Social Media becoming more unhinged as Trump leads Biden in the polls

By “bread and circuses” do you mean “an actual knowledge of politics and history”? <45>

Look, we can either be obliviously retarded to the lessons of history, or we can learn from them. Horrific shit that happened in the past can happen again, and the easiest way for it to happen again is for ignorant dumbfucks to let it happen.

Here’s another lesson from history. After WW2 research was done to try and determine how exactly a madman like Hitler got into power. What they discovered is that he didn’t have some massive number of rabid followers; he had a very small number of rabid followers that worked to get him in power, and the majority of Germans just sort of stood by and let it happen. Their justifications for doing so were things like, “oh, he’s not that bad,” “the media lies about everything, you can’t trust them,” “even if he is as bad as some think, that bad stuff won‘t be happening to me and my family anyway….”
All things that seem eerily familiar.
This is a bit unrelated to your posts itt but,

It seems like Liberals just want to hand waive away critques of the media without engaging on what the consequences of it are. Like if we acknowledge that theres a mainstream media system that is deeply partisan, and therefore has bias, why do we pretend like the other side of the political isle wont start to abandon that system and emerge with their own isolated media ecosystems?

Like you can have your critques of Trump and how bad he is, and theres likely alot of Truth in it, but if half the country disagrees with you that doesnt matter. I would argue the reason for the split here is the medias fault and Trump even emerging only happens when you have a disfunctional system.

You haven’t made a point.
All you’ve said “Nuh-uhhhhh!”

And lol @ “caught up in the dialectics.” I’d be shocked AF if you’ve ever read a word of Hegel.
I'm not talking about Marxism dumb-dumb. You're still proving my point about treating politics as sport. You're so caught up in it you can't even see it.

It seemed to me the 9-11 conspiracies had a plainly partisan origin, but ok, I'm only on the outside looking in. That can add clarity but it can also result in missing pieces of the puzzle. So, agree to disagree until I see some evidence of your assertion, but I will give it some more thought. Oh, and I didn't say the CT's resulted in any change in the outcome of the election, only that I think they served a plainly partisan purpose.

I thought most 9-11 theories were like inside job, cut down on freedom, control the population etc. Not partisan shit slinging.

I think Bush Jr's approval rate skyrocketed after 9-11 to a point that it was obvious both parties voters were behind him overwhelmingly so. And when it came to re-election he was just spitting out platitudes in debates of being a war time President to win lol.

Are you challenged ? You’re talking about professional fighters in different weight categories.

In this case, you have Putin that actually has a black belt and Obama who’s a random dude even though he’s taller
Obama is 50% more explosive than Putin.
My question is why do you worship tiny dudes? Is Putin your #ShortKing ?

Yeah the mentally ill left are running a new commercial here in California throwing a bitch fit about Steve Garvey "surging in the polls", then it goes on to show some mentally ill lib politicians bitching "HE VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE!!!!". Like it makes him some concentration camp general for voting for Trump {<jordan}

It seems like Liberals just want to hand waive away critques of the media without engaging on what the consequences of it are. Like if we acknowledge that theres a mainstream media system that is deeply partisan, and therefore has bias, why do we pretend like the other side of the political isle wont start to abandon that system and emerge with their own isolated media ecosystems?

Like you can have your critques of Trump and how bad he is, and theres likely alot of Truth in it, but if half the country disagrees with you that doesnt matter. I would argue the reason for the split here is the medias fault and Trump even emerging only happens when you have a disfunctional system.
Well I don’t really agree that there’s a mainstream media system that is deeply partisan, for starters. There is a mainstream media system that is lazy and sensationalist and doesn’t due their due diligence in their rush to get clicks, that seems clear.

There are outlets that are deeply partisan, sure. Despite what some War Roomers might think about me, I completely ignore shit like MSNBC, Huff Post, the View, etc. Unfortunately, I rarely see conservative Americans ignore FOX and Newsmax, and in fact, FOX was the highest rated cable news show in this country for years—despite study after study that showed FOX viewers to be the least informed on issues.

I am huge advocate of bringing back the Fairness Doctrine, and personally I think that its elimination is where all of these problems started.

There are unbiased outlets to get news from, such as:

AP
Reuters
Lawfare for legal issues

There are also good outlets whose bias is very slight that are very factual, well-sourced places to get news from. I mean shit, MediaBiasFactCheck.com has a filtered search available. If someone wants, for example, a slightly right-biased outlet with high factual reporting and credibility, they can set those filters and the site will spit out a whole list of them.

But that brings to light the other big issue: it’s not just the media who is lazy, people are lazy. I don’t need Jesse Waters or Anderson Cooper to tell me what to think, I can read a bill or executive order or special counsel report or whatever for myself—and I do. If I read an editorial or opinion piece, I’ll do my own research to see if I can independently verify the assertions made. If I need additional context, I specifically seek out highly factual media outlets with minimal bias to get that context from.

