Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
9/10 since I saw it in a theater. Probably 8/10 overall. It was fun and entertaining.
And people can stop crying about
Johnny Cage since he’ll be in the sequel.

9/10 since I saw it in a theater. Probably 8/10 overall. It was fun and entertaining.
And people can stop crying about
Johnny Cage since he’ll be in the sequel.

Its more of a complaint that an original and cliche character was the 'star' of this movie, when the same actor could have been Johnny Cage.

im actually reading up on subzero since i was confused as i always thought he was a good guy

Depicted as a warrior from the fictional Lin Kuei clan, the character is principally defined by his ability to control ice in many forms. The franchise's main Sub-Zero debuted as a playable character in Mortal Kombat II (1993) and has been featured under the mantle in every central installment since his introduction. In the 2011 reboot, his real name is established as Kuai Liang. Prior to the main Sub-Zero, the mantle was used by his older brother Bi-Han in the original 1992 game, who appears in subsequent installments as Noob Saibot.

Both incarnations of Sub-Zero are noted for their bitter rivalry with the undead specter Scorpion due to Bi-Han killing him prior to his resurrection and Kuai Liang attempting to avenge Bi-Han's death at Scorpion's hands. In contrast with his older brother's anti-heroic and later villainous role in the franchise, the main Sub-Zero is depicted as one of the heroic fighters defending Earthrealm against various threats. He also becomes an ally of Scorpion in the reboot continuity.

tenor.gif

that also makes more sense considering
they killed sub zero in the first movie, at least he gets to come back as a good guy tho

thats something I mentioned earlier....the movie and alot of people bitching about the characters like Lui Kang show how little of us have paid attention to the mythos since the very early games.
Lui Kang has been this monk looking character for half a dozen games for example

thats something I mentioned earlier....the movie and alot of people bitching about the characters like Lui Kang show how little of us have paid attention to the mythos since the very early games.
Lui Kang has been this monk looking character for half a dozen games for example
i def think liu kang and kung lao were some of the weaker parts of the movie

going in, i didnt know subzero was supposed to be a villain. also i thought raiden was a bad guy. i wonder who they will cast for johnny cage, the miz who was posted a few pages back doesnt seem like a bad idea. if only jcvd was 20 years younger
The original Sub was always a Villian. It's his brother in later games that is a good guy.

I couldn't stand that girls resting bitch face. I like the new Sonya better. My only issue with the movie is Cole's powers are stupid as fuck. Should have just made him have the same powers as scorpion and have him take over as the new scorpion.

I thought that was what they were doing...making him like scorpions bruce banner or billy batson but then they just went in a completely different direction.

I thought that was what they were doing...making him like scorpions bruce banner or billy batson but then they just went in a completely different direction.

Yea I thought that was the plan also but they went another way with it and it was garbage.

Why are you guys using spoiler tags? If you come into a sherdog movie or TV show threads you should know your gonna get spoilered unless it specifically says spoiler free.

Anyways I thought the movie was OK, someone said it was lazy and I agree.

New character sucked I think we can all agree on that.

Goro and Reptile were cans

They sunk their entire budget into the beginning cinematography and the ice scenes with Sub.

Kabal was the best part of the movie. He was fucking badass!

i def think liu kang and kung lao were some of the weaker parts of the movie

Sure were, but they were pretty much how they have been for like..a decade or more now.

There was even an undead liu kang who wore the same outfit cept was...well undead and had chains

Is Kano originally supposed to be a tweener or a straight up heel

And I guess scorpion is just a mercenary who fights whichever side he is on right
He is generally neutral but fights for whoever might be able to assist his goals of vengeance on the Lin Kuei clan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back