Microsoft acquires Zenimax Entertainment for $7.5 billion

Who's laughing, now?
181-1813761_xbox-mil-grau-pc-master-race-png-clipart.png

revenge-of-the-nerds-original.jpg

Damn... never predicted this.

The only counter move Sony could make is to buy out all of Konami's gaming licenses.

Otherwise, along with all of the other buyouts of developers by Microsoft, they will have an advantage over Sony this console generation.

How were they able to do this in total secrecy? Isn't Zenimax Entertainment a publicly traded company? Not one insider or 4Chan rumour, no one saw this coming.

I mean major props to Spencer picking up the pieces from the dumpster fire which was Don Matrrick..

He's went some way to making the Xbox brand viable again.
That dude understands gaming so poorly he was sinking Zynga in less than two years. Zynga!

When you can't even maintain a business model built entirely on reskinned bloatware, it might be time to look for a change of careers.

Remember Minecraft has never went exclusive and Microsoft bought them in 2014.. Could be a situation where everything ends up on Game Pass but you can also still buy it at full price anywhere else.
That's what I'm thinking. Would be a ton of money left on the table if they kept FO, Doom or ES exclusive.

That's what I'm thinking. Would be a ton of money left on the table if they kept FO, Doom or ES exclusive.

I don't know why but in my head aren't most of those sales coming from PC? All those titles are big named PC titles. Would they be losing a lot of money from not releasing this on PC?

Haven’t seen anything suggesting Bethesda games are now exclusive to Xbox. Seems like a Game Pass move.

Could be wrong but if it was truly exclusive that would be plastered everywhere.

Haven’t seen anything suggesting Bethesda games are now exclusive to Xbox. Seems like a Game Pass move.

Could be wrong but if it was truly exclusive that would be plastered everywhere.
Xbox now owns the IP's, so they can do whatever they want with them..

I do think they may release multi platform, but with timed exclusives for the big games.

I was thinking more along the lines of them not releasing them on PS

Microsoft owns windows. They’re not going to be holding any games back from PC. Sony on the other hand...

Agreed.

What I meant is they can definitely afford to make the games exclusives to Xbox and PC only. Will they do it? I dunno. But they wouldn't lose that many sales IMO.

Personally I have never bought any of those titles on console. They were all PC purchases. The one lone exception is the Evil Within but that was a free game on PS Plus ( I think. If it wasn't free then I don't own it... Haven't played it yet).

Back