Media Michael Jai White says Bisping destroyed him in sparring

In short he is living in a fantasy karate kid world. Dude sucks. half sherdog would beat him. Like seriously. He is not a fighter. Lol lol wtf is he babbling on. He´s starting to believe his own lies. Ok so you practiced flashy kicks for 35 years straight. And you´re good at kicking air and acting in fight movies. And now you´re a pro MMA fighter and can teach us ? Dude you don´t got 1 single fight recorded. For a hollywood guy who can do so much, according to his lips, there sure isn´t 1 clip of you even doing what we call sparring. That hitting the air stuff is NOT sparring. Lol. Fake TMA wanna be fighter. Corny.

Edit : I don´t mind him as person he just needs to STFU about being a pro fighter or what he is trying to convince us here. But I guess it´s common for Karate guys. He is in great shape for his age. He is probably a very decent guy. Too bad he wants to pretend to be some international fight icon.
I will give him he is in great shape and got fantastic flashy kicks, the ones that land rarely. I don´t even know if he knows basic kickboxing Muay Thai round house kicks and teeps and blocks. He´s a TMA practicioner and athlete. But I don´t see how he can talk this way like he is having real fights in a cage or ring. It doesn´t compare to getting in there with someone who actively maliciously tries to hurt you.

Last edited:
Yeah cause normally, 51-year-old actors/part-time martial artists will always have way better conditioning than 40-year-old retired MMA world champions that still train. Terrible excuses indeed.

impressive how your salty ass managed to pull that from MJW giving Bisping praise.
49 and 38 but who's counting.
He said it was just before Bisping / GSP which was Nov 2017.

lol better conditioning? Bisping has ONE EYE. this guy talks so much shit over the years and nobody checks his delusional ass. he doesn't even talk like Bradley Martin "i can beat up a little MMA fighter" he talks like he'd whoop EVERYONE'S ass and make it look easy. that's a lot of smoke he's wanting for somebody who Tai Tuivasa would kill with 1 punch.
A few of you keep saying he talked a bunch of shit and the rest of us are just wondering when and where that occurred, first time hearing about it. And the only video link in the thread has him talking about how Bisping was better and taught him a lesson. So yeah.

Prime MJW would be MMA goat ........... next to Bas anyway.

Bisping is definitely the guy with ego big enough to not give a guy like MJW an inch in sparring.
It's smart as well because MJW is the type of guy to claim he bested a UFC champion in sparring.

just listen to his delusion there. "i fight with HWs who hit me full blast and you think you can hurt me?" for a guy who acts like he knows things nobody else does he's sure putting a lot of weight on size when we seen iron chin Mark Hunt eat Jerome Le Banner and Mirko's best strikes and then get slept by little Melvin Manhoef with 1 punch. just the fact that he thinks HWs are hitting him full blast, a fuckin 55 yr old Hollywood actor blows my mind. doesn't he realize all his "sparring" with these guys is just them letting him get in work? it's not even a real spar let alone a real fight.
It's not even right to hit with full power sparring with seasoned pros so why they'd all feel the need to hit MJW so hard is one of life's great mysteries.

he didn´t do boxing kickboxing or any real fights aka he is not a competitive fighter.
That's true. There are certainly levels to how legitimate we can see people are, and his seem to only go as high as it can without actually being tested in the public eye. Hell, even Joe did your usual regional level tournies

I was just thinking purely on the MMA level, since that's what we're discussing. I'm sure even had he been a kickboxer at some point, the criticism would still come up that he should still keep quiet since he never in this sport

For Bisping to be ducking Romero, or indeed anybody else, you're going to have to provide some evidence that he was offered opponents besides Henderson.

If you can't do that, then I don't know exactly what you or the other guy mean by ducking, words have meanings after all.

If you are the one alleging something, then it is upon you to prove those claims. You claim he sidestepped a fight with Romero and/or others in favour of fighting Hendo, so show me evidence that he was offered a contract to fight them and turned it down.

As for that article, where exactly did Dana say that Bisping specifically asked for the Henderson fight? I've been looking for it and I can't find it anywhere besides that article claiming it, and they didn't provide the quote, which makes it pretty meaningless.

