Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

@My Spot
Here is one for you:
"Approximately 1,600 chaplains serve in the United States Army. Of those, only about 20 of them have earned the right to wear the Ranger tab." Chaplain Ranger students going through the course are a unique breed. RIs have different reactions to it. Some have a lot of respect for them and hold down on the foul language, others, not so much.

@My Spot
Here is one for you:
"Approximately 1,600 chaplains serve in the United States Army. Of those, only about 20 of them have earned the right to wear the Ranger tab." Chaplain Ranger students going through the course are a unique breed. RIs have different reactions to it. Some have a lot of respect for them and hold down on the foul language, others, not so much.

WOW! I didn't know that! Thanks San'!

WOW! I didn't know that! Thanks San'!
That does not mean they will all go into a Ranger or Special Forces unit.
The 75th Ranger Regiment has an atrocious up-tempo in peacetime training. They used to train in Alaska during the winter for winter warfare and Panama for summer warfare during the summer (jungle). It takes a toll on the body, mind, and marriage. Rangers, on average, would stay with the Regiment for 3 years and move out. The Regiment Chaplains are doing the same thing. I take it the Regiment needs at least 3 Chaplains (?). It is a better quality of life with a regular Infantry line unit like the 1st ID, 2nd ID, or 3rd ID.

Last edited:
West Point going to shit as is the rest of the U.S. Army. Not the Army of 36 years ago.

* On a side note, West Point cadets outrank Army NCOs. I don't know who came up with this stupid regulation (and there is one) since cadets are not soldiers until they graduate. The majority of these idiots will not know shit about the real Army until they spend at least 1 year in a unit (Active Duty). They will have reached 'wisdom' when they realize NCOs are the backbone of the Army.

Last edited:
West Point going to shit as is the rest of the U.S. Army. Not the Army of 36 years ago.

* On a side note, West Point cadets outrank Army NCOs. I don't know who came up with this stupid regulation (and there is one) since cadets are not soldiers until they graduate. The majority of those idiots will not know shit about the real Army until they spend at least 1 year in a unit (Active Duty). They will have reached 'wisdom' when they realize NCOs are the backbone of the Army.
That's definitely not the case with Naval Academy middies.

That's definitely not the case with Naval Academy middies.
No, I believe the same goes for midshitmen, :eek: I mean midshipmen.
Army Regulation 600–20 (Army Command Policy). The U.S. Navy has a similar policy.
Sure as shit did not get saluted in OCS. Officer Candidates got 'roasted' by the NCO cadre. Two were prior RIs - very professional. Plus, we were all prior enlisted. Toy soldiers and sailors.

Last edited:
No, I believe the same goes for midshitman, :eek: I mean midshipman.
Army Regulation 600–20 (Army Command Policy). The U.S. Navy has a similar policy.
Sure as shit did not get saluted in OCS. Officer Candidates got 'roasted' by the NCO cadre. Two were prior RIs - very professional. Plus, we were all prior enlisted. No-one got commissioned yet, why should they get a salute? Toy soldiers and sailors.
From the VMI files:
View attachment 1042005
Nope, active duty aren't required to salute middies.

Nope, active duty aren't required to salute middies.
...but do they (Navy Enlisted) outrank the midshipmen? I don't think so.
"If said midshipman (or cadet) is enrolled in one of the several U.S. federal service academies or one of the several advanced senior ROTC programs, they officially 'outrank' all enlisted personnel. Per Army Regulation 600–20, in Tables 1–1 and 1–2 (which provides rank equivalencies for all U.S. armed services), such cadets and midshipmen rank above pay grade E-9 and below W-1.”

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. You don't salute and they can't give you orders.
Maybe so.
The way I'm reading this is that cadets and midshipmen outrank enlisted - on paper. It does not say anything about salutes or giving orders. Cadets are not soldiers and midshipmen are not sailors, both are in school. Either way, it is all bullshit until one gets a commission in the Army or the Navy. In OCS everyone was paid at the rank of E-6. West Point does not charge for room, board, or medical & dental coverage; plus, cadets receive a salary that covers all other fees and leaves them between $200 to $500 in spending money each month.

Got to love Popp, looking out for the lower enlisted females in Iraq who had no real leadership.
. Captain: "Who the fuck are you?"
. Popp: "I'm the guy who is going to write the IG complaint that is going to end people's fucking career, that's who I fucking am. Get the shit fucking fixed!" ...and indeed, the shit got fixed. Why is it so hard for some of these idiots to do the right thing?

Last edited:
Got to love Popp, looking out for the lower enlisted females in Iraq who had no real leadership.
. Sergeant Major: "Who the fuck are you?"
. Popp: "I'm the guy who is going to write the IG complaint that is going to end people's fucking career, that's who I fucking am. Get the shit fucking fixed!" ...and indeed, the shit got fixed. Why is it so hard for some of these idiots to do the right thing?

This one is too easy. Here's how to get the best stuff if you're downrange.

f16d029e8a688983b2d47b28a578ab69.jpg

American Marlboro's are good as gold overseas. ;)

Wow!
The current number of U.S. military personnel is at the level we were in before WWII. That would mean: We suck!
Recruitment has been a failure for the past two years. Folks are fat, out of shape, not very smart, drug users and criminal records.

Last edited:
...but do they (Navy Enlisted) outrank the midshipmen? I don't think so.
"If said midshipman (or cadet) is enrolled in one of the several U.S. federal service academies or one of the several advanced senior ROTC programs, they officially 'outrank' all enlisted personnel. Per Army Regulation 600–20, in Tables 1–1 and 1–2 (which provides rank equivalencies for all U.S. armed services), such cadets and midshipmen rank above pay grade E-9 and below W-1.”

As a salty Lance (E-3), I rolled a midshipmen that walked up my ramp when we were setting up comm.

As a salty Lance (E-3), I rolled a midshipmen that walked up my ramp when we were setting up comm.

Cadets on my first cutter were warned by my former BMC to former Bosn Warrant now Commander CO that that if the wanted a successful summer they had best learn to shut the fuck up and "and aye aye" when corrected by any enlisted on his ship.

Back