Mix vs Gallagher for May 7th

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

It could be a badass grappling match or an easy night at the office for Mix. Gallagher has actually moved his camp from SBG and now trains with Krause. That is a great move, IMO.

That's a big step up in competition. Mix walked through Bandejas who walked through Jimmy.

I know that's a bit MMMAthish, but still.

finally gave him a real fight and a good one. Also have to assume they'd give him a title shot if he beats Mix

That's a big step up in competition. Mix walked through Bandejas who walked through Jimmy.

I know that's a bit MMMAthish, but still.
Gallagher is in a similar position as MVP, they are very overhyped but have mostly faced shitty competition and destroyed it. However, they havent faced those top 10-15 guys who will truly test you and cement you as a contender. Their next logical step should be to face someone in the top 10-12 (for MVP that should have been 3 years ago) and move forward from there. But they are so overhyped that they cant afford to lose against such opponents. So, right now is best if they lost against a top rated fighter rather than a middle of the road guy (like it happened to Gallagher).

Wow!!!!!!! Great fight

I think Mix wins this...

with the new regime of Espinoza I hope to see more of this matchups

I hope Gallagher shows up in a big way. This isn’t the worst style matchup for him. He’s been with Krause’s team for a few months so I wouldn’t put it past him. He is a big name for Bellator so I’d like to see his hype continue to build for them. But this is a tough one.

I hope Gallagher shows up in a big way. This isn’t the worst style matchup for him. He’s been with Krause’s team for a few months so I wouldn’t put it past him. He is a big name for Bellator so I’d like to see his hype continue to build for them. But this is a tough one.
I would have preferred for Gallagher to climb the ladder and face someone like Keith Lee, Scoggins, Miesch, or Perez. But im assuming he has a big contract and he needs to start facing stiffer competition.

I would have preferred for Gallagher to climb the ladder and face someone like Keith Lee, Scoggins, Miesch, or Perez. But im assuming he has a big contract and he needs to start facing stiffer competition.
Those would be great tests but he’s been in Bellator for 5 years 11-1 he’s almost 25 I think he should be getting these fights if he’s the real deal. I do think they did him a favor in the matchup though. Mix has not shown any real threat on the feet so far. Bellator want him to win for sure. But this will be a tough one for him.

Those would be great tests but he’s been in Bellator for 5 years 11-1 he’s almost 25 I think he should be getting these fights if he’s the real deal. I do think they did him a favor in the matchup though. Mix has not shown any real threat on the feet so far. Bellator want him to win for sure. But this will be a tough one for him.
Gallagher hinted at this fight a few months ago so Im assuming both of them have been preparing for each other for a while. I think the build up of the fight will be fun, too. They both legitimately dont like each other so this will be a good one.

Call me crazy but I think this fight may be determined on the feet

I love Mix. Although he lost, he put up a very valiant and exciting effort against Archuleta. Think he quite easily handles Gallagher, but we’ll see.

I was thinking same, Mix striking still very raw and Jimmy quite bit more slick and refined
Imagine of Gallagher KO's Mix...can "The Jimmy Show" get any more annoying?

easy win for pat mix. nothing against james, but this is a bad match up

I love Mix. Although he lost, he put up a very valiant and exciting effort against Archuleta. Think he quite easily handles Gallagher, but we’ll see.
mix has future champ written all over him

Good fight but Mix will dominate this kid.
100%

Back