Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

You navy guys are weird.

gotta be honest, not feeling this crossing the equator stories...

isn't hazing supposed to be like funny? or really embarrassing?

by the time I joined, 2009, that shit was pretty much wrapped up. The best we got away w/ was ducktaping people into a chair w/ body armor on, and seeing who could deliver the nicest dropkick (WWE style) to them.....

gotta be honest, not feeling this crossing the equator stories...

isn't hazing supposed to be like funny? or really embarrassing?

by the time I joined, 2009, that shit was pretty much wrapped up. The best we got away w/ was ducktaping people into a chair w/ body armor on, and seeing who could deliver the nicest dropkick (WWE style) to them.....

It varies from ship to ship, I've never deployed on a ship but my buddies thst have been on meus as recently at 2013 have told me of the Shenanigans.

It varies from ship to ship, I've never deployed on a ship but my buddies thst have been on meus as recently at 2013 have told me of the Shenanigans.
I thought it was completely nixed now too. I work w/ Marines here in 29 palms, but they generally deploy straight there, or go on MEFs/MEUs that don't tend to cross the equator so I don't hear too many stories about it

also, the amount of insane stories I've heard from sailors/marines about Australia (parents hooking up the daughters, softballs being thrown onto the deck w/ phone numbers)......

that place is pretty legit, isn't it?

I thought it was completely nixed now too. I work w/ Marines here in 29 palms, but they generally deploy straight there, or go on MEFs/MEUs that don't tend to cross the equator so I don't hear too many stories about it

Some ships have a structured plan complete with a certificate to make it official but they at least give the a warning of the chaos that is about to rain down. Yeah no thanks , I'm glad whenever I've deployed I've been lucky enough to just get on a damn plane and do the damn thing.

Some ships have a structured plan complete with a certificate to make it official but they at least give the a warning of the chaos that is about to rain down. Yeah no thanks , I'm glad whenever I've deployed I've been lucky enough to just get on a damn plane and do the damn thing.
me too, being a former Soldier, I went straight from Germany (rammstein) to Manas, and then Kandahar and finally Bagram then KIA.....

I'd love to get some shore leave, but I'm cool on sitting on a ship for a month or two, with no job just getting in the navy cats way....

my dad (retired USMC SgtMaj) hated being on a ship for that reason

me too, being a former Soldier, I went straight from Germany (rammstein) to Manas, and then Kandahar and finally Bagram then KIA.....

I'd love to get some shore leave, but I'm cool on sitting on a ship for a month or two, with no job just getting in the navy cats way....

my dad (retired USMC SgtMaj) hated being on a ship for that reason

Thats the Primary flight plan I used in 2009 when I was in the Stan. Minus KIA mostly stayed on Kandahar and Bagram doing Marine Aviation stuff.

Thats the Primary flight plan I used in 2009 when I was in the Stan. Minus KIA mostly stayed on Kandahar and Bagram doing Marine Aviation stuff.
ya, I was in Kabul, so we had to ultimately end up on KIA. which was cool, till the rhino/R&R bus got attacked by an EFP, killing everyone on board (good shit, Iowa National Guard) and we were the QRF that had to respond.

no bueno

fuck bagram, you might as well just keep your arm up at perma-salute....

why have a salute bass, that has parts of it amber/red weapon status, and gets attacked ROUTINELY by mortars/rockets at the airfield.....

ya, I was in Kabul, so we had to ultimately end up on KIA. which was cool, till the rhino/R&R bus got attacked by an EFP, killing everyone on board (good shit, Iowa National Guard) and we were the QRF that had to respond.

no bueno

Well at least you are in good health to talk about it, never was in anything I would describe as imminent danger, got a lot of annoying Rocket attacks wake us the fuck up from time to time but nothing crazy. Doing the Ramp ceremonies to put the dead serviceman on the planes to Dover always hits the feels though.

Well at least you are in good health to talk about it, never was in anything I would describe as imminent danger, got a lot of annoying Rocket attacks wake us the fuck up from time to time but nothing crazy. Doing the Ramp ceremonies to put the dead serviceman on the planes to Dover always hits the feels though.
oh I wasn't on QRF, maybe I worded that wrong. However, since we had no 92M (mortuary affairs), as the highest ranking admin person on base guess who got to identify all the bodies?

this f'n guy. that was rough, to say the least.

they even got the combat stress dog man. The damn dog was the worst part for some reason

fuck bagram, you might as well just keep your arm up at perma-salute....

why have a salute bass, that has parts of it amber/red weapon status, and gets attacked ROUTINELY by mortars/rockets at the airfield.....

Yeah only stayed on the flight line in Bagram meaning no covers for Marines and Marines don't salute without a Cover.

my base, Camp Alamo, was a salute base for some reason too, although we were completely inside an ANA base as their boot camp drill instructors. Our LTC was the base mayor cell commander so he made it salute...

which was funny, b/c we had about 100 marines there too, and they just blatantly said 'f that' we don't do that. So we had to still salute their 1LT and CPT, and they'd just literally laugh in our faces....

good times

oh I wasn't on QRF, maybe I worded that wrong. However, since we had no 92M (mortuary affairs), as the highest ranking admin person on base guess who got to identify all the bodies?

this f'n guy. that was rough, to say the least.

they even got the combat stress dog man. The damn dog was the worst part for some reason

I think when servicemen pass , you have a respect because they signed up knowing this could happen and you hope the best for the families. That was my mindset anyways. For the dog man I think this is man's best friend when I see a friendly dog I think being in the park with my family and my Kid or nieces and nephews playing fetch with out dog. That poor service dog doesn't know any of the possible risks he is just there following a Master.

After the first month I just stopped running to the bunkers. Especially if i was in bed.

Back