Media Michael Bisping confirms the reason behind his lackluster loss at UFC 217

there you have it, Bisping was suffering from torn ribs on top of only having vision in one eye.

I thought everyone knew the reason behind his loss, which is that

GSP is a better fighter than Bisping. Like a way better.

70e2b1b392e7ed4206d62d1c552a9611.gif

The guy was a winner at 205 lbs, drops weight to 185 and calls out a smaller fighter who sleeps him and says he can beat him now. Logical.

"I stomped you before and I will stomp you again...You can complain about your rib. I'm sure your rib did hurt. Your rib is inside of a coward."

- Chael P. Sonnen (the P stands for undefeated) on Anderson's rib.
"His rib has the same problem his hands and feet have - they're attached to a cowardly charlatan"

For all the trash talk Bisping talked leading up to the fight… It looks weak to make excuses afterwards.

I'd love to hear Bispings reaction if anyone he beat said the same thing. In fact anytime a fighter attributes a loss to an injury I'd love to hear their thoughts on attributing wins to opponents injuries also. Pretty sure it'd be a different conversation.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it was a lackluster performance. It seems to me that he was in his way to winning the fight before getting caught with that left hook

Its one of my favorite GSP wins because he really had to aggressivley take it or get stopped himself.
I remember GSP flowing really nicely in that fight too, throwing spinning kicks and such. He seemed looser.

Reactions: HHJ
Back