News Maycee Barber vs Rose Namajunas set for main event on July 13th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Interesting fight, though i wish it was a co-main on a return to Denver after Rose's last few performances..

We just had a Lewis main event, after he lost 4 of his last 5.
Why would Fiorot need to take another fight, she's already done more than literally anyone who has fought for the flyweight title.
Did more than anyone, except take the title fight when offered.
Even if Maycee wins this fight, she's STILL at least 1 fight behind Manon, walking in her footsteps
Depends. If she finishes Rose? Manon only Decisioned her.
Never bet on a rose fight lol. She's incredibly unpredictable. That's both her blessing and her curse. Sometimes she'll head kick ko a dominant fighter everyone thought was unbeatable. Sometimes she'll do literally nothing for 25 minutrs
True. Rose fights area bookmaker’s dream

Did more than anyone, except take the title fight when offered.

Depends. If she finishes Rose? Manon only Decisioned her.
Except there's also advantage to being the first one of two people with the same win AND Manon had beaten Erin since too. So yeah, Barb is still well behind.

Also she was injured, so she really couldn't take it. And has won two stay-busy fights as the top contender, as discussed, which makes the criticism of "not doing more" pretty empty

maycee is the hottest female fighter on the roster. i'd watch her even if she was complete crap lol. the ufc knows that sex appeal trumps how good a fighter is when it comes to females.
Really, guy?

Except there's also advantage to being the first one of two people with the same win AND Manon had beaten Erin since too. So yeah, Barb is still well behind.

Also she was injured, so she really couldn't take it. And has won two stay-busy fights as the top contender, as discussed, which makes the criticism of "not doing more" pretty empty
MMA is all about “what have you done for me lately.” A finish over Rose is a bigger headline maker than boring decisions, which is all Fiorot has produced since beating short notice strawweight Ricci several years ago.

Best version of Rose beats Maycee every easily. Maycee has no foot work, her striking and wrestling aren't really there either. She is just female Chris Leben with a worse ground game.

The issue is that Rose fights to her opponent's level. I expect her to coast easily with just jabbing. Knowing how Rose is; I wouldn't be surprised if she gets pinned against the wall and stays there.

Maycee Barber via controversial split decision.

As the boos reign down during the post-fight interview, she thinks of something silly to say to make people like her even less.

"The air in her general vicinity is gonna be sore tomorrow baby!! Yeah. Oh yeah."

<GrassoBless>

Best version of Rose beats Maycee every easily. Maycee has no foot work, her striking and wrestling aren't really there either. She is just female Chris Leben with a worse ground game.

The issue is that Rose fights to her opponent's level. I expect her to coast easily with just jabbing. Knowing how Rose is; I wouldn't be surprised if she gets pinned against the wall and stays there.
Psycho mode-about-to-beat-a-Karen-Maycee makes my pee pee happy.

ill be finished after maycees walkout. lol FUG ROWS.

Game plan for Rose Namajunas:

1. Get away from Pat Barry
2. Stop fighting down to uninteresting opponents
3. Get away from Pat Barry
4. Start training with Wittman again
5. Seriously, get as far away as possible from Pat Barry

Have you seen her when she's just normal? She's pretty goof looking when she's outside the octagon
Pretty goof looking indeed

maycee-barber-says-she-is-hoping-to-fight-in-early-2024-v0-0pubBLefDaTR33AbbABK0Za5-xK51Uhwzgi6ht_91bo.png

Main event

<36>

In 2024

{<jordan}
I genuinely like Rose but still a little shocked. Her last 3 fights have been pretty dull 2 of which main events (one of which was arguably the worst WMMA fight of all time against Carla).

We just had a Lewis main event, after he lost 4 of his last 5.
I think he's talking about main event in terms of excitement/hype, not record. Roses last 3 fights have been pretty boring, one of which was arguably the worst WMMA fight of all time.

Lewis is the opposite of that, 9 out of his last 10 fights have been either him finishing someone or getting finished himself. Real easy to sell excitement even with his so-so record (he also doesn't have the personality of a can of tuna like Rose)

Marcy Barber is basically a mid-tier fighter in the bottom of the barrel UFC division. Like I said before, if Rose lays another egg and manages to lose to this low level DWCS McDojo graduate, she needs to lay down the gloves immediately and file for divorce.

Rose is no longer in her prime. Barber is no longer a novice. They are both unpredictable from fight to fight. Some of you are comparing them from how they fought a few years ago. That's not applicable any more.

Back