Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield prime for prime

Evander would have given him hell no matter what, that was just his mentality with Mike. Probably put them together today and it would be the same, inspite of Evander looking so old against that whoever it was.

You talking about the Vitor Belfort fight? Not only was Vitor a lot younger, I reckon mid 40s, he was also only a few years out of fighting, I hated that fight for Holyfield.

Prime Tyson swarms him and stops him on his feet inside 5 rounds imo.

Much as I like Holyfield he was definitely butting MT in that fight. I remember Lewis on JRE talking about fighting Holyfield and having to learn to duck first his punches then his follow up headbutt.

With good drug testing Holyfield would get smashed, but the pharmaceutical super-hero that was mid-90's Holyfield may be too much for any version Tyson unless Tyson can catch him early.

With good drug testing Holyfield would get smashed, but the pharmaceutical super-hero that was mid-90's Holyfield may be too much for any version Tyson unless Tyson can catch him early.
you cant be serious mentioning that vs Tyson <lmao> Tyson has abused steroids since his teen days and he admited himself having used them. Everyone was on roids, well besides axel schulz. Every freaking contender from Bowe, Lewis...etc and Tyson just the same on high dosages. But hey I know the fanboys alwys feel the need to create the myth of the "natural" bodyuilder look of lean 100kg. You guys are funny. Like with LeBron and his HGH chin its all in the genes baby.

funny thing about Mike though (most heavyweights really) I was watching his Holmes fight, a fight included in his "peak era" and he was throwing 30 punches in some rounds, that's not enough punches for a guy like Holyfield. He did manage to fight entire fights at a good clip in his pre-douglas career but I don't recall seeing him ever throwing a lot of punches. He just didn't get exhausted like he did in the Douglas/Holyfield/Lewis fights.

Agreed. That being said on the other hand prime Mike bring a little more concussion and shots you don't see coming, Evander would have to deal with that.

Mike Tyson fan are odious

Great fighter but lots of sketchy stuff going on in a lot of his fights, he is on record saying he used a fake penis for his drug tests

If you can, grab this book, its a very interesting read

The Long Round: The Triumphs and Tragedies of the Men Who Fought Mike Tyson​

Agreed. That being said on the other hand prime Mike bring a little more concussion and shots you don't see coming, Evander would have to deal with that.
Evander had a great chin and great heart. Tyson would have need to batter him, something he wasn't really the best at.

Mike Tyson fan are odious

Great fighter but lots of sketchy stuff going on in a lot of his fights, he is on record saying he used a fake penis for his drug tests

If you can, grab this book, its a very interesting read

The Long Round: The Triumphs and Tragedies of the Men Who Fought Mike Tyson​

I've linked the e-book. It's free & legal courtesy of the Internet Archive. Registration is required to read it in full. I'm going to view it in my favorite e-reader (Kindle Paperwhite) and check it out. Thanks.

Much as I like Holyfield he was definitely butting MT in that fight. I remember Lewis on JRE talking about fighting Holyfield and having to learn to duck first his punches then his follow up headbutt.

In one of those interviews Lennox said Evander was the master of head butts. He allegedly heard Holyfield had a tire tied to a bag so he that could practice headbutting lol..

I'm sure people here have already seen the Evander holyfield head butt video on YouTube. You know the one where he's squatting down low and ramming his head in an upward fashion. I can't remember which match but I remember him legitimately charging a guy with his head

Maybe slightly off topic but if anyone hasn't yet read Tysons book I highly recommend it.

Evander had a great chin and great heart. Tyson would have need to batter him, something he wasn't really the best at.

Prime Tyson has a chance to land the right shot at the right time IMO. Too bad we'll never know.

I dont get caught up in all that "Who had the truest one shot power vs combos" ..... prime tyson was just a joy to watch and imma just leave it at that

you cant be serious mentioning that vs Tyson <lmao> Tyson has abused steroids since his teen days and he admited himself having used them. Everyone was on roids, well besides axel schulz. Every freaking contender from Bowe, Lewis...etc and Tyson just the same on high dosages. But hey I know the fanboys alwys feel the need to create the myth of the "natural" bodyuilder look of lean 100kg. You guys are funny. Like with LeBron and his HGH chin its all in the genes baby.

You say that like I'm not aware, I am--you should try not assuming so much.

As you pointed out, the results of roids depend on how one trains with them... the extra recovery they offer doesn't give much benefit if you don't train extra.

But also Tyson was a natural HW as a teenager, he was biologically gifted and strong. He didn't need roids to be a real HW, Evander did.

Here they both are at the same age, it's not that one is more shredded than the other, one is just naturally bigger/wider/denser:
main-qimg-24d60a911537fb9f5fa3262ad9815c64

I stand by my conclusion: if they're both natural--Tyson absolutely destroys Evander. Holyfield needed the gear to compete with naturally bigger men.

Last edited:
You say that like I'm not aware, I am--you should try not assuming so much.

As you pointed out, the results of roids depend on how one trains with them... the extra recovery they offer doesn't give much benefit if you don't train extra.

But also Tyson was a natural HW as a teenager, he was biologically gifted and strong. He didn't need roids to be a real HW, Evander did.

Here they both are at the same age, it's not that one is more shredded than the other, one is just naturally bigger/wider/denser:
main-qimg-24d60a911537fb9f5fa3262ad9815c64

I stand by my conclusion: if they're both natural--Tyson absolutely destroys Evander. Holyfield needed the gear to compete with naturally bigger men.
Tyson has abused roids since his teen days so Tyson on the left is not clean Tyson at all. Besides that Holy was always the much better boxer. Tysons style looks great but is too dependent on being the much faster guy and he was always mentally weak. No coming back from adversity with him. A frontrunner.

Holy is and always was on a whole other level as Tyson. His boxing record is light-years above tyson

What did Riddick Bowe do in the first fight (not the 2nd fight because that version had Bowe slack off a bit) that managed to clinch him the win?

Maybe Tyson can land that uppercut from the inside that can send Holyfield reeling and the fight can be turned in Mike's favour here?

Tyson has abused roids since his teen days so Tyson on the left is not clean Tyson at all. Besides that Holy was always the much better boxer. Tysons style looks great but is too dependent on being the much faster guy and he was always mentally weak. No coming back from adversity with him. A frontrunner.

Holy is and always was on a whole other level as Tyson. His boxing record is light-years above tyson

That doesnt mean he also isnt naturally thicker, heavier and denser. Thing is -ive never seen mike look like how Holyfield looks there -he never really shrinks down as ive seen thousands do.

Back