I have seen Bisping say on his podcast and other places over the years though that the first time he was even aware the Hendo fight was a possibility was when it was offered to him, which would directly contradict that was claimed in the article.

The closest thing to what that piece claims Dana said is this quote that I've found repeated in multiple articles.

“It’s a fight that the champ wants. It’s a fight that the fans want. We’re thinking about doing it in Manchester, England. But that’s not signed yet.”

And let's be clear here, claiming he wants the fight is not close to being the same thing as specifically asking for the fight.

Then there's also that Dana has said on multiple occasions that Bisping doesn't turn down fights, and never said no to any opponent that was offered to him.

Again, if you manage to find the quote of Dana saying Bisping directly asked for Hendo as his first title defense, and show evidence that he turned down other opponents he was offered a contract to fight to do so, I will eat crow and gladly call him a duck with the rest of you.

I mean, I had only popped in here to correct the narrative about Yoel being suspended when he wasn't and the veiled pass at the test he failed. But if ya like, I'll find you the quote of Bisping himself directly asking for it

(June 16th, less than 2 weeks after he won the belt):

NOW that Michael Bisping has finally reached the top of the mountain and stands tall as the new UFC middleweight champion, there are a long list of contenders lining up to challenge for the first defense of his title.

Former champions Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman have already called out Bisping with top ranked contenders Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Yoel Romero not far behind while the UFC weighs all the options for the next championship bout at 185 pounds.

But Bisping told FOX Sports on Monday that selfishly he has another option in mind: Dan Henderson, the hard-hitting legend currently ranked No.13 at middleweight.

“I’ll just go out on a limb and say this right now and people can talk s**t all they want, but the fight that I want because he’s almost retired -- I want Dan Henderson. I owe Dan Henderson one. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows why,” Bisping said.

“He’s still knocking people out, he’s still looking good, but he’s going to retire soon, so I would love to get revenge on him before he retires. That is the only reason for wanting him next because soon he’ll be retired and then after that he can stop using that logo of me unconscious with him floating above me. I know people are going to criticise me and say that’s a cop out but for personal reasons, that one has haunted me for a long, long time. Then once I dispatch of the old man and I send him packing, then I can take care of “Jacare” and your Weidman’s and your Rockhold’s. They’ll still be there. They ain’t going nowhere. But Dan Henderson is on borrowed time as we speak.”

And if Henderson isn’t available, Bisping has one other idea in mind.

“That would be incredible for me,” Bisping said about the Henderson fight. "Then in the mean time maybe “Jacare” can fight Anderson Silva and I can fight the winner of that after I beat Henderson. Or maybe GSP -- GSP (Georges St-Pierre) is apparently throwing his name in the mix. Talking about big fights, if GSP wanted to come up to 185, I would welcome him as well.”

‐----

No mention of Romero. Not that I think he wouldn't have fought Romero, but it was pretty clear he had bigger interests than the actual contenders, Yoel least of all.

Asking for anything more direct than that, like Bisping specifically demanding that fight from Dana or the UFC sending Bisping a different contract, is asking for things we both know we never see. The UFC prefers big fights and Bisping preferred specific challengers and Yoel didn't get his due for one or both of those reasons, not because he wasn't available

I mean, I had only popped in here to correct the narrative about Yoel being suspended when he wasn't and the veiled pass at the test he failed. But if ya like, I'll find you the quote of Bisping himself directly asking for it

(June 16th, less than 2 weeks after he won the belt):

NOW that Michael Bisping has finally reached the top of the mountain and stands tall as the new UFC middleweight champion, there are a long list of contenders lining up to challenge for the first defense of his title.

Former champions Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman have already called out Bisping with top ranked contenders Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Yoel Romero not far behind while the UFC weighs all the options for the next championship bout at 185 pounds.

But Bisping told FOX Sports on Monday that selfishly he has another option in mind: Dan Henderson, the hard-hitting legend currently ranked No.13 at middleweight.

“I’ll just go out on a limb and say this right now and people can talk s**t all they want, but the fight that I want because he’s almost retired -- I want Dan Henderson. I owe Dan Henderson one. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows why,” Bisping said.