To your point about half the country disagreeing with me: I honestly don’t view myself as any kind of expert, but my interest in history and politics is almost innate. That is, I was drawn to both starting when I was a child. I’ve been following this stuff for like 35 years. So I can discern things for myself, and I don’t give a good goddamn if other Americans disagree, or Rachel Maddow disagrees, or Tucker Carlson disagrees. I can form my own political views and their spin isn’t particularly relevant to me.
I'm not talking about Marxism dumb-dumb. You're still proving my point about treating politics as sport. You're so caught up in it you can't even see it.
The dialectic is originally and properly Hegel, not Marx, although Marx did repurpose the Hegelian dialectic for his own philosophy (and both philosophies Dealt with the “synthesis” aspect of it). But there’s no point in us trying to have that discussion, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and it shows.

But I’ll bite: in what way have I treated politics as sport? I am warning about the very real consequences of electing someone like Trump, as demonstrated through parallel events in history. It’s literally the opposite of treating politics as sport.

Last edited:
One example of what? You said, "Ever since Obama's [yadda yadda] the country is in freefall...."

You laid the current situation directly at the feet of Obama. Sounds ridiculous to me.
In retrospect, it is in fact ridiculous. That is why I didn't intend it that way. The concept of 'exceptionalism' goes all the way back to de Toqueville.

My mention of Obama was to point out that he was the first major politician, let alone sitting POTUS, to question America's superiority on all fronts.

In the link below though, his statements on the topic are not that egregious after all.

His faux pas was not marching in lock step with the Republican hive mind of the time.

But, of course, questioning motives, actions and stances taken by the US government at least has been around for a long time, going all the way back to the 60's.

Viet Nam anyone?

haha, I don't even remember what my original point was. Decaying morals, lower standards and societal expectations perhaps?

I think I was going more for declining self image among the populace, etc. leading to rot, amoral behavior, etc.

But I'm a firm believer in questioning all institutions routinely, for what it's worth.

golf course was a muddy mess btw. ugh

Last edited:
Well I don’t really agree that there’s a mainstream media system that is deeply partisan, for starters. There is a mainstream media system that is lazy and sensationalist and doesn’t due their due diligence in their rush to get clicks, that seems clear.

There are outlets that are deeply partisan, sure. Despite what some War Roomers might think about me, I completely ignore shit like MSNBC, Huff Post, the View, etc. Unfortunately, I rarely see conservative Americans ignore FOX and Newsmax, and in fact, FOX was the highest rated cable news show in this country for years—despite study after study that showed FOX viewers to be the least informed on issues.

I am huge advocate of bringing back the Fairness Doctrine, and personally I think that its elimination is where all of these problems started.

There are unbiased outlets to get news from, such as:

AP
Reuters
Lawfare for legal issues

There are also good outlets whose bias is very slight that are very factual, well-sourced places to get news from. I mean shit, MediaBiasFactCheck.com has a filtered search available. If someone wants, for example, a slightly right-biased outlet with high factual reporting and credibility, they can set those filters and the site will spit out a whole list of them.

But that brings to light the other big issue: it’s not just the media who is lazy, people are lazy. I don’t need Jesse Waters or Anderson Cooper to tell me what to think, I can read a bill or executive order or special counsel report or whatever for myself—and I do. If I read an editorial or opinion piece, I’ll do my own research to see if I can independently verify the assertions made. If I need additional context, I specifically seek out highly factual media outlets with minimal bias to get that context from.

To your point about half the country disagreeing with me: I honestly don’t view myself as any kind of expert, but my interest in history and politics is almost innate. That is, I was drawn to both starting when I was a child. I’ve been following this stuff for like 35 years. So I can discern things for myself, and I don’t give a good goddamn if other Americans disagree, or Rachel Maddow disagrees, or Tucker Carlson disagrees. I can form my own political views and their spin isn’t particularly relevant to me.

The dialectic is originally and properly Hegel, not Marx, although Marx did repurpose the Hegelian dialectic for his own philosophy (and both philosophies Dealt with the “synthesis” aspect of it). But there’s no point in us trying to have that discussion, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and it shows.

But I’ll bite: in what way have I treated politics as sport? I am warning about the very real consequences of electing someone like Trump, as demonstrated through parallel events in history. It’s literally the opposite of treating politics as sport.
Thats great that you do your own due dilligence but the average person cant be expected to, which I think you'd agree with. It seems like theres two seperate realities that are emerging, and add to that the laziness and uneducation of the populace and I dont get how Democracy continues. This also makes Trumps rise unsurprising.

I think media has some responsibility. We need an effective and bipartisan fourth estate. A spread out media landscape is fine but only to the extent that people do the proper due dilligence as you mentioned. If we see that the average person doesnt, then all those outlets are doing is confirming their audience's pre existing bias.

Well, they certainly weren't started by the flag waving, Bush loving Republicans, if that's what was being implied.
I don't believe I indicated the particular brand of partisanship nor whether that was relevant. It's clear the intent was to undermine the Bush presidency, however unsuccessful the attempt. Rather, that goes back to my point, which was that people creating narratives and conspiracy theories out of nothing is not a new phenomenon; only the motives differ.

