Social Meme thread v99: Your facts and logic are not welcome here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip to 3:00.

Trust me. Everyone is going to be thankful they saw this.

When I was in the 8th grade we had a new student. Was this like 6’3 280lb heavy kid with TS. Dude was always doing these weird physical ticks like snapping his hand to finger like a whip making this popping noise l, making weird faces and blinking and of course blurting out obscene things. We of course got him to do things that he happily volunteered to do to impress us.

One night he and I had to take the same city bus home it was around this time of year where it was dark around 4:30. The bus basically went from the inner city right through the ghetto all the way to a college in a nice area where we got off to grab another bus. Anyways we are back of the bus goofing off and the bus is loaded with black people and he starts belting out racial slurs. I’m like “dude stop that shit ain’t funny” and he looked at me with the most terrified face and was like “it’s a real tick”.

Back then they still had some of the older buses mixed in with the newer ones running routes with the big ass side slider windows. I literally jumped out the window into a snow bank when the bus was breaking and walked off the main route zig zagging to my next stop. I just remember him looking out the window at me eyes as big as saucers as I abandon his ass. This was in areas where stabbing and shootings occurred regularly, I was pretty crazy at that age but knew when to call it.

I haven’t really seen or watched anyone with TS since those days. This girl def brings back old memories. This dude looked like a goof though, he looked like Fred Flintstone in human form. It’s so weird seeing cute / innocent looking females with it.

Last edited:
When I was in the 8th grade we had a new student. Was this like 6’3 280lb heavy kid with TS. Dude was always doing these weird physical ticks like snapping his hand to finger like a whip making this popping noise l, making weird faces and blinking and of course blurting out obscene things. We of course got him to do things that he happily volunteered to do to impress us.

One night he and I had to take the same city bus home it was around this time of year where it was dark around 4:30. The bus basically went from the inner city right through the ghetto all the way to a college in a nice area where we got off to grab another bus. Anyways we are back of the bus goofing off and the bus is loaded with black people and he starts belting out racial slurs. I’m like “dude stop that shit ain’t funny” and he looked at me with the most terrified face and was like “it’s a real tick”.

Back then they still had some of the older buses mixed in with the newer ones running routes with the big ass side slider windows. I literally jumped out the window into a snow bank when the bus was breaking and walked off the main route zig zagging to my next stop. I just remember him looking out the window at me eyes as big as saucers as I abandon his ass. This was in areas where stabbing and shootings occurred regularly, I was pretty crazy at that age but knew when to call it.

I haven’t really seen or watched anyone with TS since those days. This girl def brings back old memories. This dude looked like a good though, he looked like Fred Flintstone in human form. It’s so weird seeing cute / innocent looking females with it.
A guy I knew who had Tourette's told me the swearing thing is BS. He had all the facial tics but I never heard him just scream swears for no reason.

A guy I knew who had Tourette's told me the swearing thing is BS. He had all the facial tics but I never heard him just scream swears for no reason.
Tbh most the stuff he blurted out was weird shit like movie quotes and random words. We sort of pushed him into more nasty things. The first day of school (this was a big old ass building in the city) it had super high ceilings and these massive flip open windows inside between the hall and room (quite a bit of echo).

Anyways first day of school and I keep hearing this pop and snap that sounds like those little popper things you throw and they explode and make a pop. We called them whipper snappers as a kid. Anyways kept hearing that and then some goof yelling out Adrian like Rocky and saying “me and the boys”. It was of course him snapping his hand and blurting things. I had like 4 classes with him, this time he was across the hall.

Later that day the a teachers and assistant principal gathered us and explained the new kids situation. Nobody really knew what it was until that day (pre internet). If he was trolling with the slurs he sure got me good and had massive balls at that age. He looked genuinely shook after he was saying it.

I have no clue what’s bs or not and to what degree each person is (like if it has a spectrum). I don’t know what determines what they decide to blurt out…. I’m going to look that up later.

Edit:

Is a name for it a it and this is the official website. Doesn’t seem like bullshit maybe some just don’t manifest the same.

Sounds accurate to what happened in my story.

