Merab VS Henry is one of the highest level fights of the year.... But I cant seem to get excited for it

Would've been a better fight a few years ago when Henry was still in his prime, now he's a 37 year old bantamweight.

Agreed.

However, Henry does have punching power. He's a strong dude with a big punch.
Only comparative taller fighters have given him trouble.
Henry also has better "anti-wrestling" (as a former Olympic gold-medal wrestler) than anyone Merab has ever faced.

Merab may have "that pace and pressure," but I think Cejudo may KO him.
Henry has got a good punch, and Dvalishvili is always coming forward, and that's the hardest you can be hit is when coming in.

Last edited:
They both don't have the ground game to control each other when it hits the ground. They should just have a shootboxing brawl with no standing up subs. Just takedowns and standup. Sherdoggers are going to cry about these guys didn't do anything with their takedowns and post the wrong version of the unified MMA rules. I honestly don't care. Most takedowns wins.

Would've been a better fight a few years ago when Henry was still in his prime, now he's a 37 year old bantamweight.
Yup, on the money.
Henry's style is great and elite, but he fucked up big time vacating the belt in an attempt to get leverage. We missed out on a bunch of fun possible matchups.

Anyone else? I feel like I should be STOKED for this fight considering the high level but I have a feeling its gonna be a boring shite fight
Honestly i think it's a squash match and henry gets steamrolled.

personally i hear some people say cejudo took it to sterling, I honestly didn't think that fight was close i could only find one round for cejudo I think sterling proved he's on a different level.

Cejudo IMO, Is not elite at BW only at FLW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back