MMA vs Wing Chun

SandaKicker

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

This was a fight of mine from several years ago.

I was only a part time fighter not looking to make money from it, going 6-5 between amateur, semi pro and pro in MMA, getting back into it now with Sanda.

I thought I’d share this as people are sometimes interested in these ‘style vs style’ match ups.

My opponent stood out in that he was the only opponent that I had that wasn’t primarily affiliated with an MMA camp.

The fight started and he went for the signature knee stomp, from there it was the easiest fight I ever had, I doubt he had sparred before.

I was only a part time fighter not looking to make money from it, going 6-5 between amateur, semi pro and pro in MMA, getting back into it now with Sanda.

I thought I’d share this as people are sometimes interested in these ‘style vs style’ match ups.

My opponent stood out in that he was the only opponent that I had that wasn’t primarily affiliated with an MMA camp.

The fight started and he went for the signature knee stomp, from there it was the easiest fight I ever had, I doubt he had sparred before.

Did you literally beat up some random guy off the street? Is that legal?

Did you literally beat up some random guy off the street? Is that legal?

Well he had some Wing Chun Training of some sort, enough that he felt confident enough to be teaching people.

Apparently this is a hot issue in China right now;

I reckon there’s probably dozens of these happening a year in regional MMA with Mcdojo instructor’s on shows but most probably fly under the radar.

Well trained in both Wang Chun and "UFC" in his sick UFC shorts bro......of course the first thing he did was go for some awkward attempt at a knee stomp.

Back