Last edited:
Tbh most the stuff he blurted out was weird shit like movie quotes and random words. We sort of pushed him into more nasty things. The first day of school (this was a big old ass building in the city) it had super high ceilings and these massive flip open windows inside between the hall and room (quite a bit of echo).

Anyways first day of school and I keep hearing this pop and snap that sounds like those little popper things you throw and they explode and make a pop. We called them whipper snappers as a kid. Anyways kept hearing that and then some goof yelling out Adrian like Rocky and saying “me and the boys”. It was of course him snapping his hand and blurting things. I had like 4 classes with him, this time he was across the hall.

Later that day the a teachers and assistant principal gathered us and explained the new kids situation. Nobody really knew what it was until that day (pre internet). If he was trolling with the slurs he sure got me good and had massive balls at that age. He looked genuinely shook after he was saying it.

I have no clue what’s bs or not and to what degree each person is (like if it has a spectrum). I don’t know what determines what they decide to blurt out…. I’m going to look that up later.
I doubt it's just random words they blurt out. It's probably words they commonly use in their daily lives, likely words that are somehow cathartic to them to relieve the stress built up by the condition (and who doesn't feel better after cursing someone out?)

Now racial slurs being someone's tick is a nice insight to the words he uses a lot in his private life.

I doubt it's just random words they blurt out. It's probably words they commonly use in their daily lives, likely words that are somehow cathartic to them to relieve the stress built up by the condition (and who doesn't feel better after cursing someone out?)

Now racial slurs being someone's tick is a nice insight to the words he uses a lot in his private life.
Not sure if you seen my post edit but read this off the official site.

Edit:

Is a name for it a it and this is the official website. Doesn’t seem like bullshit maybe some just don’t manifest the same.

They actually mention racial slurs there. Sounds accurate to what happened in my story.

His pitch and stuff definitely changed sometimes more like a dog yipping other times like someone intentionally trying to sound like they had a deep voice.

Not sure if you seen my post edit but read this off the official site.

Edit:

They actually mention racial slurs there. Sounds accurate to what happened in my story.

His pitch and stuff definitely changed sometimes more like a dog yipping other times like someone intentionally trying to sound like they had a deep voice.
I'm not saying it's bullshit. I think it's a real tick. My question is why those specific words out of all the words in their vocabulary?

I'd guess it's like when you, I or any other random person is annoyed by a situation and want to curse or call someone is annoying you a name but we hold it back because of social etiquette, but with people with TS the urge/stress building up is like 1000x the average person so they can't hold it back.

I'm not saying it's bullshit. I think it's a real tick. My question is why those specific words out of all the words in their vocabulary?

I'd guess it's like when you, I or any other random person is annoyed by a situation and want to curse or call someone is annoying you a name but we hold it back because of social etiquette, but with people with TS the urge/stress building up is like 1000x the average person so they can't hold it back.
Oh I’m not accusing you man, you said your friend said that who has it bullshit. I wasn’t sure myself so I was just sharing what I found on the TS site.

I don’t know if you read the screenshot I put up they say it isn’t always directly related to a mindset or opinion. I’m not sure why.

Oh I’m not accusing you man, you said your friend said that who has it bullshit. I wasn’t sure myself so I was just sharing what I found on the TS site.

I don’t know if you read the screenshot I put up they say it isn’t always directly related to a mindset or opinion. I’m not sure why.
That was @Seano who said that. I don't personally know anyone with TS. I was just offering a theory

That was @Seano who said that. I don't personally know anyone with TS. I was just offering a theory
Your theories make sense to me. I thought I was talking with the same person the entire time my bad. (The guy who said his friend with TS said it was bs). I genuinely wanted to look and see if it was because I have no idea myself if I was getting played. We were 13 thinking we were pulling his strings he could have been pulling ours.

I'm just sharing an anecdote based on something I was told by someone I assumed knew better than me.

IsU8uwP.jpg

I'm just sharing an anecdote based on something I was told by someone I assumed knew better than me.
Hey I man wasn’t sure either. I’m glad you shared that it sparked interest in me wondering if that guy was just fucking with us. Like I watch a lot of shit online and do tons of research on random things. I honestly just avoided TS related stuff and only have that one life experience. I mean if I jumped out of a bus and that guy was laughing at me in his head…….. well done. I just remembered he would actually bark like a dog sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back