News Mitrione vs Fortune set for April 2nd

I was hoping for Mowry to get Mitrione's last fight because he's shown better improvements than Fortune but I guess they are pushing Fortune instead.

Fortune needs to go back to his wrestling for this one

@trentkelp We miss those threads about Fortune bro <45> You haven't recovered yet after that Tim fight?

@trentkelp We miss those threads about Fortune bro <45> You haven't recovered yet after that Tim fight?
He soldiered on after the brutal KO and even defended Fortune in that nut-shot fight. I think the shitty performance in the Souwma fight compounded by the Natividad dude getting KTFO by a scrub in the same week just broke him.

He soldiered on after the brutal KO and even defended Fortune in that nut-shot fight. I think the shitty performance in the Souwma fight compounded by the Natividad dude getting KTFO by a scrub in the same week just broke him.
He will be back 100% if Fortune beats Mitrione lol

He's just waiting for the perfect opportunity

I was hoping for Mowry to get Mitrione's last fight because he's shown better improvements than Fortune but I guess they are pushing Fortune instead.

Checked Mowry's instagram. He signed a bout agreement for one of the April cards.

Checked Mowry's instagram. He signed a bout agreement for one of the April cards.
Mowry vs Moldovsky makes sense but I think they are going to book him against another unranked guy. Once Fortune signed his new contract he started fighting better competition. I guess once Mowry does too he will do the same, but in the meantime he will probably have another easy fight.

Mowry vs Moldovsky makes sense but I think they are going to book him against another unranked guy. Once Fortune signed his new contract he started fighting better competition. I guess once Mowry does too he will do the same, but in the meantime he will probably have another easy fight.
Mowry vs Ayala, Markes or Sidelnikov

Also where is Adam Keresh? He was inactive in 2020

Last edited:

You have to assume that Moldavsky will be on the card with Nemkov, so it's not out of the question.

Last edited:
Mowry vs Ayala, Markes or Sidelnikov

Also where is Adam Keresh? He was inactive in 2020
I think Mowry should be above any of them, specially Markes, he would just get embarrassed. But any of those would make sense, I just hope he doesnt fight another gimme fight.

And yes, Keresh is pretty inactive, kind of like Gozali, those two seem to fight only in European cards.

You have to assume that Moldavsky will be on the card with Nemkov, so it's not out of the question.
I usually do not like Moldavsky's fights but I think a fight against another grappler who can take him down and take the fight to him would be good.

I think Mowry should be above any of them, specially Markes, he would just get embarrassed. But any of those would make sense, I just hope he doesnt fight another gimme fight.

And yes, Keresh is pretty inactive, kind of like Gozali, those two seem to fight only in European cards.
He's definitely above them but he needs a win over someone from them to add on his resume or maybe even Vassell first

And then he can fight the top guys. But I wouldn't mind if he fights Moldavsky now, Mowry is legit and already beat some good fighters

Matt is shot imo and I've heard he barely trains anymore. Fortune should win this. However they both have recent brutal nut shot no contest finishes, so maybe we get another one of those.

Is Mowry low on fights on his contract? I'm sure the UFC would be sniffing around that guy, he's very legit imo.

Matt is shot imo and I've heard he barely trains anymore. Fortune should win this. However they both have recent brutal nut shot no contest finishes, so maybe we get another one of those.

Is Mowry low on fights on his contract? I'm sure the UFC would be sniffing around that guy, he's very legit imo.
That is the reason why I thought Mowry was ideal to face Mitrione. It would be a name opponent to rise his stock. Mowry has shown vast improvements and is a finisher so I would assume Bellator would push this guy more. But I guess we'll find out what the company has in store for him. I havent read anything about his contractual status but that seems to be Bellator's "modus operandi" and thats sonewhat what Josh Thompson explained once. The amount of money you sign for translates into the quality of opposition you face (it would be interesting to know how much Usman N. signed for, BTW). In Mowry's case, he has faced low level opposition and im assuming it has to do with him being relatively unknown at the time, so hopefully once he re-signs and starts facing the Tim Johnsons, Linton Vassells, even the Sergei Kharitonov (once he heals)...or he seeks free agency and checks out what the UFC is offering.

Mitrione has the worst TDD at HW history.

Fartune has not been looking great lately (stiffened by Tim, cheating against May, and barely beating a journeyman while showing poor cardio) but he got this one.

I just wish @trentkelp would be here breaking these news. He has not been the same since Tirrel died in the cage and then his other kid got knocked out in the UFC.

Back