Michael Chandler: "I see USADA at gym and get jealous, wish they were testing me"

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Chandler must be a pulser in order for him to be so confident of passing USADA testing.

“Whether Bellator likes to admit it or not, they don’t have USADA” Chandler said. “That’s the hard part about it all. I can’t sit here and say I have USADA knocking on my door every other day like some of these guys. I see USADA at the gym and get a little bit jealous because I wish they were testing me.”

“At the end of the day, it’s the media’s job to take what athlete say or what certain talent says and put it into print or put into the internet,” Chandler said. “That’s their job. Could they pick and chose their headlines differently? Of course, because clickbait is a real thing. It’s unfortunate because I have so much confidence in myself that I am 100 percent and I know I am 100 percent clean that I wish I was in an organization [that did more drug testing]. Now don’t use that headline, ‘Michael Chandler wishes he was in the UFC.’ I wish I didn’t have the dark cloud behind me of ‘Yeah, you’re in Bellator’ or ‘Yeah, you’re in ONE FC’ or ‘Yeah, you’re in RIZIN’ or these organizations that aren’t [under] USADA.

“As soon as the UFC came in — and hats off to them, let’s clean up the sport — but as soon as the UFC adopted their anti-doping policy and USADA, that’s when I started to see much more [criticism]. It’s not ‘Hey, Chandler likes Bellator’ or ‘Chandler is getting paid the most money in Bellator’ or ‘Chandler sees the best road to taking care of his family and setting himself up the future in Bellator.’ Instead it’s: ‘Chandler stays in Bellator because they don’t have drug testing like the UFC.’ It’s silly stuff like that, unfortunately, that puts a huge blemish on how much I love this sport or how much I love the fan base.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/...da-testing-in-ufc-i-wish-they-were-testing-me

Chandler must be a pulser in order for him to be so confident of passing USADA testing.

“Whether Bellator likes to admit it or not, they don’t have USADA” Chandler said. “That’s the hard part about it all. I can’t sit here and say I have USADA knocking on my door every other day like some of these guys. I see USADA at the gym and get a little bit jealous because I wish they were testing me.”

“At the end of the day, it’s the media’s job to take what athlete say or what certain talent says and put it into print or put into the internet,” Chandler said. “That’s their job. Could they pick and chose their headlines differently? Of course, because clickbait is a real thing. It’s unfortunate because I have so much confidence in myself that I am 100 percent and I know I am 100 percent clean that I wish I was in an organization [that did more drug testing]. Now don’t use that headline, ‘Michael Chandler wishes he was in the UFC.’ I wish I didn’t have the dark cloud behind me of ‘Yeah, you’re in Bellator’ or ‘Yeah, you’re in ONE FC’ or ‘Yeah, you’re in RIZIN’ or these organizations that aren’t [under] USADA.

“As soon as the UFC came in — and hats off to them, let’s clean up the sport — but as soon as the UFC adopted their anti-doping policy and USADA, that’s when I started to see much more [criticism]. It’s not ‘Hey, Chandler likes Bellator’ or ‘Chandler is getting paid the most money in Bellator’ or ‘Chandler sees the best road to taking care of his family and setting himself up the future in Bellator.’ Instead it’s: ‘Chandler stays in Bellator because they don’t have drug testing like the UFC.’ It’s silly stuff like that, unfortunately, that puts a huge blemish on how much I love this sport or how much I love the fan base.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/...da-testing-in-ufc-i-wish-they-were-testing-me
I get where’s he’s coming from. People on here say shit like that all the time. I think he needs to take some responsibility though and understand that if he stays with an org that doesn’t test, it’s part of the territory.

Chandler should be in the UFC. However he is one of their biggest stars and seems content to fight the same small pool of guys over and over again.

The UFC has the best LW division in the world.

Lol

He'd probably get popped then act all innocent like Costa

Chandler should be in the UFC. However he is one of their biggest stars and seems content to fight the same small pool of guys over and over again.

The UFC has the best LW division in the world.

I think thats exactly why he isnt in the UFC. They have the best LW division in the world. He would get mauled

Hes got that epo shred

michael-chandler-gym-bellator-champ-beast-workout-header.jpg

my guess is hes on stuff, like most fighters we know of

michael-chandler-david-rickels2-750.jpg

He has a point, there are a bunch of even more ripped LWs in the UFC and they don't get half the PED accusations he gets from fans.

He's short and compact . Not hard to look like that natural with lifting, training and eating well. It amazes me the criticism these guys get because they look better than you . This is their job so they are always training and eating well. You work a regular job and probably lift 3-4 times a week and i doubt you eat as well as they do. But it's that hard if you dedicate your to make a change

Last edited:
Lol nice line from a suspect guy

I haven’t actually heard many accusations directed at him. But I guess I’ve heard general accusations about all fighters outside of the UFC.

Guys who go out of their way to say they are natty = steroid users

Chandler sees the best road to taking care of his family and setting himself up the future in Bellator.

At least this can crusher is honest about his chances in the UFC. Will Brooks, who slaughtered him twice, went 1-3 in the UFC against low end fighters.

I get where’s he’s coming from. People on here say shit like that all the time. I think he needs to take some responsibility though and understand that if he stays with an org that doesn’t test, it’s part of the territory.

USADA's credibility is as good as my claim to KO'ing Hendo in the gym.

As far as I'm concerned and many sherdoggers, Belator has a more credible claim to providing an even playing field, USADA has a double standard where some athletes are now allowed to compete with illegal substances in their system based off their stardom.

He's short and compact . Not hard to look like that natural with lifting, training and eating well. It amazes me the criticism these guys get because they look better than you . This is their job so they are always training and eating well. You work a regular job and probably lift 3-4 times a week and i doubt you eat as well as they do. But it's that hard if you dedicate your to make a change
having a good looking body doesnt actually require too much hard work. having an ATHLETIC body does. not every guy with a six pack is athletic. anyway hes probably using though. why wouldnt he in an organization where drug testing isnt so strict? why be in a disadvantage.

I think thats exactly why he isnt in the UFC. They have the best LW division in the world. He would get mauled

He's a company guy for Bellator and they pay him nicely. He would 100% fight anyone in the UFC if they did a cross promotion show.

having a good looking body doesnt actually require too much hard work. having an ATHLETIC body does. not every guy with a six pack is athletic. anyway hes probably using though. why wouldnt he in an organization where drug testing isnt so strict? why be in a disadvantage.
You make no sense if he wasnt athletic he wouldn't be doing mma in the first place so obviously he was athletic first

You make no sense if he wasnt athletic he wouldn't be doing mma in the first place so obviously he was athletic first
im not talking about him. youre saying ppl are jealous and cant have good looking bodies cause theyre working. i countered with good looking bodies dont require a lot of hard work like athletic bodies. you were talking about "looks" and i outlined the difference between looking a certain way and being a certain way. do you require further explaining ?

Back