Social meaning of life

Well I realized I was crazy and didn't believe in god, which was everyone's answer to everything growing up, by the time I was 8. And I'm almost 40 now.

So yeah been on this path a minute now.

I realized one day when I was about 8, walking home, that my imagination was different from other peoples imaginations. And that in their mind I might even look very different from what I see myself as. I called it tentacles of importance, like different tentacles of importance make people see each other differently; and when I tried to express this to a girl I liked, she never talked to me again, lol

I realized one day when I was about 8, walking home, that my imagination was different from other peoples imaginations. And that in their mind I might even look very different from what I see myself as. I called it tentacles of importance, like different tentacles of importance make people see each other differently; and when I tried to express this to a girl I liked, she never talked to me again, lol
tenacles of importance !!! LOL

love it

fucking best answer for meaning of life is tentacles of importance for me now tentacles down not even close

I think finding things that bring you happiness is the first step
What about when nothing makes you feel happy, or even feel anything for the most part. What then?

most simply put is whatever you are doing that prevents you from killing yourself

agree/disagree?

what is the meaning of life in your opinion? or in other words what prevents you from killing yourself?
There is no meaning to life, except the meaning you give it.
In the grand scheme of things, there is no meaning because the universe is not sentient.

Lets not do anything dramatic here
Eh I mean I probably won't. Usually don't these days. I did warn the few people I'm close too that I'm feeling close to my limits. That way they've been warned in case I do lose it and off myself.

Last edited:
There is no meaning to life, except the meaning you give it.
In the grand scheme of things, there is no meaning because the universe is not sentient.
I think the universe might be sentient and there is a collective human consciousness, but ultimately everything is the same thing interacting with itself

and with quantum immortality and multiple worlds interpretation and stuff we can get creative with the concept of what death and your experience in life is without even having to get spiritual as that flavor turns some people off for one reason or another

I think the universe might be sentient and there is a collective human consciousness, but ultimately everything is the same thing interacting with itself

and with quantum immortality and multiple worlds interpretation and stuff we can get creative with the concept of what death and your experience in life is without even having to get spiritual as that flavor turns some people off for one reason or another

Being a sort of agnostic, I don't disbelieve there is some super natural non theistic force or energy out there but this force/energy would be occupying the universe just like we are, a non sentient universe.

What about when nothing makes you feel happy, or even feel anything for the most part. What then?

Then you can explore the edges of the abyss. Not everyone can do that. It’s not always a great move, either, but...

Being a sort of agnostic, I don't disbelieve there is some super natural non theistic force or energy out there but this force/energy would be occupying the universe just like we are, a non sentient universe.
the way im thinking about it is the universe is like a giant mind and we exist inside the mind, and so the omnipresent infinite intelligence exists in each of us like if you were to imagine some characters for a story you were making up they would exist in your mind but you would also exist in them as representations of you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge
The first and highest aspect of God is described by Plato as the One (Τὸ Ἕν, 'To Hen'), the source, or the Monad.[7] This is the God above the Demiurge, and manifests through the actions of the Demiurge. The Monad emanated the demiurge or Nous (consciousness) from its "indeterminate" vitality due to the monad being so abundant that it overflowed back onto itself, causing self-reflection.[8] This self-reflection of the indeterminate vitality was referred to by Plotinus as the "Demiurge" or creator. The second principle is organization in its reflection of the nonsentient force or dynamis, also called the one or the Monad. The dyad is energeia emanated by the one that is then the work, process or activity called nous, Demiurge, mind, consciousness that organizes the indeterminate vitality into the experience called the material world, universe, cosmos. Plotinus also elucidates the equation of matter with nothing or non-being in The Enneads[9] which more correctly is to express the concept of idealism or that there is not anything or anywhere outside of the "mind" or nous (c.f. pantheism).

im a fan of this type of stuff

Eh I mean I probably won't. Usually don't these days. I did warn the few people I'm close too that I'm feeling close to my limits. That way they've been warned in case I do lose it and off myself.
you prob couldnt even kill yourself if you tried like groundhog day honestly not saying you should test it, you prob fuck everyone in this dimension over

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-hiding_theorem
The no-hiding theorem[1] states that if information is lost from a system via decoherence, then it moves to the subspace of the environment and it cannot remain in the correlation between the system and the environment. This is a fundamental consequence of the linearity and unitarity of quantum mechanics. Thus, information is never lost. This has implications in black hole information paradox and in fact any process that tends to lose information completely. The no-hiding theorem is robust to imperfection in the physical process that seemingly destroys the original information.

Then you can explore the edges of the abyss. Not everyone can do that. It’s not always a great move, either, but...
Oh I'm an old pro a that staring into the abyss stuff. I mean I started thinking about suicide when I was very young. I've had a long, long time to refine my worldview. I've come to believe I'm right about the way I see life and existence itself. Which is terrifying.

For a while, many years really, I was pretty damn good at reinventing myself and finding new goals and dreams when the old ones failed. But it's been a long road and I don't seem to get happier no matter what I do.

I suppose I've started to give up hope. While slowly becoming more detached from myself and everything around me.

Then you post on sherdog 30000 times lol.

Try some new things man, and something will click

Oh I'm an old pro a that staring into the abyss stuff. I mean I started thinking about suicide when I was very young. I've had a long, long time to refine my worldview. I've come to believe I'm right about the way I see life and existence itself. Which is terrifying.

For a while, many years really, I was pretty damn good at reinventing myself and finding new goals and dreams when the old ones failed. But it's been a long road and I don't seem to get happier no matter what I do.

I suppose I've started to give up hope. While slowly becoming more detached from myself and everything around me.

Well. There’s nothing anyone can say, in my opinion, to really challenge or aid a persons core pain in the long run. In the short, I’ll just let you know, the internet would be sadder without ya, and the internet is sad enough

Back