Media Mike Perry Confirmed Sold Corner Spot to Redditor For UFC 255

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For a reported $10,000, despite Dana saying the commission wouldn’t allow it.

Mike Mensa Perry found a loophole and outsmarted the goof

Cliffs of the whole situation
  • Mike Perry initially said he was gonna auction off his corner to the highest bidder, Reddit guy bid 10k to corner him and Perry picked him.
  • Dana commented during a press conference that he wasn’t allowed to do that and needed clearance from the commission
  • Couple days before the fight, Perry was asked about what’s happening with his corner and said
“Yeah, my boy Matthew (will be in my corner). He’s a good guy. He kinda just fell into the situation, and he’s helped out with me and Latory and helped us out,” Perry explained. “He knows my boy Alex, and me and Alex have been working to be in the corner this weekend and whatever. I don’t know what’s going on with that, but I wanted to give my buddy an opportunity, and I’m gonna go to work on Saturday – me and the team.”
  • Seems like he found some sort of workaround, to have this guy in his corner and get paid for it. At least for now.

Last edited:
Hes in trouble. Dana finna change his mind about not firing him

Just shows (IMHO) that he is semi-desperate about money to be SELLING a corner-spot to someone for 10k.

Which would explain this (today) :

he's had time to think about it, and now he very probably regrets the US$27,000 he had to give to Tim Means (missed weight by 4.5lbs penalty) and also he didn't train enough to win the fight and give himself a strong chance of getting the associated U$90,000 win bonus.

Someone like Perry is just gonna smash thru that "small" (in his mind) amount of cash he got from last w/e cos he has almost zero budgetary control etc.

Therefore.....after a few days reflection ... the "I'm annoyed" tweet above.

Imagine paying money to go stand in that idiot’s corner.

It's all relative. If you make a very good living, 10k is not a substantial spend, more akin to going on a nice vacation.

Just about any super-fan would think its cool to get to go fully integrated behind the scenes in a UFC fight, to the point that you experience being a corner and all the access and experiences that entails. Perry is just an available vessel in this case.

He probably cut Dana enough to wet his beak

otherwise

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back