Media Michael Jai White says Bisping destroyed him in sparring

Yeah cause normally, 51-year-old actors/part-time martial artists will always have way better conditioning than 40-year-old retired MMA world champions that still train. Terrible excuses indeed.

impressive how your salty ass managed to pull that from MJW giving Bisping praise.
Mjw is a pseudo intellectual who has never been in an actual fight and there is no sparring footage anywhere to be found. He gassed light sparring .

Remember when he was trying to give kimbo tips on punching loll

Did he really ever claim he could beat up every MMA fighter? It seems like such a delusional claim that only sherdoggers could make such a claim about what somebody else said.

Did MJW ever *really* say that??
I don't think MJW ever literally claimed that he can beat up every MMA fighter. That being said, he has consistently alluded over the years that he can fight at "an elite level", and from what I've seen/heard, he always has this fake humble smugness about him whenever he talks about MMA and MMA fighters.

For example, he references guys like Jon Jones as if they're peers. I remember him talking about sparring with Jones, and while he was giving Jon a lot of props for being the best fighter in the world, he also said in the interview that it was an incredible learning experience, for them both.

Tells you all you need to know when a guy who's essentially a martial arts hobbyist, claims he provided Jon with an incredible learning experience.

Uh.... does having two eyes make your cardio better?

yep, because you're going to get hit a lot less. besides, that's not the point. he's complaining about his shit cardio but he's sparring a fucking cyclops. i'll take 2 eyes and shit cardio over having 1 fucking eye.

Last edited:
This is Michael Jai White we are talking about though. The dude has a history of claiming he could easily beat UFC champions and teach them how to really fight.

With the added context of who is saying it, it does sound like he's making excuses for why a literal world champion was getting the better of him.
Genuine question, not a leading one, cuz I don't listen to MJW talk:

Does he say he can beat UFC champs? Or do people pull that from his confidence that he can correct UFC champ's techniques?

Cuz I can totally see the latter: "Here's an  actor playing armchair theorist to the best in the world, he thinks he's so great." To which I'd contend, fuck,  I can point out technical problems too. There's a reason coaches exist, and they don't all whip their champs' asses, but I'm just gonna have to explain myself only maybe to some uninterested folks on a forum, while he's got a giant platform to be questioned on.

But if he's really going full Frank Dux, then fuck em, that's delusional

I've actually listened to that interview, and I think he was telling the truth. He sparred many combat athletes over time, and has receipts. Bisping is a cardio machine, so he said he was just gassed after 1.5 rounds, shit happens, he is 56 now, so bisping most likely was a decade younger too.

Yeah cause normally, 51-year-old actors/part-time martial artists will always have way better conditioning than 40-year-old retired MMA world champions that still train. Terrible excuses indeed.

impressive how your salty ass managed to pull that from MJW giving Bisping praise.
I know, People are so annoying with this shit.

I respect the fact this 50 year old actor sparred an mma fighter

Does he say he can beat UFC champs? Or do people pull that from his confidence that he can correct UFC champ's techniques?

Cuz I can totally see the latter: "Here's an  actor playing armchair theorist to the best in the world, he thinks he's so great." To which I'd contend, fuck,  I can point out technical problems too. There's a reason coaches exist, and they don't all whip their champs' asses, but I'm just gonna have to explain myself only maybe to some uninterested folks on a forum, while he's got a giant platform to be questioned on.

Pretty sure he said he could beat Mike Perry

I've actually listened to that interview, and I think he was telling the truth. He sparred many combat athletes over time, and has receipts. Bisping is a cardio machine, so he said he was just gassed after 1.5 rounds, shit happens, he is 56 now, so bisping most likely was a decade younger too.
What receipts? There not a single clip of him live sparring anyone. To me that is someone afraid to be seen as a fraud who will only "spar" as long as there is no filming

I'm pretty sure there were some claims made on Rogan back in the day as well.

I honestly thought there would be more easily available to find quotes given how often I've seen people dunking on him for claiming he could beat actual fighters.

But from everything I've heard MJW is supposedly pretty legit. He's sparred with the likes of Jon Jones and Urijah Hall in the past who sang his praises afterwards, but as we all know, sparring is not the same as an actual fight.

Another controversy with him is he was known for criticising other martial arts actors like Bruce Lee back in the day saying they are just actors that can't actually fight. Which people took as hypocrisy considering he does the exact same thing, and his response to those criticisms were essentially "I could have, but acting pays better."

Go to around 5:50 mark. Saying if he sees Perry in the street it will be interesting, that perry is an idiot and that he could tell him what he was going to hit him with and perry couldn't stop it. Says Perry couldn't hurt him even in pure boxing because he's bigger. Absolutely delusional. Perry would have this dude verbally tapping within 1 minute

Did he really ever claim he could beat up every MMA fighter? It seems like such a delusional claim that only sherdoggers could make such a claim about what somebody else said.

Did MJW ever *really* say that??

he's 55 yrs old and thinks he can beat the fuck out of Mike Perry. what do you think he thinks if he was 25 yrs old? he literally talks about the fighters like he's on the same level AT 55 YRS OLD. you don't have to hear him say the words to know that he's alluding to that he's a top fighter without ever fighting.

Pretty sure he said he could beat Mike Perry
In BK?

I remember Perry getting all offended on behalf of Kimbo (as if Kimbo is the picture of mixed martial artists) because MJW told a story about Kimbo getting frustrated with some instructions on set, so MJW said Perry misunderstood the story, and could also learn something and wouldn't be so low ranked if he came by for a demo.

Then the whole n word thing happened and I dipped out of that feud after

In BK?

I remember Perry getting all offended on behalf of Kimbo (as if Kimbo is the picture of mixed martial artists) because MJW told a story about Kimbo getting frustrated with some instructions on set, so MJW said Perry misunderstood the story, and could also learn something and wouldn't be so low ranked if he came by for a demo.

Then the whole n word thing happened and I dipped out of that feud after
In boxing. Didn't specify bare knuckle, this was before perry had really blown up in BK

he's 55 yrs old and thinks he can beat the fuck out of Mike Perry. what do you think he thinks if he was 25 yrs old? he literally talks about the fighters like he's on the same level AT 55 YRS OLD. you don't have to hear him say the words to know that he's alluding to that he's a top fighter without ever fighting.
If Bisping had him gassed in one round of light sparring can you imagine him vs perry in BKFC lol

Go to around 5:50 mark. Saying if he sees Perry in the street it will be interesting, that perry is an idiot and that he could tell him what he was going to hit him with and perry couldn't stop it. Says Perry couldn't hurt him even in pure boxing because he's bigger. Absolutely delusional. Perry would have this dude verbally tapping within 1 minute

just listen to his delusion there. "i fight with HWs who hit me full blast and you think you can hurt me?" for a guy who acts like he knows things nobody else does he's sure putting a lot of weight on size when we seen iron chin Mark Hunt eat Jerome Le Banner and Mirko's best strikes and then get slept by little Melvin Manhoef with 1 punch. just the fact that he thinks HWs are hitting him full blast, a fuckin 55 yr old Hollywood actor blows my mind. doesn't he realize all his "sparring" with these guys is just them letting him get in work? it's not even a real spar let alone a real fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back