MMA Journalism

Spam On Rye

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Used Sherdog and MMAfighting for my UFC news the past decade so after reading the post fight UFC articles on Sherdog I go and check MMAfighting and 12 of the 14 headlines are about Jake Paul and the BJJ guy boxing. WTF is this shit?
I get that the kids like it but the Barboza fight was one of the best comebacks of the year. Is MMA journalism broken? Seems like Sherdog is last man standing.

PS Ariel is a little snake. Just like to say that from time to time.

This hurts my soul to look at. Fuck!
Yep, that's the sad reality of why it gets covered so extensively.

This BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/67113845 about it is funny, author seems like a genuine boxing fan who is confused about why the fight drew such attention VS better, real boxing.

Unfortunately, the UFC can only do so much for marketing. The fighters themselves have to be willing to put themselves out there, which I can understand why a lot of them don't want to do that. But at the same time, it potentially makes them more money and would probably please their bosses.

It is what it is, I guess.

PS Ariel is a little snake. Just like to say that from time to time.
575638f925b1f136015194.gif

Mma fighting.com is more into pro wrestling these days than mma, so following the misfits card makes sense. Helweenie is pissed at the world and mma in particular, and has been moving away from it for some time. The rest of the website is following suit, cause they’re pussies.

Journalism in general has become more about capturing clicks from shortened attention spans. His normal
<mma1>

Yeah, everybody autistic now.
This.

It is all about content and quantity, not quality. Gotta get dem clicks.

Plus far too many people care about the "influencers" than the real career athletes that are in it for more than e-clout.

Ariel has been dickriding Danis for the last couple of months.

Maybe chuck mindenhall and a handful of others but otherwise not really!!

Off in a tangent but anyone ever seen the MMA Guru standing up? No, me neither.

The only "journalism" you need is forums.sherdog.com. Not Sherdog.com, they don't pay me nothing.

This.

It is all about content and quantity, not quality. Gotta get dem clicks.

Plus far too many people care about the "influencers" than the real career athletes that are in it for more than e-clout.
Dopamine is a hell of a drug and the fact that 'influencer' is even a thing means it's time for the flood.

Back