Having said that, it doesn't excuse people today running full bore with such narratives long after they've been very clearly debunked with incontrovertible evidence. Take, for example, Lindell at CPAC still pushing the stolen election bs after being ordered to shell out $5 million because he couldn't produce any of the evidence he claimed to possess, while the audience cheered him on.

Watching the media coming apart is glorious. No rational discussion, just panicked hysteria. These are journalists? Embarrassing

Love the line about Trump weaponizing the DOJ and the legal system.

Really?? Hilariously ironic

Has to be eliminated? Interesting…

Didnt looks at tweets

But the media adores Trump. Fox, Turners/CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS

Hes always been a media darling.

His madness equals ratings; from his earliest birther movement to his insurrection attempts on Jan 6th

Across the board media has been grossly irresponsible not holding him accountable, repeatedly reporting and perpetuating his madness for ratings and clicks.

Its been a media circus, continuing his reality star path (trump even said so) at the cost of the country and democracy itself.

This is how you treat Manlet's with a Napoleon complex. You need to assert your massive height difference on them, so they know you can smash their tiny ass any fucking time you want.

2260px-Barack_Obama_and_Bill_Clinton_%28cropped1%29.jpg

Didnt looks at tweets

But the media adores Trump. Fox, Turners/CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS

Hes always been a media darling.

His madness equals ratings; from his earliest birther movement to his insurrection attempts on Jan 6th

Across the board media has been grossly irresponsible not holding him accountable, repeatedly reporting and perpetuating his madness for ratings and clicks.

Its been a media circus, continuing his reality star path (trump even said so) at the cost of the country and democracy itself.

Agreed... Trump mania equals ratings

It’s exactly what you said. In what way am I misrepresenting what you said?

You guys fall back on this sad, “oh you’ve been lied to by the LiBeRaL MSM” nonsense every time.
Trump is running on an openly fascist platform—I’m talking about from his own mouth and in his own words. I don’t need the media to spin shit. Replacing government officials with loyalists (something that has already begun, btw), travel bans, rounding up his political opponents (him he equates to subhuman vermin), “retribution,” is all shit directly from his own mouth.

Any time we don’t get our knees and fellate his fat ass, you guys trot out the old “you’ve been brainwashed by the media“ excuse. Get some new material.

And btw, this pearl of wisdom right here that you dropped is wrong AF too:

Someone can absolutely seize power; more likely is that someone could be voted in but then consolidate power in all sorts of fascist, unconstitutional ways. One big misconception I see a lot is this idea that Trump would need the support of the whole US military to do that, and that’s just not true. Aside from the fact that if elected POTUS, Trump would be Commander-In-Chief anyhow, think of 1930s Germany: was it the German military going around rounding up Jews, perpetrating things like Krystallnacht and Night of the Long Knives?
No.
It was the SS and SA, private paramilitary groups with loyalties to Hitler. Something like that is easily replicable, especially as there’s no shortage of right wing wackjob militia psychos who‘d love ro have the job.

And how did the SS and SA start? As small, little groups that provided “private security” at Hitler’s speeches and rallies. Frankly, I’m surprised that Trump hasn’t done the same thing already.

I thought everything would mellow out too, but conservatives doubled down on Trump so here we are again. It’s really as simple as that. They couldn’t move on from him, so now the rest of us can’t either.
I specifically mentioned FOX news as well as MSN, FFS. What I see is me saying "hey, wouldn't unbiased journalism be a nice thing" and you trying desperately to disagree with me for some reason.

I have given a better explanation of why inflation occurs in this thread than you have. And why it has come to a head under Biden, not under Trump or Obama or Bush.

A ~30% increase in money in circulation since 2020 is the main culprit. That's all Biden.

I literally gave you a reason why inflation occurred in this specific scenario. You provided a basic definition of inflation.

Again when you understand that a president has little control of the economy you start understanding shit.

Trump had zero interest rates in 2020 and biden had zero interest rates in 2021. If trump had won in 2020, the inflation we are seeing now would have happened regardless. Rates were kept too low by the fed. Cheap rates lead to an asset bubble, now you have home prices out of control. But guess what, this happened in every country.

Bro I’m serious here but you gotta educate yourself. Read basic Econ books, go to school. Stop relying on herp derp Fox News or whatever podcast you listen to get your info. When you blame inflation on a president you legitimately show that you have shit for brains. Stop being a mark

Last edited:

This is interesting considering that Fox News is the largest media company in the USA and it leans conservative. Weird how they aren’t considered “mainstream”

I specifically mentioned FOX news as well as MSN, FFS. What I see is me saying "hey, wouldn't unbiased journalism be a nice thing" and you trying desperately to disagree with me for some reason.
It's because he doesn't believe the leftist propaganda networks are biased. They're telling the truth. The "truth" he wants to hear, like all those FOX News viewers he holds in disdain...

Back