Maycee Barber

The scale subs Dern if she keeps up her IGing on the beach and buffet eating habits.
She can easily make weight via stripping to a towel and having someone hold her boobs.

She can easily make weight via stripping to a towel and having someone hold her boobs.

That sounds ppv worthy in the WMA era.
Dana make it... happen!

I don't think you need an iron chin to not get KOed at 115. People that size just don't have the strength to put someone away.
Never really understood this mentality. The other girl is the same size too so why couldn't they put eachother away?

Also being a fairly small guy myself who has KOed many guys over 200 pounds with 10oz Boxing gloves on because they thought despite not actually being able to BoxBthere size alone would guarantee victory. That theory never worked out to well, lol.

It only takes 12 pounds of pressure to the chin to knock someone out, really not that hard especially if they don't see the punch coming. Takes even less effort to destroy someone who has never been in a fight out side of a drunken sloppy bar fight with a liver or solarplex shot.

Size means nothing if you don't know how to use it.

Never really understood this mentality. The other girl is the same size too so why couldn't they put eachother away?

Also being a fairly small guy myself who has KOed many guys over 200 pounds with 10oz Boxing gloves on because they thought despite not actually being able to BoxBthere size alone would guarantee victory. That theory never worked out to well, lol.

It only takes 12 pounds of pressure to the chin to knock someone out, really not that hard especially if they don't see the punch coming. Takes even less effort to destroy someone who has never been in a fight out side of a drunken sloppy bar fight with a liver or solarplex shot.

Size means nothing if you don't know how to use it.
Proper weight shift technique = homerun power.

Most interesting WMMA fight i've seen in a while. And she's hot. She could be the star that WMMA needs.
A little rough on the mic, but the skill and personality are there. She could rocket into fame if she puts a nice streak together.

Most interesting WMMA fight i've seen in a while. And she's hot. She could be the star that WMMA needs.

I agree, granted I was pretty stoned when I watched the fight but I really enjoyed it. Also got the star vibes from her, wmma sorely needs a new star.

Dern and Barber are both fun prospects. But, they should both avoid Tatiana Suarez. She will beat everybody at 115.

Dern and Barber are both fun prospects. But, they should both avoid Tatiana Suarez. She will beat everybody at 115.

I don’t get that. Dern has better striking than Suarez and would sub her when it hit the ground.

Gadelha and Andrade kill barber and maybe Dern though.

I don’t get that. Dern has better striking than Suarez and would sub her when it hit the ground.

Gadelha and Andrade kill barber and maybe Dern though.
She has better striking based on what? One overhand right? Watch her first fight vs Yoder. Her striking looked as if she just learned it the previous night - it was horrible. They both don't have really good striking, but at least Suarez doesn't look completely lost doing it.

But really, what is stopping Suarez holding Dern against the cage for the whole fight? There is no question as to who is the better wrestler here, and Suarez is the one who dictates if this hits the ground or not. I also have no doubt that Suarez can survive in Dern's guard and control/elbow her there.

She's in my spank bank now.

maycee-barber-jaime-colleen-dwcs-13.jpg

She has better striking based on what? One overhand right? Watch her first fight vs Yoder. Her striking looked as if she just learned it the previous night - it was horrible. They both don't have really good striking, but at least Suarez doesn't look completely lost doing it.

But really, what is stopping Suarez holding Dern against the cage for the whole fight? There is no question as to who is the better wrestler here, and Suarez is the one who dictates if this hits the ground or not. I also have no doubt that Suarez can survive in Dern's guard and control/elbow her there.

Dern has like three knockdowns in three different fights. She hits way harder and lands way more. Suarez on the other hand looks completely lost striking.

As for holding Dern against the fence, the ref would either break it up or Dern could just pull guard and sub Suarez off her back. Dern has the best grappling for wmma since Ronda Rousey.

As I said, Dern beats her standing and on the ground. Whether she beats the scale though is another matter.

size difference was noticeable.

Smaller gal could never really get her range.

Was she really impressive against the undersized opponent though? The smaller girl was in there the whole fight. What did y’all watch?

The scale subs Dern if she keeps up her IGing on the beach and buffet eating habits.
OH Dern WILL keep up her overeating habits because fundamentally she doesn't really care too much about MMA. Doesn't like training, not much cardio and just leans hard on her BJJ.

I missed this fight. Was it worth the watch?

Back