“He’s still knocking people out, he’s still looking good, but he’s going to retire soon, so I would love to get revenge on him before he retires. That is the only reason for wanting him next because soon he’ll be retired and then after that he can stop using that logo of me unconscious with him floating above me. I know people are going to criticise me and say that’s a cop out but for personal reasons, that one has haunted me for a long, long time. Then once I dispatch of the old man and I send him packing, then I can take care of “Jacare” and your Weidman’s and your Rockhold’s. They’ll still be there. They ain’t going nowhere. But Dan Henderson is on borrowed time as we speak.”

And if Henderson isn’t available, Bisping has one other idea in mind.

“That would be incredible for me,” Bisping said about the Henderson fight. "Then in the mean time maybe “Jacare” can fight Anderson Silva and I can fight the winner of that after I beat Henderson. Or maybe GSP -- GSP (Georges St-Pierre) is apparently throwing his name in the mix. Talking about big fights, if GSP wanted to come up to 185, I would welcome him as well.”

‐----

No mention of Romero. Not that I think he wouldn't have fought Romero, but it was pretty clear he had bigger interests than the actual contenders, Yoel least of all.

Asking for anything more direct than that, like Bisping specifically demanding that fight from Dana or the UFC sending Bisping a different contract, is asking for things we both know we never see. The UFC prefers big fights and Bisping preferred specific challengers and Yoel didn't get his due for one or both of those reasons, not because he wasn't available
Well there you go. I'm happy to eat my crow on that. Congrats.

Not backing down on the ducking accusations though. Still gonna need proof whenever you or anybody else for that matter claim or imply it. Like you said though, you aren't going to be able to show evidence of ducking.

That's true. There are certainly levels to how legitimate we can see people are, and his seem to only go as high as it can without actually being tested in the public eye. Hell, even Joe did your usual regional level tournies

I was just thinking purely on the MMA level, since that's what we're discussing. I'm sure even had he been a kickboxer at some point, the criticism would still come up that he should still keep quiet since he never in this sport

it's fine to make critiques, hell we all do and not all of us have competed. i don't even think not competing invalidates your opinion because people can know how fighting works without participating in it just like anything. but the way he humble brags about sparring fighters, teaching them things, acting like he's levels above Mike Perry when i think Mike Perry would beat the fuck out of him AND Jake Paul in the same night, it's like he has this McDojo vibe to him like he knows things that nobody else does. it's fighting dummy, it's not rocket science.

like the way he was acting when he was showing Kimbo how not to telegraph your punches. he talks about how BOXERS telegraph all their punches and he's just simply fucking wrong. if they're telegraphing the punch by showing the shoulder first it's because they're using it to setup shoulder feints. it's not because they don't know how to throw punches properly. like he REALLY just acted like generations of boxers don't know how to throw punches ONLY HE DOES. the fuck? then do it! go in there and knock Tyson Fury on his ass. go in there and beat the fuck out of Usyk. it's complete and utter rubbish.

In short he is living in a fantasy karate kid world. Dude sucks. half sherdog would beat him. Like seriously. He is not a fighter. Lol lol wtf is he babbling on. He´s starting to believe his own lies. Ok so you practiced flashy kicks for 35 years straight. And you´re good at kicking air and acting in fight movies. And now you´re a pro MMA fighter and can teach us ? Dude you don´t got 1 single fight recorded. For a hollywood guy who can do so much, according to his lips, there sure isn´t 1 clip of you even doing what we call sparring. That hitting the air stuff is NOT sparring. Lol. Fake TMA wanna be fighter. Corny.

Edit : I don´t mind him as person he just needs to STFU about being a pro fighter or what he is trying to convince us here. But I guess it´s common for Karate guys. He is in great shape for his age. He is probably a very decent guy. Too bad he wants to pretend to be some international fight icon.
I will give him he is in great shape and got fantastic flashy kicks, the ones that land rarely. I don´t even know if he knows basic kickboxing Muay Thai round house kicks and teeps and blocks. He´s a TMA practicioner and athlete. But I don´t see how he can talk this way like he is having real fights in a cage or ring. It doesn´t compare to getting in there with someone who actively maliciously tries to hurt you.
Like I said, I don't listen to the guy, but every new statement im reading here is just worse and worse.

