line for title contention unless he fights olives or something.

Ranking wise and skill wise it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to put Max at #2. Gaethje obviously should have been lower before, and should be much lower now with Max just ahead of him.
Why should Justin "obviously" have been lower before?

Lol, khamzat Beats a WW and get a top 10 in MW.
Max Beats the top 3 of LW and becomes #9 ?
That dosen't make any Sense lol.

I always tougth context dosen't master, If you beat the Guy, you snap his rank.

Styles make fights... just because you knocked out a top contender doesn't make you a top contender.

At least that's what Wax Holloway fans said about Max's chances against Topuria even though Topuria knocked out someone he couldn't even get a W against after trying 3 times.
He didn't just knock him out he won every single round how does that not make him a contender

Lol, khamzat Beats a WW and get a top 10 in MW.
Max Beats the top 3 of LW and becomes #9 ?
That dosen't make any Sense lol.

I always tougth context dosen't master, If you beat the Guy, you snap his rank.
Politics def involve in these kinda scenarios. Prob figured max would lose and didnt have a plan for him or want him near a title shot regardless. They wanted him to stay in his BMF lane or got back down to 145

What the heck is this list, the person(s) who made this must not watch MMA. Am I crazy or should Max not be ranked #2 right now and not #9? Gaethje could easily have challenged Islam for the belt if not Dustin, he was right at the top. Realistically Max should only be behind Arman, even if you put Dustin ahead of him he still should ranked at least #3.
The only reasonable excuse I've heard is that, because placements are based on an average, some rankers didn't even bother putting him at lightweight, since he'll continue competing at featherweight.

This rings a little hollow to me when Jessica Andrade has fought her last 4 fights at strawweight, and will probably be booked there in her next, and yet she's still #5 at flyweight

Ranking should be as follows
1. Islam
2. Arman
3. Olives
4. Max
5. Gaethje
6. DP

But also it doesn't matter because Max is going back to FW. Don't know if it's the right choice he looked much better physically at LW if he continues to put on muscle/size he might have something for Islam.

Yes, I'm saying he isn't. Rank #9 is where he belongs.

If styles make fights and Topuria knocking out Volk has no bearing on the results of his fight with Max (like Wax Holloway fans claim) then Max shouldn't be a top contender after knocking out Justin.

Guessing you are buttmad about max easily destroying aldo on multiple occasions. You have to let the hate go.

What the heck is this list, the person(s) who made this must not watch MMA. Am I crazy or should Max not be ranked #2 right now and not #9? Gaethje could easily have challenged Islam for the belt if not Dustin, he was right at the top. Realistically Max should only be behind Arman, even if you put Dustin ahead of him he still should ranked at least #3.
Think of it like this. If an NFL team is 15-0 and they play a team that was 0-15 in the final game of the season does that team take their playoff spot? Of course not. Max winning 1 fight at LW doesn't mean he deserves to take Gathje's ranking. That kind of thinking leads to rank squatting as there is no reason to fight anyone ranked much below you. Fighters slowly build up to get their ranking. One fight should not catapult a non ranked fighter into a title shot or top ranking.

Poirier is now in the top 10 of the lw division after beating BSD.

MMA math does not compute. One win at LW, while a big one , he has one loss as well. Justin should drop and Max should be somewhere in top 10 , kind of arbitrary. Arman is top contender now.

Ranking wise and skill wise it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to put Max at #2. Gaethje obviously should have been lower before, and should be much lower now with Max just ahead of him.

Why should Gaethje have been lower before? He was coming off knocking out Poirier and a win over Fiziev. Who would you have above him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back