Mexican-market Cleto Reyes Pro Lace-ups

I believe if you live outside the US, you can get them from Juan in the Mexican gear thread. Contact him and he will let you know. I'm on my phone so I can't post it now. I'll do it when I get home.

thanks for the reply - i actually live in the US =(.

Thanks - Ill email them asking if they are the mexican-market make. FYI - anyone interested in these Reyes gloves inside the US - Mexicanfightgear won't have reyes gloves until early 2014 and Juan can't ship to the US.

Crap. Sorry - I don't know too much about Reyes gloves, but I used the Fairtex Mexican Style Glove (BGV9) and loved it. Unfortunately, the fairtex don't come in 10oz, and I heard they are styled very similar to the Cletos. Do you mind linking to the 10oz Cletos that are well-regarded? I understand there may be different make/models, but I am wondering if there is a generally favored model. Reading through the threads, it seemed that the ring-side cleto's were not as well-regarded as the "mexican market"

Thai-Gee you are 100% correct, at one time they were not listed as an official distributor.
But as always things change.

The 10oz trainers will run small, the BGV9 do infact copy the Reyes except for the thumb. The thumb is different. Take a full measurement of your hand.

You need from bottom of the palm to the tip of the middle finger
Thumb length, base of the thumb to the tip
and knuckle circum

also in inches please if you can :)

In the US use Lockwood Industries for sure http://www.lockwoodsboxing.com/

Mike is a good guy, with way lower prices than Ringside ($140 vs $200 unless they are putting them on a proper sale) and ships lightning fast with no flaws in the gloves he sells.

The 10oz gloves you want are the Safetec official fight gloves and you can find them on the above link.

You guys are great thanks. The BGV9 also had a huge internal hand compartment - my one complaint.

Bottom of the palm to the tip of the middle finger: Just over 7 inches
Thumb length, base of the thumb to the tip: Just over 4 inches
knuckle circum: 11.5 inches (measured circum of my fist - hope that's what you were looking for).

Thanks!

HOLY cow that is one freaking long thumb.

See I don't know if you can fit in the 10oz honestly...
I think the smallest you will be able to do is 12oz. Just trying to keep you from making a mistake and getting the wrong size glove bro.

As a quick follow-up -

I am seeing that some people say the Safetec cleto's are soft (almost like twins). I am looking for a puncher's glove with good "pop". Are the Safetec Cleto's the gloves to get?

I don't have issues with wrist support as long as I used 180 mex. wraps.

Majik is right, you hit the bag wrong and your wrists need to be supported. Only get the safetecs if you are using RSK HnLs or you are using lots of tape.

I received the safetec's 10oz in the mail. They fit well, but i am disappointed because they are so soft. I was really looking for a hardened, puncher's glove like the fairtex mexican style glove. I am hesitant to try them out because I want to return them. This is just a heads up for people who read this and think about buying the glove. They may be great - but are not the hardened cleto reyes that you hear about.

I received the safetec's 10oz in the mail. They fit well, but i am disappointed because they are so soft. I was really looking for a hardened, puncher's glove like the fairtex mexican style glove. I am hesitant to try them out because I want to return them. This is just a heads up for people who read this and think about buying the glove. They may be great - but are not the hardened cleto reyes that you hear about.

Cleto Reyes was never labeled as hard.

Thai Gee like many others confuse a punchers glove definition. The foam is supposed to be soft so that the knuckles break through the bottom most layer of the foam so that the knuckles rise to the top dealing maximum damage while maintaining protection of the users hands.

Hard dense padding like fairtex is NOT a punchers glove but rather a dense glove nothing more and it doesn't absorb shock very well.

Safetecs are a pro fight glove that can be used for training it is guaranteed to last over a thousand rounds but mimics a true pro fight glove at the same time.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info. You don't work for reyes do you ;)?

Shieeeeet.... I wish! Lol I would happily do that!

But yeah man Reyes are one of my favorite and ironically I'm the reverse of you, fairtex are one of my least favorite.

Back