• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maxwell's Diet Log

MaxwellB

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm kind of a n00b to the whole nutrition thing, but I am trying to make it a lifestyle to get myself into better shape. I was active in sports throughout high school. I have always been big and tall, so I ate whatever I wanted. The activity levels kept me in somewhat acceptable shape, though. Once high school ended and I got to college, I pretty much stopped working out/exercising as a whole and just ate whatever I wanted. I am trying to change that. I feel pretty bad for my girlfriend, who I have been dating for almost a year and a half, because I know I can be in much better shape than I am. I dedicated myself to dieting at the beginning of the semester. I knew that for me, the key would be babysteps, as if I try to go full-on into something, it rarely works. So I began walking three days a week while dieting, then jogging, and now running + pickup basketball (it reminds me why I loved it in high school) and light lifting.

I thought that this thread would help keep me further in check with my diet plan. I didn't get to weigh-in this week, but last week, I was at 295. Since the beginning of the semester (a little over two months ago), I have dropped 23 pounds. Let's hope it continues on that way. I am calorie counting, but also trying to fill my diet with protein, fruits, and vegetables, which were severely lacking pre-diet. I try to do 1800 calories on work-out days, and 1500 on inactive days. Let me know your thoughts along the way, as well as any pointers you may have.

Monday-

Breakfast:
-Fiber One Chocolate Bar- 90
Lunch/PWO:
-Salad- 110
-Peanut Butter and Celery- 315
-Apple- 80
Snack:
-Reduced Calorie Tropical Naked Juice- 200
Dinner:
-Two Servings Lentil and Spinach Soup- 160
-Salad- 110
-Grilled Cheese Sandwich- 300

TOTAL= 1,375 + 1 Mile Run and Lifting

I didn't quite get as many calories as I would have liked, but I don't feel like eating anything else at the moment. It sucks being on campus because there is rarely meat here that isn't covered in some kind of awful sauce. I'm going to stock up on chicken breast tomorrow, though, and I should be good to go. Tomorrow is going to be busy, so it likely won't be an activity day. I'm crammed with classes and work, and then I am reading poetry (yes, I write poetry) in Chicago at night, so I probably won't make the time to exercise.

Tuesday-
Breakfast:
-Turkey, Provolone, and Lettuce- 190
Lunch:
-Kellog Chocolate Chip Bar- 120
Dinner:
-Protein-wich (2 cheeseburger patties, one chicken breast on bun)- 788
-1/2 Strawberry Banana Naked Juice- 130
Snack:
-Peanuts- 260

TOTAL= 1,488

Just about on the button today. However, severely lacking in veggies. Tomorrow I am playing basketball and lifting first thing in the morning, so it will be an active day.

Wednesday-
Breakfast:
-1/2 Strawberry Banana Naked Juice- 130
Lunch:
-Tuna Sandwich- 320
-Salad- 110
-Apple- 80
-Vanilla Yogurt with grapes and oats- 200
Dinner:
-Popcorn Chicken Salad with Ranch- 440
PWO:
-Beef Jerky- 70

TOTAL= 1,410 + 1 Mile Run and Lifting

I'm fairly pleased with how I ate today. Solid amount of fruits and veggies, could have used more protein, though. I planned on working out in the morning, but I felt like crap all day. After my night class I felt good, though, so I decided better late than never. I went on a mile run in the snow. I felt like an overweight, pastier version of Rocky. Then I hit the gym with my roommate (who is in really, really good shape, which helps me stay on track) and did some lifting. I think that because of my healthy diet (this the first time I have ever had one) and exercise patterns that I am nearing the best cardiovascular shape I have ever been in. Strength-wise, I am still pretty far away from that. It gives me something to work toward. Thanks to everyone who continues to read this, and feel free to chime in with anything you wish!

Thursday-
Breakfast:
-Special K Chocolate Chip Bar- 90
Lunch:
-Berry Blast Naked Juice- 260
Dinner:
-Gene and Jude

I didn't log the last two days, but my diet was not great. Cal count was fine, but WHAT I was eating was not good. I'm down to 292 now, though, so I'm somewhat back on track after the week before this one was a disaster. Time to get back on the horse.

Monday-
Breakfast:
-Small Banana- 75
PWO/Lunch:
-Kellog

Tuesday-
Breakfast:
-1/2 Pomegranate Blueberry Naked Juice- 150
Lunch:
-2 Chicken, potato, and broccoli bowls- 580
-Salad- 110
Snack:
-Ham, Cheddar, and Lettuce- 190
Dinner:
-Chicken Breast- 188
-Yogurt- 80
Snack:
-Almonds- 200

TOTAL = 1,495

I'm very content with how I ate today. The chicken, potato, and broccoli bowl was awesome. I wish our school had healthy lunches like that more often. Anyway, tomorrow will be an active day. I am going to try and run 1 1/2 miles, but if my legs are not feeling it, I'll stop at 1. I also get to go to the McDonald's All American game tomorrow, which I am pumped for. Hopefully I can refrain from eating there and keep my diet clean and under 1800.