I've had plenty of people I've sparred with who will go high speeds to be impressive, but no contact so they never get challenged, with a few saying stuff like "oh you can't block that strike like that because it will break your arm."

Always felt like the kid who can't play with others cuz they're always going "Nuh uh, you didn't hit me cuz I'm wearing armor."

Well there you go. I'm happy to eat my crow on that. Congrats.

Not backing down on the ducking accusations though. Still gonna need proof whenever you or anybody else for that matter claim or imply it. Like you said though, you aren't going to be able to show evidence of ducking.
It's always going to be near impossible to prove a ducking claim. Professional fighters get into their career by fighting people, but it is a career, so we can't really blame them for accepting "better" fights. It's like our Leon-Belal back and forth too. I'll contend that Mike COULD have asked for Yoel the same way Leon COULD ask for Belal and it's not like the UFC will go "No, we're not going to do that." But if the UFC says sure to Hendo or wants to get Leon on the massive 300 card, of course they should shoot for it.

Its always going to come down to, some fans will use that info to draw inferences and some fans will take even bigger liberties to do that, especially when it's someone they don't like.

I try to play as few favorites as I can when I'm just analyzing stuff (Never liked Bisping, but he is kinda endearing at times. Not a Leon fan, but was one of the most active voices on this forum for his title shot and correcting the "sat out" narrative that surrounded him) but I'll almost always lean towards merit over business when looking over who contenders should be.

i will say this also, Joe Rogan makes critiques all the time on fighters but he doesn't ever act like he's on their level. even showing GSP the spinning kick, he never acted like he was better than GSP. he didn't even bring it up, GSP did. the other thing is Joe Rogan has had problems with fighters before and he's never talked about how he would beat them in a fight. never. the first guy to check Michael Jai White was Mike Perry and he immediately jumped to the "he's not on the level. i would tell him what i was going to hit him with and he couldn't do anything about it" WUUUUUUTTTTTT?! let's see it then, because i know for damn sure Mike Perry isn't above sleeping some old dude getting rowdy in the streets.
d8a4aa0a4c765c4b8f0d0ec28bf1e212_xl.jpg

It's always going to be near impossible to prove a ducking claim. Professional fighters get into their career by fighting people, but it is a career, so we can't really blame them for accepting "better" fights. It's like our Leon-Belal back and forth too. I'll contend that Mike COULD have asked for Yoel the same way Leon COULD ask for Belal and it's not like the UFC will go "No, we're not going to do that." But if the UFC says sure to Hendo or wants to get Leon on the massive 300 card, of course they should shoot for it.

Its always going to come down to, some fans will use that info to draw inferences and some fans will take even bigger liberties to do that, especially when it's someone they don't like.

I try to play as few favorites as I can when I'm just analyzing stuff (Never liked Bisping, but he is kinda endearing at times. Not a Leon fan, but was one of the most active voices on this forum for his title shot and correcting the "sat out" narrative that surrounded him) but I'll almost always lean towards merit over business when looking over who contenders should be.
My issue is that its a gigantic leap to go from "X hasn't publicly called for a fight with Y" to some form of "X doesn't want to fight/is ducking/is avoiding a fight with Y".

That was my contention with you in our Leon/Belal back and forth. Fighters generally fight who they are told to fight. In Leon's case. He was offered 3 opponents, he said yes to all of them, none of them happened to be Belal. Now it looks like it's almost certainly going to be Leon/Belal in Manchester, which was what I predicted would happen. The UFC specifically didn't want Belal anywhere near the top of the 300 card. Now that he is being told to fight Belal, Leon will fight Belal.

I admit I got my dates a little flubbed with Yoel's suspension. Good call on that.

This is sherdog, they believe roids make your cardio better and teach you how to box and wrestle.
No. People break the law, risk their career and damage their health cause roids.give no advantages. At all. Don't affect cardio, strength and recovery to spend more time on learning skills. Epo also doesn't improve cardio

No kickboxing is a real fight. Boxers, kickboxers, mma fighters are all credible to talk.

Back