Michellle Waterson = GAME

She’s always been game and a really tough fighter. No one’s disputing that, but some of the losses have really been ugly the last 7 fights or so. It’s similar to Tony Ferguson…keep fighting if you want, but it’s not enjoyable to see one way traffic. That said, I actually am looking forward to Paddy vs Tony. They are both at a similar level. Waterson? Who do you match her up with now?

She's a sub .500 fighter in the UFC (6-8) Not sure if Dana "likes her" which gives her this unusual career boost that other WMMA fighters don't get.

She’s always been game and a really tough fighter. No one’s disputing that, but some of the losses have really been ugly the last 7 fights or so. It’s similar to Tony Ferguson…keep fighting if you want, but it’s not enjoyable to see one way traffic. That said, I actually am looking forward to Paddy vs Tony. They are both at a similar level. Waterson? Who do you match her up with now?

She was facing someone younger, and 18" taller than she was.

She's a sub .500 fighter in the UFC (6-8) Not sure if Dana "likes her" which gives her this unusual career boost that other WMMA fighters don't get.
She's a name and the women's divisions are thin. I don't think it's that unusual in modern times. They let a lot more fighters go on long losing streaks than they used to.

It is the Winklejohn curse. They completely suck the talent out of the fighters. I am not sure why the fighters are so loyal to that academy despite continuously losing and regressing in their skills. Holly Holm and Michelle Waterson both exactly are suffering from the same fate. They could have had good careers, if they had switched to some of the best coaches/trainers, yet they remain loyal to the academy while failing to evolve.

Last edited:
She may have lost, because she was totally outsized, but she tried her best.

No honest fight fan can fault someone for "losing" ... when they authentically go down fighting.

Michelle Waterson deserves respect for her efforts.

Unfortunately she is popular and well known and gets fights which she isn't capable of winning. She is in PVZ territory. I think the UFC part ways with her soon because she is too expensive for not being a realistic challenger.

I think she hasn't improved much since she started but all the other women have, leaving her in a bad spot.

Back