Mirko Cro Cop shares stories from his childhood: Music teacher broke a metallophone of my head

white crow

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Filipović was talking about his early childhood. In first minutes of podcasts he linked many things he's seen and concluded that fishermen are superstitious. His father was a fisherman and used to always send him to get worms from the ground with a shovel. Mirko hated it but used to do it out of respect. One time when he brung those worms and asked his father who was in a car with his buddies "Where you going?", and then his father got out of the car and kicked him in the ass. Asking fishermen "Where you going?" when they're about to go fish is considered to bring bad luck. Today Mirko describes it as bat shit crazy.

He also told a story about his mom beating him when he did something stupid. It was a usual thing in his household. When Mirko was a few grades from high school he learned how to fight. "I could have beat a grown ass man in wrestling" says Filipović. And one day he got a 1(E) in math. When he got home his mom reached to slap him and he blocked. Then she reached with the left hand and CC blocked again. From that day, Mirko explains, his mom realized that he grew up and also learned how to fight. She never hit him again and started treating him like an adult. When he did something stupid she would have just critized him.

Filipović says that he's extremely grateful to his parents for beating him when he does something wrong. "Imagine how fucked up I would be if I didn't get proper discipline" he says. It is his opinion that every child should get the same treatment when they do something bad. Host of the podcast, Marko Petrak, completely agreed with him.

Around the same time he got that 1 in math, an incident happened on Filipović's music class. Apparently, Ljiljana Savatović, his music teacher, got mad at him for failing to learn something she gave him to do and smashed a metallophone of his head and broke it. "I was lucky it was a plastic mettalophone" Mirko added "one kid got a wooden one break of his head and his father wanted to beat the bitch". "Batshit crazy woman" as he described her further "she is a psychiatric case". Filipović recalled some more crazy teachers he had, but noted that no-one ever hit the kids except Ljiljana.

Last edited:
His father was a fisherman and used to always send him to get worms from the ground with a shovel.
mnanpwI.gif

I used to get my ass beat when I brought home shit grades as well...

First my mom would beat my ass right after school when she saw my grades...

and then when my dad would come home from work, she would tell him about my grades and then he would take his turn beating my ass...

good times

Last edited:
That teacher should have studied English better. Who breaks a metallophone "of" someones head!

Haha all the dumbasses that make jokes speak only one language. Enough said

Mirko is low key the most fascinating cat we've seen so far. His demeanor and skills don't suggest he's such a deep thinker.

He's also quite funny/comical for a confirmed killer. Great man.

Thanks for the translations. Croatian parents sound way more badass than pussy-ass parents today.

Mirko is low key the most fascinating cat we've seen so far. His demeanor and skills don't suggest he's such a deep thinker.

He's also quite funny/comical for a confirmed killer. Great man.
In the same podcast he said "Marko, I don't have to graduate from Harvard or Yale to be able to have some essential intelligence".

Ha! I remember a music "teacher" in second grade hit me on the head with a wooden stick and called my classmate a B*stard. And yup, I'm also thankful for my mom beating me when I acted like a horrible kid. Must be an Eastern European thing, eh? (I'm from Georgia, country)

Thanks for the translations. Croatian parents sound way more badass than pussy-ass parents today.
You're welcome. And I think most of them are "pussy-ass parents" today, time has changed. Mirko was a kid in some more disciplined time.

Yeah those slaps would give the children discipline and a reason to respect their parents , Violence in family is surely a bad thing but being a cry-baby parent wont help it either.

In the same podcast he said "Marko, I don't have to graduate from Harvard or Yale to be able to have some essential intelligence".
Reminds me of a quote from good will hunting..
"See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna staht doin some thinkin on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certaintees in life. One, don't do that. And Two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin education you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library."

Also thanks for the thread and translation.

"See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna staht doin some thinkin on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certaintees in life. One, don't do that. And Two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin education you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library."

Great fuckin movie btw, one of my all time faves. Will was basically right in nearly everything he said.

With the internet it’s even worse, no late fees, e books everywhere, you can learn about basically anything for FREE! If you’re smart enough you can get any e book for free. Self made, there are videos of people doing operations, where if you applied yourself, you probably can do an appendix surgery. It’s insane. We are now in the lazy phase, where the info is out there, just the desire to do it, is waning.

With the internet it’s even worse, no late fees, e books everywhere, you can learn about basically anything for FREE! If you’re smart enough you can get any e book for free. Self made, there are videos of people doing operations, where if you applied yourself, you probably can do an appendix surgery. It’s insane. We are now in the lazy phase, where the info is out there, just the desire to do it, is waning.
This. Imagine if Tesla had all the shit we do

Back