Michael Page, Jack Della Maddalena or Ian Garry - Out of these guys, who has the best chance of being a WW champ?

Out of these guys, who has the best chance of being a WW champ?

• Total voters
Shavkat hype is unreal right now. Leon is special and will outclass him.
Leon is special, but he's going to get dumped on his head and mauled so badly you'll think he's the other kind of special.

JDM is the most well rounded fighter out of those three, he can easily bang with either of them and his grappling is high level, was never in danger with Burns despite having him in some bad positions, was kind of impressive ngl.

He just needs to work on his defensive wrestling/TDD, if he continues to improve he could be future champ.

Obviously Shavkat is the betting favorite I would say overall in the WW division.

But out of the three I mentioned.

Who do you see has the best chance in being a WW champ in the near or distant future?

i

061122-Jack-Della-Maddalena-UFC-270-GettyImages-1366345528.jpg

ian-garry.jpg
Ian Garry......
1710344683979.jpeg

Jack survived on the ground and even reversed Giblert Burns.

MVP can't grapple for shit.. and Machado is somewhat untested.

i think MVP could beat anyone in the division if it were a purely striking battle - but he's getting taken down by most of the top 10. i dont see him becoming champ unless he gets REALLY favorable matchups.

i think Ian Garry is overrated. guy gets caught bad in almost every fight he's been in outside of the D-Rod fight. and he got caught by dudes who will never even sniff the top 15. his fight with Geoff Neal showed me its only a matter of time until he gets cracked hard and put out cold.

JDM has dat dawg in em, he's gritty, he's pretty defensibly responsible, has a good chin, and keeps his composure. i think he's got a damn good chance but i know Shavkat and possibly Belal will be tough fights for him on the way to a title. im not sure how he does against Leon at this stage.

JDM but only if he does not fight Shavkat next.

Shavkat hype is unreal right now. Leon is special and will outclass him.
Leon definitely has a chance at beating Shavkat but I think Shavkat's style will give him trouble. Shavkat is good at making fights chaotic and capitalizing on opportunities in said chaos, which is detrminetal to Leon's very clean, refined style of fighting.

Leon is special, but he's going to get dumped on his head and mauled so badly you'll think he's the other kind of special.
Hopefully the next panic-wrestler in line can do something that Usman couldn't, in this case, then.

Came in thinking Jack would be the least popular pick. Really impressed with his get ups vs Burns.

JDM, but Shavkat is a shit fight for all three.

MVP.

JDM

Garry, in that order. Fake McGregor doesn't have the pop in his punches needed for the top elite IMO.

MVP doesn't have the time, he is already past prime, although his style makes for a longer career, just see wonderboy.

Ian Garry is too light to be WW Champ, he has to put on 10-15 pounds.
At Chute Box his already pretty good striking will stagnate. His grappling will get better though.

JDM lacks the ground game, not sold on him.

So maybe Garry, he has the personality disorder to really want it

I think Ian has the most room for improvement(which is a good thing); but right now: JDM

Even tho JDM looks like an animorph book cover of a wolf in mid transformation.

I went with Garry. I don't think any become champ though.

Ian maybe could be a 165lb champ though if anything comes of those rumors, he is a bit small for 170 and 165 seems like a better fit for him. If not he is young and can grow into 170 without constantly sucking down weight.

Last edited:
Of those 3 JDM easily, MVP is too old and has a style that doesn’t age well. Judging by Machados last performance you can make a case for him hitting his ceiling already and I think current MVP or JDM beat the fuck out of him.

I can see MVP beating Garry next then fighting for the belt after.

Ian Garry. Good size for the division, can strike and grapple.

JDM just got boxed up and taken down by Burns for 2.5 rounds. 10% chance.

MVP has zero chance.

Back