Wednesday-
Breakfast:
-Vanilla Special K Bar- 90
-1/2 Pomegranate Berry Naked Juice- 150
PWO:
-Beef Jerky- 70
Lunch:
-Maki Combination Sushi- 380
-Yogurt- 80
Dinner:
-Ham, Cheese, and Cheddar- 190
-Almonds- 200
Snack:
-Fries with Parmesan- 650?

Total = 1810 +_1 1/2 mile run and Lifting

Good day up until the fries with parm. Mile and a Half run felt awesome, though, as did lifting.

Friday-
Breakfast:
-Fiber One Chocolate Bar- 90
Lunch:
-Chicken Noodle Soup- 180
-Orange Mango- 260
Dinner:
-Salad- 110
-Tilapia and Rice- 220
-Burger and Fries- 540
Snack:
-Pomegranate Acai Naked Juice- 320
-Beef Jerky- 70

TOTAL = 1,795 + exercise

Did a lot of basic workout stuff, ala push ups, sit ups, etc. Weigh-in today.

Hey Man You gotta Take in More Protein an You gotta eat Carbs for Breakfast an Lunch an then cutout Starchy Carbs( Bread,rice,potatoes,an so on) Eat Fiborous Carbs Basically Veggies an Try to Have a Snack inbetween bfast an lunch an lunch an dinner helps keep the metabolism going, An I wouldnt worry alot about the sauces that are on the meats Meat has Protein which your Body needs to Burn Fat an Build Muscle if you can fit it into your Budget Buy some Whey Protein an drink a Shake with ur Bfast an drink shakes in between meals as a snack This will Help Trust me

Hey Man You gotta Take in More Protein an You gotta eat Carbs for Breakfast an Lunch an then cutout Starchy Carbs( Bread,rice,potatoes,an so on) Eat Fiborous Carbs Basically Veggies an Try to Have a Snack inbetween bfast an lunch an lunch an dinner helps keep the metabolism going, An I wouldnt worry alot about the sauces that are on the meats Meat has Protein which your Body needs to Burn Fat an Build Muscle if you can fit it into your Budget Buy some Whey Protein an drink a Shake with ur Bfast an drink shakes in between meals as a snack This will Help Trust me

Ignore all of what he mentioned and keep doing what works for your goals and life style.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I weighed in today at 288, so I lost 4 pounds.

Monday-
Breakfast:
-Vanilla Special K bar- 90
PWO:
-1/2 Scoop Whey w/ water- 55
-Beef Jerky- 70
-Berry Blast Naked Juice- 260
Lunch:
-Hot dog- 260
Dinner:
-Spinach and Lentil Soup- 80
-Sheppard

Tuesday:
Breakfast:
-Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar- 130
-Coconut Water- 60
Lunch:
-Hot Dog- 260
-Naked Juice OJ- 110
Dinner:
-Popcorn Chicken Salad- 460
-1 Scoop Whey Protein w/ water- 110
Snack:
-Baked Lays Chips- 130
-Beef Jerky- 70

TOTAL = 1,390

Wednesday-
Breakfast:
-Special K Chocolate Drizzle Bar- 90
-1/2 Naked Juice OJ- 110
Lunch:
-Popcorn Chicken Salad- 460
PWO:
-1 Scoop Whey Protein w/ Water- 110
Dinner:
-Chicken Breast- 188
-Beef Jerky- 70
-1/2 Blue Machine Naked Juice- 170
Snack
-1 Scoop Whey Protein w/ Water- 110

TOTAL= 1,398 + 1 Mile Run, Lifting, and Grappling

Thursday:
Brunch:
-Maki Combination Sushi- 380
Snack:
-Veggie Burger- 260
Dinner:
-2 Pieces of Lasagna- 800
-Grapefruit Juice- 70

TOTAL= 1,510

Monday-
Breakfast:
-Chocolate Chip Kellogs Bar- 130
Lunch:
-Ham and Cheddar on Rye- 330
-Apple- 80
PWO:
-1 Scoop Whey w/ Water- 110
-Beef Jerky- 70
Dinner:
-Salad- 110
-Chicken Gyros Pita- 370
-2 Bananas- 210
Snack:
-Almonds- 200

TOTAL = 1,610 + 2 mile run

Goodluck Maxwell!!!!
I'm keeping up with this.
How much have you lost since your last weigh in?

Back