Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

USCG took 4th in the international sniper competition this year. Looking for a shareable pic.
They did pretty good last year too.

ISC-Standings-FINAL-No-Names-1-1024x579.jpg

Coast guard is good, they put a lot into it. More than most for sure.

Regarding guardsmen for the sniper comp they have always sunk a lot of time effort into it. And selected their participants well in advance. People talk shit but if you have nothing to do for months besides train for a competition; even the 82nd would do well. Unfortunately with the active regular army teams they cannot afford that luxury.

I think the USCG got the M2A1 before the Navy and USMC did.

That pic of the 82nd winning was legit too that was before guys took like a fucking year just to train for best ranger. Now they treat best Ranger wannabes like pro athletes

I like the old cammies in those pics. Army cammies have looked like shit for 20 years now.

I think the only requirement is being tabbed. It may have started out as only for batt boys but as far back as least 1994 it's been open to all soldiers because two dudes with the 82nd won it that year.
I think the name needs to be changed. It is called the "Army's Best Ranger Competition" for a reason.
So, in theory, it should work like this: You have to be a Ranger in the U.S. Army. Rangers are only found in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Up and coming 2025 "Army's Best Ranger Competition" winners:
1713665543863.png
U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. McKenzie King and 2nd Lt. Abbey Duncan.
...and you thought only the boys could win that competition. You would be called 'silly.'

* Off-topic, but came across this.
One hot female from the U.S. Air Force. Airborne mama. I'm in love!
This girl looks like she is in her late 30s and already made full Colonel (O-6).

History will take place at Barksdale Air Force Base when the first woman commander of a combat bomber wing takes the helm of 2nd Bomb Wing. Colonel Kristin Goodwin has been tapped to lead the nation’s premier bomber wing, home to most of the Air Force’s B-52s. -- She was actually 44 at the time the photo was taken in 2014.
0001.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the name needs to be changed. It is called the "Army's Best Ranger Competition" for a reason.
So, in theory, it should work like this: You have to be a Ranger in the U.S. Army. Rangers are only found in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Up and coming 2025 "Army's Best Ranger Competition" winners:
View attachment 1040770
U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. McKenzie King and 2nd Lt. Abbey Duncan.
...and you thought only the boys could win that competition. You would be called 'silly.'
But they aren't tabbed...

But they aren't tabbed...
...your point being?
Were the Coast Guard guys tabbed?
Who cares anymore. Non-Rangers are winning the competition.
The new title for the competition will now be:
"The U.S. Army's Best Ranger Competition for Ranger and Non-Ranger Personnel - All Services Welcomed."

<DCWhoa>

Last edited:
...your point being?
"The U.S. Army's Best Ranger Competition for Ranger and Non-Ranger Personnel - All Services Welcomed - Ranger Tab Not Required."

<DCWhoa>
Uh which Coast Guard guys particpated in the Best Ranger Comp?

Uh which Coast Guard guys participated in the Best Ranger Comp?
"As of 2018, the competition involves 50 two-man teams, mostly from the 75th Ranger Regiment and the ARTB, but also including a Coast Guard team."

...but yes, you are right. You have to be Ranger tabbed to attend the competition.

Last edited:
"As of 2018, the competition involves 50 two-man teams, mostly from the 75th Ranger Regiment and the ARTB, but also including a Coast Guard team."
Your own source says they have to be tabbed.

Your own source says they have to be tabbed.
Yes. I edited my post above.
I still don't know why Air Force and Navy boys and girls would want to go through the Ranger course.
Infantry small unit tactics. It is taking away slots and funding that should go to soldiers in Infantry units on Active Duty and the National Guard. When will non-SOF Navy and Air Force personnel be doing day and night patrols? Never.

Last edited:
I still don't know why Air Force and Navy boys and girls would want to go through the Ranger course.
Infantry small unit tactics. It is taking away slots and funding that should go to soldiers in Infantry units on Active Duty and the National Guard. When will non-SOF Navy and Air Force personnel be doing day and night patrols? Never.

I could see the Air Force adapting.

I agree with the Navy, seems they would be ideally glued to Navy and Marine Corps training.

...your point being?
"The U.S. Army's Best Ranger Competition for Ranger and Non-Ranger Personnel - All Services Welcomed."

<DCWhoa>

The Coasties were in the international sniper competition, not Ranger Comp

They're probably wanting to pad their SRB for promotion, badge collect, or go for the challenge.

I know a former RI at my VFW. He mentioned how they opened up slots to other services in non-combat occupations, to fill slots. Not enough qualified grunts wanted to go. Not even combat proven infantrymen wanted to volunteer. Honestly, I don't blame them, and I don't blame anyone for accepting the opportunity. Heck, I would have liked to have gone. It used to be a requirement in ABC (ANGLICO Basic Course) before my time.

I get your thinking, though. It's like someone in 82nd going to Air Assault.

Last edited:
Or as a reenlistment incentive. I knew a couple of marines who got their jump wings that way.

Imagine a tabbed slick sleeve trying to talk shit to an 11B with a CIB and PH. <lmao>

Back