Merab vs Aldo - arguably best fight this weekend. Who wins?

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Would love to see Aldo do it, but I am leaning Merab.

I think Merab wins but I'd love to see Aldo win and get another titleshot

Don't know that much about Merab, but I'll pick Aldo over any wrestler until I see him lose to one.

Hoping that Aldo can win the first two and just coast in the third.
Funny enough that left hook counter that Moraes caught Merab with happens to be a counter that Aldo is very educated with.
I honestly think Aldo can score a finish in this one.

Merab wins an makes it look easy. Best fight imo is really Usman v Edward's (folks are sleeping on howcgood Edward's is)

Voted Aldo because I want him to win. But in reality I think it’s a toss up. I could definitely see Aldo catching him early like Moraes did but Merab is a machine and could drown Aldo the longer it goes.

Aldo only loses to champion calibre. Reckon he takes the first two rounds clearly then slows down round 3 to a UD dec

He looked so bad on the scales, his cut to 135lbs is a severe one.
I saw that too.
Another thing to worry about is the Salt Lake City altitude(higher elevation).
Aldo is usually very good in three round bouts, but having a guy like Merab push the pace might fatigue him a bit sooner which is not a big issue since history has shown that Aldo will still be fresh for rounds one and two.

If he didn't adjust to the altitude by getting there early it might take effect on him during the fight by his cardio getting zapped after the first couple of grappling exchanges, hopefully this isn't the case.

No one is talking about this fight except sherdog

It was a standing wrestle fuck. Volk clinched him on the cage to win the rounds (also out leg kicked him at distance).

Yeah I just looked up the fight stats and Volk went 0 for 3 on takedowns. I guess he got wall n stalled like Usman often does then.

Back