Middleweight was so stacked after Anderson was dethroned that Jacare never even got a title shot.

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What a deep division that was. Any other time and Jacare would have at least gotten a title shot if not been a reigning champion.

Anderson Silva
Chris Weidman
Lyoto Machida
TRTitor Belfort
Jacare Souza
Yoel Romero
Michael Bisping
Kelvin Gastellum
Luke Rockhold
Gegard Mousasi

I wish it was still this stacked.

Fair point TS. Lot's of folks felt that Jacare' was disrespected by the UFC for not getting a shot. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Not sure if it was disrespect or just how stacked it was. Either way...Respect and thank you for the fights!

What a deep division that was. Any other time and Jacare would have at least gotten a title shot if not been a reigning champion.

Anderson Silva
Chris Weidman
Lyoto Machida
TRTitor Belfort
Jacare Souza
Yoel Romero
Michael Bisping
Kelvin Gastellum
Luke Rockhold
Gegard Mousasi

I wish it was still this stacked.
you forgot tim kennedy

Well, wasn't he getting fucked over during his winning streak by not getting a title shot and Bisping fighting old man Hendo and other ludicrous things like that?

revisionist history. when bisping fought hendo jacare was injured, and yoel was on a usada suspension.

Last edited:
And just like that the MW division disappeared once again as
Weirdman, Rockhard, Jacare, Homero, Granpa Ping, Belfort and Cheeta grew old overnight and Moose left to get a belt in Bellator.
The division is now completely empty.

I'm not saying MW wasn't stacked especially after the strikeforce absorption.

But Jacare lost his number 1 contender's fight to Romero. Romero got suspended. Bisping because champ and fuckery ruled for a time and Hendo and GSP got TS while Jacare was perfecting his game plan on how to beat Chris Camozzi.

And just like that the MW division disappeared once again as
Weirdman, Rockhard, Jacare, Homero, Granpa Ping, Belfort and Cheeta grew old overnight and Moose left to get a belt in Bellator.
The division is now completely empty.

Both the current champ and #1 contender would beat everyone in that list, so the division is not "empty" at all. It has lost in name value and depth, but that post-Anderson period was the exception rather than the rule.

Fair point TS. Lot's of folks felt that Jacare' was disrespected by the UFC for not getting a shot. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Not sure if it was disrespect or just how stacked it was. Either way...Respect and thank you for the fights!

I don't think it was disrespect. Jacare just wasn't that marketable, so he had to do more than someone more marketable, which increases the chance of losing and losing sets you back again. Which also happened with Jacare.Though for me personally, he definitely should have gotten the shot.

Both the current champ and #1 contender would beat everyone in that list, so the division is not "empty" at all. It has lost in name value and depth, but that post-Anderson period was the exception rather than the rule.

Lol no.
Prime Anderson destroys Izzy in spectacular fashion.
2013 Weirdman dominates Izzy on the ground.
Hell Luke can probablly beat Izzy today, if he gets his shit together.
43yoo Romero made Izzy run for 5 rounds. Romero arguably won that split decision.
Jacare drowns no ground game Izzy.
Prime Cheeta wins a clearcut 50:45 decision.
Belfort probably knocks him out with a spinning back kick to the head.

The only guy I'd favor Izzy to beat is Ping.

ArcticRepentantKitty-small.gif

ClosedPeskyFrenchbulldog-small.gif
JampackedGranularFlyingfish-small.gif

ColorlessQuerulousErmine-small.gif

Last edited:
Lol no.
Prime Anderson destroys Izzy in spectacular fashion.
2013 Weirdman dominates Izzy on the ground.
Hell Luke can probablly beat Izzy today, if he gets his shit together.
43yoo Romero made Izzy run for 5 rounds. Romero arguably won that split decision.
Jacare drowns no ground game Izzy.
Prime Cheeta wins a clearcut 50:45 decision.
Belfort probably knocks him out with a spinning back kick to the head.

The only guy I'd favor Izzy to beat is Ping.

LOL Izzy cleans out that entire list. Except Silva.

Back